Windows 10: Microsoft just killed my computer and speakers.

Discus and support Microsoft just killed my computer and speakers. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After a bunch of annoying messages of "Important update" I decided to finally do it. So in tye morning i got up and let windows update. It took 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DonatasKirda, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Microsoft just killed my computer and speakers.

After a bunch of annoying messages of "Important update" I decided to finally do it. So in tye morning i got up and let windows update.

It took 2 hours, but it was done. Before being greeted the new Agree / Disagree on information collection screen my speakers played a high pitched sound + low rumble at maximum volume (My speakers don't have volume control in them). This broke my speakers and now it's like a glitchy effect was applied on every sound the speakers emmit.

I decided to turn them off for now and try to fix that later. After some time my PC was ready to be used, except My speakers were still making those sounds. I looked at audio devices and half of my audio devices were there, but unusable, unconnectable, uncontrollable.

I went on with the thought that maybe windows just booted up weirdly. So I restarted. And what do I see? BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO !

This was not my first time seing that blue screen, so I tried using old solitions that always worked. Except... They didn't work this time. Nothing worked! Even the "collecting info, we'll restart for you" would restart my machine, but it wouldn't boot up.

Right now I'm stuck and cant do anything.

If anyone else has come across this then please, tell me.

:)

DonatasKirda, Jul 30, 2018
  2. jds63 Win User

Most Recent Windows 10 Update Killed Sound

What kind of speakers do you use and meaning it killed your speakers ? Maybe speaker connection is an issue, but most likely something with sound device settings or drivers. What exact steps have you tried. Anyone of filling in system specs here or listing them as it helps us more to help you.

jds63, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    speakers

Hi Charlie,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be one of the possible causes why your speakers are not working properly. To efficiently assists you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Have you tried connecting your speakers to another computer and check if the issue still persists?
    • Have you tried using other speakers and check if the issue still persists?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot sound problems.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 30, 2018
  4. cadaveca Win User

Microsoft just killed my computer and speakers.

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Microsoft just killed my computer and speakers. :p

cadaveca, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft just killed my computer and speakers.

1. Microsoft just killed my computer and speakers. - Similar Threads - Microsoft killed computer

2. Teams killed my sound speakers and microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Teams killed my sound speakers and microphone: After installing Teams my speakers and microphone stopped working.Re-installing the Realtek drivers has not cured the problem.Diagnostics say I have no sound. I knew that.Before Teams, it was fine....
  3. Teams killed my sound speakers and microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Teams killed my sound speakers and microphone: After installing Teams my speakers and microphone stopped working.Re-installing the Realtek drivers has not cured the problem.Diagnostics say I have no sound. I knew that.Before Teams, it was fine....
  4. Update to windows ten killed my speaker and battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update to windows ten killed my speaker and battery: updated windows and both my speaker and batteries were killed ...and you have given me NO HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-windows-ten-killed-my-speaker-and/e90ae443-1e87-4842-94df-c3dd059af254
  5. Windows update KILLED my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update KILLED my computer: Hello, Latests windows update killed my HP laptop. I have tried several suggested solutions from HP support, including BIOS reset, however I cannot get past the HP logo screen. ONCE it allowed me to get to BIOS screen, however BIOS reset never completed. Currently...
  6. Windows 10 is killing my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 is killing my computer: I have never had as many issues with my laptop as I'm having right now. What the hell can I do to fix it? It's slowed down unbelievably and everything takes about 5 minutes to open. This happened after the last update cycle which failed to work on my computer and I'm at a...
  7. Am I killing my computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Am I killing my computer?: I've noticed my laptop getting pretty hot when I play games. I downloaded open hardware monitor to look at the temperatures, and all of my CPU (intel i7 8750h) cores are constantly hovering 2-5 degrees below what is considered "maximum" (about 90 celcius on each core)....
  8. Windows update kills my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update kills my computer: I am trying - desperately -to get my computer to stop windows 10 updates. Every time it updates, I get into an "automatic repair" "can't repair" loop. chkdsk says there's nothing wrong. Restore to a previous version doesn't work. So I have to re-install and wipe...
  9. Update killed my computer!

Update killed my computer!: So after one of your wonderful Windows updates on my Asus Zenbook Flip, it went to a blue screen and said it had to restart. The laptop shut down and now it's completely dead...no lights, no charging, no nothing. What the heck did you do Microsoft...this is my lifeline for...
  10. KB3124262 kills my computer...

KB3124262 kills my computer...: First of, my apologies if the names of things are incorrect - I'm running windows in Danish, and I'm not always sure of the names for the different things in the english version. But, here goes; After installing KB3124262 (the cumulative update, released this wednesday or...