Windows 10: Microsoft is getting things ready for Windows 10 Redstone 6 update

Discus and support Microsoft is getting things ready for Windows 10 Redstone 6 update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With Windows 10 Redstone 5 already close to entering the stabilization process, Microsoft has started developing new builds of Redstone 6 update (also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 24, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is getting things ready for Windows 10 Redstone 6 update

With Windows 10 Redstone 5 already close to entering the stabilization process, Microsoft has started developing new builds of Redstone 6 update (also known as 19H1). The biggest changes in Windows 10 will be introduced with Redstone 6 and the update is due in the spring of 2019.

Microsoft is following the same release pattern with Windows 10 Redstone 6 as it did with Redstone 4 last year. Microsoft has apparently started to compile the first ‘Redstone 6’ builds and it appears that the first Redstone 6 build will arrive for Insiders soon.

The company is now beginning to concentrate on Windows 10 Redstone 6 update, and according to Microsoft’s typical release schedule, it should land in April 2019. Windows 10 Build 18200 has been compiled internally for testing purposes and by thing looks of things, Windows insiders should be getting the very first build soon.

The first build will be shipped to insiders that are enrolled in the Skip Ahead ring and won’t come with any breaking changes. Microsoft today opened the Skip Ahead Ring and the Insiders can subscribe to this special build to start receiving the Windows 10 Redstone 6 builds before everyone else.

Microsoft says that the Skip Ahead Ring has very limited seats, and if you don’t join it now, you won’t be able to register in the coming days and weeks.

Join Skip Ahead Ring and start receiving Redstone 6 builds

• Open Settings.
    • Navigate Update & Security.
    • You’ll find the Windows Insider program on the left-hand pane.
    • Make sure you’ve registered for the Windows Insider program.
    • Select the “Skip ahead to the next Windows release” in the drop-down menu of “What kind of content would you like to receive?”

It is, however, worth noting that the Redstone 6 builds won’t show up on your PCs now. Microsoft will probably wait a few more weeks before pushing RS6 builds to the Skip Ahead ring.

The post Microsoft is getting things ready for Windows 10 Redstone 6 update appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 24, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Two major Windows 10 updates scheduled for 2017

Microsoft is getting things ready for Windows 10 Redstone 6 update windows-10-hp-stream-100566481-large.jpg

It may come as no surprise, but Microsoft won't release another major update for Windows 10 in 2016. The good news is you can expect two big updates to Microsoft’s latest operating system in 2017.

Microsoft let the information slip in a TechNet blog post published earlier in the week. “Windows 10, version 1607 is our third Windows 10 feature update released,” Microsoft said in the blog post. “Based on feedback from organizations moving to Windows 10, this will be our last feature update for 2016, with two additional feature updates expected in 2017.”

The blog post appears to confirm reports from the Windows rumor mill about the timing of the next two updates for Windows 10. The first update, dubbed Redstone 2, is expected to roll out in early 2017 with the second, Redstone 3, landing in the summer or early fall, similar to the timing of the recently released Anniversary Update (previously known as Redstone 1).

This schedule would put Microsoft back on a two updates per year schedule similar to the initial rollout of Windows 10, as Windows Central first pointed out. In 2015, Microsoft released Windows 10 (also known as Threshold) in July and then the November Update(dubbed Threshold 2) three months later.

This time around, Redstone 2 is expected to roll out in the spring and then Redstone 3 should hit about four to six months later.

The impact on you at home: Of the two updates, Redstone 2 looks to be the most interesting so far. Not necessarily because of the features, which are believed to be largely things that weren’t ready for the Anniversary Update. The big deal is that the early 2017 update is expected to roll out in concert with new hardware from Microsoft, asZDNet’s Mary Jo Foley first reported back in March.

Early builds of Redstone 2 are expected to roll out to Windows Insiders in the coming weeks.

Two major Windows 10 updates scheduled for 2017

P4-630, Jul 24, 2018
  3. Microsoft Steps Up Windows 10 Push with New Redstone Features

Microsoft Steps Up Windows 10 Push with New Redstone Features
    Partners encouraged to build devices that use Windows Ink

Microsoft is getting things ready for Windows 10 Redstone 6 update [​IMG]

Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/micro...medium=twitter

Cluster Head, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Microsoft is getting things ready for Windows 10 Redstone 6 update

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft is getting things ready for Windows 10 Redstone 6 update

1. Microsoft is getting things ready for Windows 10 Redstone 6 update - Similar Threads - Microsoft getting things

2. Windows 10 wont update and is stuck on getting things ready

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 wont update and is stuck on getting things ready: my laptop is moderate and has the specs to upgrade to the newest version of windows 10 but cantit cant update too 20h2, cant update it at allits stuck for monthsi tried toruble shooting with the buillt in trouble shooter, it detects the problem but isnt fixing itits currently...
  3. Windows 10 wont update and is stuck on getting things ready

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 wont update and is stuck on getting things ready: my laptop is moderate and has the specs to upgrade to the newest version of windows 10 but cantit cant update too 20h2, cant update it at allits stuck for monthsi tried toruble shooting with the buillt in trouble shooter, it detects the problem but isnt fixing itits currently...
  4. Windows 10 wont update and is stuck on getting things ready

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Window Update stuck in 'Getting Things Ready - 70%'

Window Update stuck in 'Getting Things Ready - 70%': Window Update stuck in 'Getting Things Ready - 70%' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-update-stuck-in-getting-things-ready-70/0ff9216b-e3a8-44bd-83fe-25a3d8ccdecd
  6. Updates stuck on getting things ready 0%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updates stuck on getting things ready 0%: I'm trying to update after reading about the whole malware thing. I'm still on 1809 and can't get my pc to update on it's own. Too stupid to figure out on my own. pls help submitted by /u/brueglasshues [link] [comments]...
  7. Reset PC ( getting things ready )

Reset PC ( getting things ready ): So I've been trying to reset my pc 3 times now and they all failed for some reason the third try it's taking a bit longer getting things ready. Do I just shut down and turn it back in again?....
  8. WINDOWS UPDATE- Stuck At "Getting things ready"

WINDOWS UPDATE- Stuck At "Getting things ready": My Windows Update program gets stuck at "getting things ready" process. I recently reset my laptop with Microsoft Defender to solve existing update problem, but new situation came up. Troubleshooter couldn't find problems, SFC and DISM indicated no problem, BITS is on, so I...
  9. Microsoft is internally testing Windows 10 Redstone 6 builds

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is internally testing Windows 10 Redstone 6 builds: Microsoft has already confirmed that the development of Windows 10 Redstone 5 update is in the final stage. Microsoft will soon start focusing on stabilization for Windows 10 Redstone 5 and it appears that the software giant is preparing Redstone 6 builds for the Skip Ahead...
  10. Stuck on - Getting a few things ready

Stuck on - Getting a few things ready: Hello, I am hoping I have come to the right place because I have been browsing through your forms and it looks like good feed back! I am having an issue with creating an ISO for windows 10. I have windows 10 already on this laptop; however when I was doing a reset on my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 getting things ready

2. windows 10 updates getting things ready

3. windows 10 update getting things ready 100%