Windows 10: Microsoft is looking a lot like Apple and Nadella like...

Discus and support Microsoft is looking a lot like Apple and Nadella like... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Last week, Microsoft CEO said what Windows fans haven't wanted to admit: The fact that a billion-and-a-half users use Windows is incredible. And we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jan 26, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Microsoft is looking a lot like Apple and Nadella like...

Source

labeeman, Jan 26, 2015

2. Sounds good but will it actually happen? I'm not holding my breath.

:)

Lady Fitzgerald, Jan 26, 2015
  3. KimTroboy Win User
    Windows 10: Icons and cursor problem

I can't imagine an Apple user ever having to do something this technical. Please note Mr. Nadella's new direction. I hope Microsoft software engineers can make that happen, but as long as the user has to do something like this, Microsoft will continue
    to lose support in the marketplace to other vendors.

KimTroboy, Jan 26, 2015
  4. Brianngai Win User

MS Surface Phone

Not sure what happened to the MS mobile team? Mobile is indispensable in everyone life and giving up the mobile market is not good for market strategy for a company like MS.

I would like to invite
    Satya Nadella
    to say something about the future development of windows phone. This is an ethical responsibility to the MS customers at large.

I'm one of the windows 10 insiders from desktop to my 950XL phone, I'm looking forward to see MS teams to keep developing new products to improve our lives. Competitions to Google and Apple are good things to see by all the customers.

Can somebody in MS say something? Thanks.

Brianngai, Jan 26, 2015
  5. I call bullocks on that. mac sales might be up, but it's a starfish in a sea of whales. mac sales occur because they don't last that long and become unsupported by apple after so long. A macbook from 2008 might be able to run Yosemite, earlier you're probably out of luck. On the Windows PC side, people can still run modern Windows versions on a Pentium 4 based system from 10 years ago usually just fine. I was reading an article about a Windows convert to mac and they started saying they were tech oriented and their bit about mac maintenance is as easy as setting up an appointment at your local apple store; whereas dealing with Dell in figuring out an issue with a charger was too much of a hassle... I just love those stories because it's ALWAYS someone coming from the dirt cheap, scummy PC brands to a mac and claiming they've been touched by the hand of God.
    *Doh

The whole ipad being picked up as the most adopted technology ever, that's still yet to be declared as ipad sales aren't that great compared to iphone sales. They do sell a lot, but not iphone proportions and not like Windows 8.1's marketshare.

But I wholly agree that Microsoft has abused Windows. It took Windows 8 to literally put them back on track because before that, no one would have picked apart Windows in every aspect and category against competing platforms such as the UI to the UX to features to hardware. Say what you want about Windows 8, but it did reinvigorate Microsoft (although in reality, Windows Phone takes that claim I find). Ever since the Nokia take over and release of Windows Phone 8.1, it's been all ios and android first and best, Windows all the way last and mediocre. It's not a good sign when the company that makes the platform doesn't put all their efforts first and foremost behind Windows. How does one expect to really cherish Windows when the maker doesn't care that much for it?

Maybe Windows 10 will change that, but from what I can tell, it already is. I think the fact that people can get the latest Windows for FREE, that's probably going to change expectations. That's huge right there.

Coke Robot, Jan 26, 2015
  6. adamf Win User
    It is a lie. You click on the link a get a jolly fat white guy (who may like a mac) then you click on the next link and get a golly skinny indian guy with EXACTLY the same name (who may like a mac)

I bought a macbook pro recently with out any help.

I just gave them the money - it wasn't that hard really.

adamf, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft is looking a lot like Apple and Nadella like... - Similar Threads - Microsoft looking lot

2. Why did you make Windows 11 look like Apple's desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did you make Windows 11 look like Apple's desktop: If we wanted to use a desktop that looked like Apple's desktop we would have bought an Apple computer. What was the idea behind the design? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-you-make-windows-11-look-like-apples/24c2ce65-bf68-42a2-a12b-25040c353224
  3. Why did you make Windows 11 look like Apple's desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did you make Windows 11 look like Apple's desktop: If we wanted to use a desktop that looked like Apple's desktop we would have bought an Apple computer. What was the idea behind the design? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-you-make-windows-11-look-like-apples/24c2ce65-bf68-42a2-a12b-25040c353224
  4. Circle looks like hexagon?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Circle looks like hexagon?: When my computer displays a circle on my monitor, the circle is not smooth, it looks more like a hexagon, why is that? This only happened after i turned on/off the "High Contrast Setting" in settings app....
  5. What does your Default Apps looks like? Mine looks like this.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does your Default Apps looks like? Mine looks like this.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jolenebecomesreal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mo18k9/what_does_your_default_apps_looks_like_mine_looks/
  6. Why is this looking like this?

Why is this looking like this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ArchMD96 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhf4nm/why_is_this_looking_like_this/
  7. Is there a Windows 10 layout that looks like Apple?

Is there a Windows 10 layout that looks like Apple?: I have a few windows 10 machines as well as Apple Mac computers. Can I get a layout that turns windows 10 into the look of Apple? submitted by /u/87d112 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/glypb4/is_there_a_windows_10_layout_that_looks_like_apple/
  8. What will microsoft windows 11 look like?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What will microsoft windows 11 look like?: Hello i am windows microsoft help but i dont know everything so here is my question How will win. 11 look like? ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- well i...
  9. Malware warning looking like it is from Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware warning looking like it is from Microsoft: I just stopped a Chrome offer of a free iPhone offer when I discovered the sender was from Singapore. Minuted after, a warning popped up from 0fficial.online which said Immediate action required. A trojan horse e.tre456_worm_Windows was installed, and to click ok to begin the...
  10. Does microsoft like to look like fools?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does microsoft like to look like fools?: With as many bugs in updates or Windows to begin with, it's no surprise to me that people are rolling back their OS or just going to Linux. Is microsoft happy with this?...