Windows 10: Microsoft keeps downgrading my video drivers

Discus and support Microsoft keeps downgrading my video drivers in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am very annoyed now! it has been going on for about 3 months now. I have AMD Beta Drivers installed and every time Microsoft thinks that they have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by xdarkmario, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Microsoft keeps downgrading my video drivers

I am very annoyed now! it has been going on for about 3 months now.
    I have AMD Beta Drivers installed and every time Microsoft thinks that they have a better driver for my computer and all they do is install the latest Normal Non beta drivers! Very frustrating! i don't want Microsoft touching my Video Card Drivers! and Windows 10 Pro is missing the option to Hide updates.
    I cant find a way to keep my drivers. the only way i can possible think of is to spoof my beta drivers date to like 2099 or something.

:)

xdarkmario, Jul 4, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Microsoft keeps downgrading my video drivers

Actually, I did this months ago and have not had an update to my nVidia Quadro 4000m since, while everyone else is screaming at Microsoft for bricking their systems with nVidia Cards on Community . . .

DaveM121, Jul 4, 2015
  3. Microsoft keeps downgrading my video drivers

Its alrdy No =/

MonibAhmad, Jul 4, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Need to email AMD and send feedback to Microsoft. The Email will inform AMD and maybe they'll pressure Microsoft.

If you write well, you could post a prewritten Email for other users here, and the address.

Cliff S, Jul 4, 2015
  5. im not in the insider program, they wont listen to me, but i heard that windows 10 Pro users can stop updates and i have a option on to differ updates but they still mess with video card drivers

xdarkmario, Jul 6, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Mystere has mentioned that it could be (for the preview only) that the user wish to not download drivers is ignored.
    Microsoft keeps downgrading my video drivers [​IMG]

Microsoft keeps downgrading my video drivers [​IMG]

Like I've had Win10 set to download updates over metered connections, but it refuses to, and I found out from Microsoft it's only for the preview.

Cliff S, Jul 6, 2015
  7. What I read recently is that Pro users have the option to DEFER updates -- but not indefinitely. So basically, even Pro users can't prevent updates.

Mark Phelps, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft keeps downgrading my video drivers - Similar Threads - Microsoft keeps downgrading

2. Windows Update keeps downgrading my notebook firmware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update keeps downgrading my notebook firmware: Windows update keeps downgrading the firmware of my Dell Inspiron 5406 2n1 from 1.20.3 to a buggy 0.1.20.3 maybe a name problem, since the end is the same.I tried to hidde this "update" using several tools including the Show or Hide Updates troubleshooter from Microsoft, but...
  3. Windows Update keeps downgrading my notebook firmware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update keeps downgrading my notebook firmware: Windows update keeps downgrading the firmware of my Dell Inspiron 5406 2n1 from 1.20.3 to a buggy 0.1.20.3 maybe a name problem, since the end is the same.I tried to hidde this "update" using several tools including the Show or Hide Updates troubleshooter from Microsoft, but...
  4. My pc keeps freezing and my video drivers keep crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps freezing and my video drivers keep crashing: So my pc recently started freezing on about every app i opened, it would just freeze, sometimes it restared itself and sometimes the program would crash after about a minute. Today i tried just about everything i could think of, I reinstalled my gpu, RAM. I did chkdsk on my...
  5. My pc keeps freezing and my video drivers keep crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc keeps freezing and my video drivers keep crashing: So my pc recently started freezing on about every app i opened, it would just freeze, sometimes it restared itself and sometimes the program would crash after about a minute. Today i tried just about everything i could think of, I reinstalled my gpu, RAM. I did chkdsk on my...
  6. My pc keeps freezing and my video drivers keep crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows downgrades Intel drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows downgrades Intel drivers: So I can install my Intel 30.0.100.9805 latest drivers for my Intel UHD graphics 630 but then Windows update installs the 27.20.100.9415 3-4 versions behind and I don't know why. If anyone can help me that would be great and if you need any logs I can try to provide them...
  8. Windows keeps downgrading my Realtek HD Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows keeps downgrading my Realtek HD Audio Driver: it seemed i've had this concern that realtek keeps installing a driver from over 3 months ago and i've tried to stop it from installing but it keeps coming back 124768
  9. Downgrading Windows 10 & keeping it from changing my drivers

in Windows 10 Support
    Downgrading Windows 10 & keeping it from changing my drivers: I upgraded to Windows 10 when it was free. My laptop did fine but with subsequent upgrades the performance is very slow. Is there a way I can go back to the original Windows 10 & stay there with no further upgrades? Also how can I stop Windows 10 from changing my drivers that...
  10. Windows 10 keeps downgrading my AMD drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 keeps downgrading my AMD drivers: Hello. I have tried to install the latest BETA drivers (17.5.1) from AMD for my RX 480 video card but every time I install them, windows removes them and installs 17.1.1. I have tried literally everything from disabling driver updates in windows to using the registry...