Windows 10: Microsoft Is Building A Blue Light Reduction Feature For Redstone 2

Discus and support Microsoft Is Building A Blue Light Reduction Feature For Redstone 2 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Earlier this week, Microsoft released a new build of Windows 10 and seeing as we are now into the Redstone 2 development phase, new features are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft Is Building A Blue Light Reduction Feature For Redstone 2

Read more: Microsoft Is Building A Blue Light Reduction Feature For Redstone 2 - Thurrott.com

:)

Brink, Aug 31, 2016
  2. Rohn007 Win User

Yellow Tint Windows 10 Computer

Exactly what version and build of Windows do you have.

The fall creator's update added a new feature the removes some of the blue light from the display. You may be seeing that effect. There is also some 3rd party tools that do the same, the one that came with my computer is called f.lux.

Sometimes, the application, or windows, seems to get a little confused becuase the effect flickers on and off then steadies back to the required setting.

2017 11 29 FCU- HOW TO ENABLE “BLUE LIGHT” FILTERING IN WINDOWS 10

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/blue-light-re...

Rohn007, Aug 31, 2016
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    Rohn007, Aug 31, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

Interesting. I hope this gets implemented.

swarfega, Sep 1, 2016
  5. dencal Win User
    Many top quality makes of Televisions have for years automatically adjusted their picture quality to the surrounding ambient circumstances....this concept is not new.....as for masking blue light to aid sleeping....maybe they should increase it during working hours to aid production......seems like a gimmick to me.

dencal, Sep 1, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Currently using Redshift GUI
    redshiftgui download | SourceForge.net
    - found this more convenient, smaller and more flexible than f.lux

I'm willing to bet MS's offering doesn't have the neat options this has.

dalchina, Sep 1, 2016
  7. swarfega Win User
    I've been using f.lux for years on and off.

swarfega, Sep 1, 2016
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Thanks for the link.. I'll look into this later on and thanks for the update Shawn. Again, I'll read up on that later on.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Sep 1, 2016
  9. Davy49 Win User
    Hi All,
    I'm typing this on my desktop computer..I normally don't leave my computer on all the time, but if I decide to leave my desktop running for an 'extended' period of time, I simply just press the power button on my monitor and turn off the display. So am I missing something in regards to possibly a new feature in a future release ?
    David

Davy49, Sep 1, 2016
  10. swarfega Win User
    I think you are *Tongue This feature is about blue light 'pollution' in the evenings which makes you more fatigued that you should be. So reducing the blue light emitted by monitors is supposed to help with that.

But like you, I too turn my monitors off while not in use.

swarfega, Sep 1, 2016
  11. right all this may plausibly decent at night (YMMV ) but otherwise I have my screen at 15 min to sleep and the PC at 1 hr to sleep and high performance power settings so my Haswell Core i5 doesn't ramp in and out of a CPU low state /low core state and SSD /HDD are at ready states outside of sleep or whatever windows does in a high performance power plan sleep state which it all wakes up to lock screen and pin entry request decently from

At night I often shut down the PC and the monitor goes into a .3 watt ~3v standby just like turning a dumb TV off now so the monitor (itself) doesn't have to post on cold power up which isn't the best thing for the board level wet lytics or ASICS in a desktop monitor anyway but one could make the same argument for a PC configured to a similar low power sleep state and HDD off plan*Cool

electronuser, Sep 2, 2016
  12. OilerNut Win User
    This seems like such a useless gimmick.

OilerNut, Sep 3, 2016
  13. Fafhrd Win User

I won't comment on insomnia due to the blues, but others may have some input here.

On Tenforums, the various screen styles for the forums all seem to have a basic blue foundation - even the Modern Green fades to blue as I scroll down. Only the Dark styles offer a little relief from blue, with their various shades of charcoal and grey backgrounds, and occasional orange - and Vb2 looks like an impending thunderstorm, with its pale greys and heavy dark headers - although I detect a touch of blue there too. The least blue pale style seems to be the Mobile Style, with the graduated pale orange quote boxes.

