Windows 10: Microsoft is freezing and lagging whenever I interact with taskbar or some settings.

Discus and support Microsoft is freezing and lagging whenever I interact with taskbar or some settings. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The issue seemed to arise when I first converted my local account to a microsoft account, where I started to get a program that consumed the majority... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JESSE D. BURKS, May 27, 2024.

1. Microsoft is freezing and lagging whenever I interact with taskbar or some settings.

The issue seemed to arise when I first converted my local account to a microsoft account, where I started to get a program that consumed the majority of my CPU's memory "WpnUserService_bc08f Windows Push Notifications User Service_bc08f". I read it is related to app notifications, but whenever I try to go to my app notification settings, the settings app freezes and crashes. I have tried stopping the service and restarting, but to no avail. I have run malware scans, system repair scans, settings troubleshooter refuses to open, and windows makes it impossible to wipe my outlook account from thi

:)

JESSE D. BURKS, May 27, 2024

2. Upon restart taskbar frozen until interacted with

Hi, first of all I have to make a clarification. Your first suggestion was to restart the Windows Explorer, but as I stated in the problem description, the taskbar is frozen only until I click on it or interact with it in some way. When I do that the screen flashes black and the whole Windows Explorer restarts itself and the taskbar works fine after that. Its just the very first time when I log-in the user, this problem happens. Interacting with the taskbar un-freezes it

Also, I had already tried sfc/scannow and the DISM but I repeated the scan and no issues were found. I also performed the Windows app repair as you instructed, and while I did get the red errors, the task finished and I restarted the PC, the issue persists.

I forgot to add in the main post the things that I have already tried doing:

• Run the PC in Safe mode with networking (issue still persists)
    • Disable all non-windows services and disable all the startup programs (upon restart, the issue still persists)
    • Unplugged all external drives along with my 2nd monitor, only leaving keyboard and mouse (the issue still persists)
    My current Windows version is 21H1 which I installed just today trying to fix this issue. Previous version was 20H2.

I created the other user (test) as you instructed and here is what I found:

- The issue persists either way, but the problem has in some instances worsened

- When I sign-out of my main user into the "test" user the taskbar is also frozen and the signing-in process takes longer time than needed

- The new issue is that after creating the new user, clicking or interacting with the taskbar restarts it like previously (desktop flashes) but this time the taskbar is still frozen. Clicking on it more just makes the Windows Explorer restart again and again and I cant seem to get the taskbar to un-freeze.

- When this happens, I changed the user and the other user might have the same new problem (clicking on taskbar, it restarts but is still frozen) , or other times just the old problem (clicking on taskbar, it restarts and the taskbar unfreezes)

SteveCharter, May 27, 2024
  3. Microsoft Moves Taskbar Options To Settings In Redstone

Microsoft Moves Taskbar Options To Settings In Redstone
    By Barry Richards -
    February 25, 2016

More specifically, Windows 10 build 14271, which is the latest version of the Redstone preview that we have to.
    It moves further towards the ultimate retirement of the Control Panel.

The desktop one, that is.

Classic as it is, the Settings app is where the action is at in Windows 10 — as more and more options are being moved to this universal application. Redstone has just taken it one step further, and if this trend holds, we could see a range of new options part of Settings by the time this update for the OS arrives.

As noted, the latest version that Microsoft released moves the taskbar configuration options from the desktop Control Panel to Settings.

Take another big step towards this change.

Read more at Source

Microsoft Moves Taskbar Options To Settings In Redstone - Windows 10 News and Updates

hTconeM9user, May 27, 2024
  4. Jose Est Win User

Microsoft is freezing and lagging whenever I interact with taskbar or some settings.

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, May 27, 2024
Thema:

Microsoft is freezing and lagging whenever I interact with taskbar or some settings.

1. Microsoft is freezing and lagging whenever I interact with taskbar or some settings. - Similar Threads - Microsoft freezing lagging

2. Microsoft is freezing and lagging whenever I interact with taskbar or some settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft is freezing and lagging whenever I interact with taskbar or some settings.: The issue seemed to arise when I first converted my local account to a microsoft account, where I started to get a program that consumed the majority of my CPU's memory "WpnUserService_bc08f Windows Push Notifications User Service_bc08f". I read it is related to app...
  3. Settings keeps crashing whenever I try to open taskbar settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings keeps crashing whenever I try to open taskbar settings: Whenever I go into taskbar settings, it crashes the settings application. For some reason, everything else works fine. I don't remember when it first happened, but I believe it first happened a few weeks ago. I searched online about the problem, and I tried everything I...
  4. Settings keeps crashing whenever I try to open taskbar settings

Settings keeps crashing whenever I try to open taskbar settings: Whenever I go into taskbar settings, it crashes the settings application. For some reason, everything else works fine. I don't remember when it first happened, but I believe it first happened a few weeks ago. I searched online about the problem, and I tried everything I...
  5. Settings keeps crashing whenever I try to open taskbar settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Whenever i go to activation in the settings app {windows11} it freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever i go to activation in the settings app {windows11} it freezes: i cant put in my activation key because of this, i have the latest version of windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-go-to-activation-in-the-settings-app/1d2c719a-8a24-42bc-b2cd-3aafe6437d34
  7. Whenever i go to activation in the settings app {windows11} it freezes

Whenever i go to activation in the settings app {windows11} it freezes: i cant put in my activation key because of this, i have the latest version of windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-go-to-activation-in-the-settings-app/1d2c719a-8a24-42bc-b2cd-3aafe6437d34
  8. whenever i click on a file on windows explorer, the app just freezes and i cant interact...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    whenever i click on a file on windows explorer, the app just freezes and i cant interact...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/i_get_zero_bitches [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/116565z/whenever_i_click_on_a_file_on_windows_explorer/
  9. I cannot interact with the application for some reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot interact with the application for some reason: So I have the game, battlefield 1. And it runs good but... I cannot do anything. I cannot click on it and interact with it in any way which is weird. I open it. Click it. Press f11 or alt+enter. NOTHING. The game is waiting to be interacted with it but I can just stare...
  10. PC Lags whenever I turn it on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Lags whenever I turn it on.: Hello everyone I hope all of you are having an amazing day, as the title says; my computer completely lags and starts making some static audio whenever I turn it on after shutting it down and it freaks me out. I've had this PC for almost a year now it was completely fine and...