Windows 10: Microsoft is Reworking the Photos App in Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft is Reworking the Photos App in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 users on the Windows Insider Fast ring can take an early peek at a visual reworking of the Photos app which ditches the hamburger menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft is Reworking the Photos App in Windows 10

Read more: Microsoft is Reworking the Photos App in Windows 10 - Thurrott.com

UPDATE: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14942 for PC on Fast ring

Brink, Oct 5, 2016

2. I hope they fix the live tile. A user cannot control what pics it shows here and much of the time the picture just stops necessitating switching live tile off and on again

:)

Scottyboy99, Oct 5, 2016
  3. SIYUANXU Win User
    Epson easy photo print doesn't open after installing November update

I am totally agree with you about 1709 needs serous rework. BTW, my printer otherwise works ok. It prints with MS' own photo app. It scans. However EPSON's own photo printing software (EPSON Easy Photo Print v2.70)just not working. It worked flawlessly
    on earlier Windows 10 though.

SIYUANXU, Oct 5, 2016
  4. Microsoft is Reworking the Photos App in Windows 10

Smittychat., Oct 5, 2016
  5. Hmm, I'm thinking that could end up being embarrassing for some users. *Eek

I never use that App and unpin it.

alphanumeric, Oct 6, 2016
  6. Windows 10 Mobile public release already has the tab-based navigation in Photos and it works without any problems (on my Lumia 950 XL) so its surprising that Windows 10 doesn't have it yet - it's usually Mobile that gets changes last.
    The 'old' hamburger style does not give me any problems on my PC or tablette but I prefer the tab navigation.
    I like the picture changing and not being a fixed set - that way I see photos that I had forgotten!

RangeRover3, Oct 18, 2016
  7. GAS
    Gas Win User
    I like the App, it's great and very fast as a viewer for RAW pictures, but the current release is not color space aware ( as it is the old photo viewer) and it shows photos assuming they are in sRGB color space and it does oversaturate when watching photos with a wide gamut capable monitor, I hope they will correct this issue.

8. linw Win User

BUT, where is the facility to add captions??? Can't believe that this isn't catered for.

linw, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft is Reworking the Photos App in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Reworking Photos

2. Windows 10 Microsoft Photos App is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Microsoft Photos App is not working.: I'm using Windows 10 and the Photos App is not working on my computer. The error message it is giving me is that the app didn't start and I have tried several potential solutions which didn't work. The solutions I have tried are rebooting the computer, repairing the photos...
  3. Windows 10 Microsoft Photos App is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Microsoft Photos App is not working.: I'm using Windows 10 and the Photos App is not working on my computer. The error message it is giving me is that the app didn't start and I have tried several potential solutions which didn't work. The solutions I have tried are rebooting the computer, repairing the photos...
  4. microsoft photo app in windows 10

microsoft photo app in windows 10: recently i have been having to repair and reset microsoft photo app - almost on a daily basis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photo-app-in-windows-10/b9f569da-857f-4b38-8bce-17ab948c6a5c
  5. Windows 10 - Microsoft Photos App

Windows 10 - Microsoft Photos App: I've been having a problem for a while and hoped the recent update would fix it, but it hasn't When I use the next button or even my mouse to see the next image it just jumps to a random image and never in the correct order. In the past I've been able to repair the app...
  6. microsoft windows 10 photos app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    microsoft windows 10 photos app: My photos app used to always default when I wanted to attach/send/add files to documents/emails/ebay listings, etc. Now when Im working on a document, etc and want to include a photo from my photos my computer defaults to my files. How can I go directly into my photos(where...
  7. Microsoft Windows 10 Photos App and Photostitching

Microsoft Windows 10 Photos App and Photostitching: Greetings, Which photo stitching apps work effectively with the Microsoft Windows 10 Photos App? I am running a Dell XPS 8900 desktop computer with Windows 10 Home version 10.0.17134 (build 17134), system type is x64, with a i7-6700CPU @ 4.00GHz processor, and Bios v 2.2.1...
  8. Microsoft windows 10 photo app.

Microsoft windows 10 photo app.: I would like to use the music called "Sundays" in Microsoft windows 10 photo app. Where can I get a copy of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-10-photo-app/99343871-eac3-46bf-bb76-fc4fd336f429
  9. Microsofts Windows 10 Photo app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsofts Windows 10 Photo app: Hi My Microsofts Windows 10 Photo app won't let me use my touchpad to select items, does anyone know how to fix it? I'm currently using the tab button to move around....
  10. Huge news: Windows 10 can run reworked Android and iOS apps

in Windows 10 News
    Huge news: Windows 10 can run reworked Android and iOS apps: After months of rumors, Microsoft is revealing its plans to get mobile apps on Windows 10 today. While the company has been investigating emulating Android apps, it has settled on a different solution, or set of solutions, that will allow developers to bring their existing...