Everything hints back to an earlier era of Windows, as though Tenforums never really left Windows 2000 behind. The fonts available clearly have none of the screen fonts from Windows Vista and above (XP never introduced any mainstream Latin fonts AFAIK) - some of the newest available are Palatino Linotype and Trebuchet MS, with the default being good old Arial from Windows 3.1. There seems to be some bug in the font box by the way - my choice has now become stuck between Microsoft Sans... and Verdana

Now I know this is all for backwards compatibility, but wouldn't it be fun to have just one forum style that uses Windows 10 type formatting and window styles, defaulting to SegoeUI, but having Candara etc, without a blue pixel in sight?

Fafhrd, Sep 3, 2016
  14. Victek Win User
    Victek, Sep 3, 2016
  15. larc919 Win User
    I agree. My monitor color settings are precisely what I want them to be. Hands off, Microsoft! Now, if they can do something to dim blue LEDs on the monitor and PC case, more power to them.

larc919, Sep 3, 2016
Thema:

1. Microsoft Is Building A Blue Light Reduction Feature For Redstone 2 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Building Blue

2. Blue light reduction

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue light reduction: I understand there is a way to reduce the amount of blue light emitted from my computer screen with Windows 10. Can someone help me with this? Thanks. Ray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-light-reduction/b3928a13-64ef-46ba-b7f5-b3446d7dd047
  3. Redstone 5 --- October 2, 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Redstone 5 --- October 2, 2018: [ATTACH] https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/windows-10s-october-update-redstone-5-will-be-released-on-october-2nd/ It would be a good idea to make a system image before it installs. https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree...
  4. Microsoft is internally testing Windows 10 Redstone 6 builds

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is internally testing Windows 10 Redstone 6 builds: Microsoft has already confirmed that the development of Windows 10 Redstone 5 update is in the final stage. Microsoft will soon start focusing on stabilization for Windows 10 Redstone 5 and it appears that the software giant is preparing Redstone 6 builds for the Skip Ahead...
  5. Blue Light Reduction cannot be turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue Light Reduction cannot be turned off: My laptop is Thinkpad W530. The system is windows 10 home edition build 14393.693. I set up my screen by using Blue Light Reduction (BLR). Now everyday after 9pm, the screen goes into blue light redution model. However, I want to revert it back to normal. The interesting...
  6. Windows 10 Mobile features that are coming in Redstone 2

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile features that are coming in Redstone 2: Ever since April, it's been rumored that Microsoft's next feature update for Windows 10, codenamed Redstone 2, will have a greater focus on Mobile. In fact, Redstone 3 is rumored to be the same. At day two of Microsoft's Ignite 2016 conference today in a session called,...
  7. Microsoft to build App-V virtualization client in Windows 10 Redstone

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to build App-V virtualization client in Windows 10 Redstone: Microsoft looks to be building its App-V virtualization client into its coming Windows 10 'Redstone' Enterprise release in the hopes of simplifying app deployment and servicing. Microsoft looks to be building its App-V application virtualization client directly into...
  8. Redstone Wave 2 comes. :)

in Windows 10 News
    Redstone Wave 2 comes. :): Redstone Wave 2 Comes! *Wink Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Source: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 49724
  9. Upcoming Windows 10 Redstone builds to feature more Edge improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Upcoming Windows 10 Redstone builds to feature more Edge improvements: Microsoft has finally started implementing new features in its latest internal Redstone builds, the first of which appear to focus on the company’s new Windows 10 browser, Edge. Microsoft is working to make Edge a viable alternative to other popular web browsers in Redstone,...
  10. Microsoft Delays Some Windows 10 Redstone Features - Report

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Delays Some Windows 10 Redstone Features - Report: Source says Microsoft is now working to prioritize features [img] Redstone is the codename of the upcoming big update for Windows 10 and rumor has it that it could arrive in the summer with a number of exciting features, including support for extensions in Edge...