Windows 10: Microsoft is updating old Skype app on Windows with new interface

Discus and support Microsoft is updating old Skype app on Windows with new interface in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft recently announced a major update for Skype UWP app on Windows 10, bringing new features and refinements. Microsoft today in a blog post... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 16, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is updating old Skype app on Windows with new interface

Microsoft recently announced a major update for Skype UWP app on Windows 10, bringing new features and refinements. Microsoft today in a blog post announced that the old classic Skype is also receiving a new update with similar changes and improved interface.

If you’re still using the classic Skype desktop app on your Windows PC, you might want to grab this update as it brings a new interface. It is, however, worth noting that the older version of Skype will stop working on Windows devices.

Today, Microsoft is rolling out the new version of Skype (v8) to all desktop users, and the older versions will no longer work after September 1.

“We are encouraging everyone to upgrade now to avoid any inconvenience as only Skype version 8.0 will work after September 1, 2018,” Microsoft explains in a blog post.

This new version of Skype for Windows 10 comes with several new features such as reactions to messages, new Chat media gallery and other changes will arrive in the near future. While most of the changes will improve the user experience, unfortunately, the modern version has dropped support for legacy features. For example, you won’t be able to open conversations in separate windows.

The post Microsoft is updating old Skype app on Windows with new interface appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 16, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

New Skype app update for Windows 10 Insiders

Download: Skype app in Microsoft Store

Microsoft is updating old Skype app on Windows with new interface [​IMG]
    Tip How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10

Brink, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Drone Win User
    Windows 10 and Skype

And not only that but also:

Windows 10 Anniversary Update will double the number of Start menu ads/promoted apps

Sure, all that stuff can be uninstalled but then again who needs more crapware

edit: without that W10 clean installation could've been much faster just like on ltsb version

clean out-of-box start menu on W10 ltsb

Microsoft is updating old Skype app on Windows with new interface windows-10-start-menu.png

Drone, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Insider Preview App Update - Skype App version 11.13

Source: Feedback Hub

Microsoft is updating old Skype app on Windows with new interface [​IMG]
    Tip How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10

Brink, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft is updating old Skype app on Windows with new interface - Similar Threads - Microsoft updating old

2. New Skype Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Skype Update: There was a new update earlier and my computer automatically download it. I always use video call with the computer camera, and it always let me use it before todays update. Now that i havet his update, it says that the camera isnt available like it doesnt recognize it. Is...
  3. Old Skype conversations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old Skype conversations: Hello, I would like to look at some old Skype conversations, on account that I haven't used in 5+ years, but when I log in, there are no conversations and no contacts. I logged in with the same credentials as years back. Any idea what the problem is?...
  4. Microsoft is working on a new update for Skype for Windows with focus on status feature

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is working on a new update for Skype for Windows with focus on status feature: Microsoft has been working on introducing new features to its Skype app for users on all platforms. The new features are based on the feedback provided by Skype users. Last month Microsoft announced that they are simplifying the messaging experience in Skype and earlier this...
  5. Hate the new user interface for microsoft windows!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hate the new user interface for microsoft windows!: I Loathe the new user interface in Microsoft, along with the windows updates. I have created a face book group for people to join and we can discuss how we all loathe what the head guy of windows "joe Belfiore" is doing to windows! The face book group is called consumers...
  6. Microsoft Store on Windows 10 updated with new interface and remote app installs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Store on Windows 10 updated with new interface and remote app installs: Microsoft is rolling out a server update for the Microsoft Store in Windows 10 and the new interface is available for everyone. The latest update brings some UI changes to apps and games product page. Microsoft has tweaked the product page for PCs and the interface looks...
  7. New update for SKYPE

New update for SKYPE: Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I just found out that a new update for Skype is released. Version is 7.17.0.104 if anyone is interested. 33907
  8. Skype Update: What's New...???

Skype Update: What's New...???: Hi, I updated Skype a few days ago and I just installed the new "Windows 10 Creator's Update" which took a long time to install. However, today Skype says this: "You already have the latest version of Skype installed. The new version of Skype has all the great...
  9. New in the latest update to Skype on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New in the latest update to Skype on Windows 10: Today, we’re excited to roll out an update to the Skype app on Windows 10 which makes it easier for you to stay in touch with friends from your Windows 10 devices. With the new update, you can easily share your files to Skype, react to messages, and get to your calls and...
  10. Microsoft Is Updating Paint With New Features And Refreshed Interface

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Is Updating Paint With New Features And Refreshed Interface: The Paint app that ships with Windows is nearly as old as Windows itself and thanks to the leak of a new video, Microsoft is about to give the app its largest update in its history. As you can see from the video below, the user interface is being updated and there will be new...