Windows 10: Microsoft is listening to its customers and that’s excellent news

Discus and support Microsoft is listening to its customers and that’s excellent news in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is listening to its customers and that can only be a good thing for its business, its relationship with customers, and the company’s general... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Sumit Dhiman, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Microsoft is listening to its customers and that’s excellent news

Read more:http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsoft-is-listening-to-its-customers-and-thats-excellent-news

:)

Sumit Dhiman, Feb 14, 2016

2. own text tone lumia 800

Why oh why wont microsoft listen to there customers and whats the point in having a suggestion box for windows phone when they dont listen , 20660 people have asked about having own text tone ? Its like microsoft just sell the phone and then cant be bothered
    with it customers!!

paul drake, Feb 14, 2016
  3. WHY IS MICROSOFT TREATING ITS CUSTOMERS SO ABUSIVELY?

I am angry because WINDOWS errors have stolen many days from me. I have NOT changed any hardware. Now, after all this time of struggling with a non-working computer, Microsoft wants me to pay them for a license I cannot possibly afford, or to pay for support
    they had promised would be free.

WHY IS MICROSOFT TREATING ITS CUSTOMERS SO ABUSIVELY?

My installation of Windows 7 (which was expensive) was still new when it was ripped out from under me. I am recovering from a brain injury, and I NEED the software I use to accommodate serious memory problems. Every time Windows glitches I am set back months,
    but rather than EVER fixing the problems I have had since the unauthorized "upgrade" that took away most of my ability to use my computer, and putting up with SIX REINSTALLATIONS, and finally being told I could not go back to Windows 7, EVENTUALLY, Microsoft
    told me I will have to PAY to fix THEIR CRAP (I am almost 60, and this is the first time I have used that word since I was in Junior High--That's how upset I am with Microsoft's treatment of its customers. They are criminally negligent, they clearly are in
    violation of the Americans with Disabilities act, and they have easily STOLEN $50,000 of value from me since one year ago. I am on a fixed income. I cannot afford to pay for tech support so that I can have back my suite of programs that WERE enabling me to
    function. My health is FAILING because of MICROSOFT. I want revenge (but I would settle for a computer that just works, like I had before Microsoft destroyed my life.

dwlloyd810, Feb 14, 2016
  4. Leopard Win User

Microsoft is listening to its customers and that’s excellent news

Microsoft is listening to their Enterprise customers. They have a lot more leverage when it comes to influencing MS. There have been no MS decisions reversed on W10 (re: the most controversial ones sited in the article), just a compromise here and there. Insiders provided a lot of feedback to MS and polls have indicated that MS did not listen to them as well as they should have. Listening, but not hearing is the bane of many large corporations. PR statements primarily target mainstream media not the average Joe. MS Marketing drives sales and deals. Then there is MS Customer Support - the pit of despair. What does the boardroom hear?

Leopard, Feb 14, 2016
  5. DMGrier Win User
    This honestly has not come as a surprise to me, I kind of have felt this way since Windows 8. Windows 8 launched with a lot of usability problems and it seemed like every complaint online over Windows 8 (other then a traditional start button) was fixed in Windows 8.1.

One thing they introduced in 10 that was nice is the Windows Insider Program which gave the people a voice directly to MS, something I believe was one of their best ideas. When you look at a benefit to open source software you are able to view a majority of the mailing list and even join the mailing list to try and be heard. This does not mean that you will be heard but you sure do feel better just like in the new program Microsoft is doing, if enough people talk about one area then your complaint may be considered.

Good job MS for stepping up to a new way of developing proprietary software for your consumers.

DMGrier, Feb 14, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    How will that benefit "non-business" users ?

davidhk, Feb 14, 2016
  7. DMGrier Win User
    What do you mean, skimmed through the article again and I am not seeing it talk about the enterprise desktop at all. They are strictly talking about to the end users with working on better communicating the updates and mention of the Windows Insider Program.

Personally I think Microsoft can only do so much, just like anything it is up to the person to research what is going on with there system if they care to know the changes. For those who do not care then the article is irrelevant.

DMGrier, Feb 14, 2016
  8. Microsoft is listening to its customers and that’s excellent news

They try to force the Windows 10 upgrade on Windows 7 & 8 it happened to me two times already, but I am now sticking to it. They've won!

XXHeronikXX, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft is listening to its customers and that’s excellent news

1. Microsoft is listening to its customers and that’s excellent news - Similar Threads - Microsoft listening customers

2. Customize the news in the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customize the news in the taskbar?: How much can you customize the news in the taskbar? When you click on or hover over the weather summary in the taskbar, a news box pops up. These are news sources that Microsoft his picked. Can I choose my own news sources? I’m seeing news about Trump on an almost daily basis...
  3. Customize the news in the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customize the news in the taskbar?: How much can you customize the news in the taskbar? When you click on or hover over the weather summary in the taskbar, a news box pops up. These are news sources that Microsoft his picked. Can I choose my own news sources? I’m seeing news about Trump on an almost daily basis...
  4. Customize the news in the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. News Bar Customization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News Bar Customization: I recently installed the MS News Bar beta from the microsoft.com. It works well scrolling news and a couple stock tickets. That being said, I downloaded it because I was under the impression that the content on the News Bar was customizable. What I'd really like to be able to...
  6. News Bar Customization

News Bar Customization: I recently installed the MS News Bar beta from the microsoft.com. It works well scrolling news and a couple stock tickets. That being said, I downloaded it because I was under the impression that the content on the News Bar was customizable. What I'd really like to be able to...
  7. News Bar Customization

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Customized alert sound for Microsoft News

Customized alert sound for Microsoft News: Does anyone know how to set up a customized alert sound for Microsoft News on PC? I was able to set up a customized alert on my Lumia 950 XL as well as my Samsung Galaxy S10 P. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with the default sound on my PC and it's the same alert for Cortana and...
  9. Microsoft needs to start providing customer service and listen to what users are saying

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft needs to start providing customer service and listen to what users are saying: I am so sick of nonstop problems with windows 10. I always preferred windows because they gave me a lot more options and I was able to figure out how to use it the way I needed to. Their attempts to make windows more "user friendly" are driving me towards apple/mac for my...
  10. Mail - Microsoft was listening

in Browsers and Email
    Mail - Microsoft was listening: I am impressed. I and others posted threads complaining about the fact that Live Mail took forever to open attachments such as PDF's and photos. I had already switched to Thunderbird. Well, an update some time within the last 24 hours fixed the bug beautifully. This morning I...