Windows 10: microsoft keyboard will not turn off screensaver unless I unplug usb

Discus and support microsoft keyboard will not turn off screensaver unless I unplug usb in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Screensaver is on. I touch a button on the keyboard and nothing happens. If I unplug the USB radio and replace it, then it works. 95800 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ironfist, Oct 17, 2017.

1. ironfist Win User

microsoft keyboard will not turn off screensaver unless I unplug usb

Screensaver is on. I touch a button on the keyboard and nothing happens. If I unplug the USB radio and replace it, then it works.

:)

ironfist, Oct 17, 2017

2. HP Slim Desktop 260-P026, suddenly my wired keyboard, wired mouse, and all usb ports stopped working all at the same time.

HP Slim Desktop 260-P026, suddenly my wired keyboard, wired mouse, and all usb ports stopped working all at the same time. I have turned off power, unplugged, rebooted, and the Microsoft sign in screen displaying the correct time and date always comes
    up. I can't sign in because the wired keyboard, wired mouse and usb ports are not responding at all. I've tried another wired keyboard and wired mouse in all the usb ports with no success. I can't turn the PC off unless I unplug it. When I plug it back in
    I don't get a screen telling me Windows shut down improperly, instead it goes straight to the Microsoft sign in screen, but I can't use anything to sign in. Telepathy has also failed.

AlanRoberts3, Oct 17, 2017
  3. usb keyboard and mouse not working, unless unplug and plug it back

Hi,

Thank you for updating with a status. Appreciate you effort.

I would like to inform you that, if there no updated drivers available on the computer manufacturer’s website, then trying installing it in Windows 7 or Windows 8 compatibility mode.
    Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
    ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
    ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 7 or 8 Operating System from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 17, 2017
  4. microsoft keyboard will not turn off screensaver unless I unplug usb

Hi ironfist.

Please fill in System Specs, include Windows 10 version and build number at

System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

So I take it this is a wireless keyboard. Have you checked manufacturer for correct driver? In device manager, on this keyboard, right click, properties, power management tab, uncheck "Allow computer to turn off" and ensure check mark is in "Allow this device to wake up computer"

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 18, 2017
Thema:

microsoft keyboard will not turn off screensaver unless I unplug usb

1. microsoft keyboard will not turn off screensaver unless I unplug usb - Similar Threads - microsoft keyboard turn

2. Laptop turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turns off when unplugged: i have a toshiba satellite c855-s5350 and when i unplug it it turns off when i click on the battery it says 100%, any fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-turns-off-when-unplugged/a765a703-f084-423c-a74c-3b25dae940ee
  3. Laptop turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop turns off when unplugged: i have a toshiba satellite c855-s5350 and when i unplug it it turns off when i click on the battery it says 100%, any fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-turns-off-when-unplugged/a765a703-f084-423c-a74c-3b25dae940ee
  4. Laptop turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Screensaver keeps turning itself off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver keeps turning itself off.: I don't like having to turn off my monitor. My screensaver is turning off for some reason. Can I get some help? Windows version 10 pro version 1903 OS build 18362.959 160954
  6. computer on all the time unless I turn it off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer on all the time unless I turn it off: I want to keep my computer on all the time unless I turn it off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-on-all-the-time-unless-i-turn-it-off/cf21f96e-a23a-4039-89c9-52514dbb423f
  7. Screensaver keeps turning itself off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screensaver keeps turning itself off.: I don't like having to turn off my monitor. My screensaver is turning off for some reason. Can I get some help? Windows version 10 pro version 1903 OS build 18362.959 160954
  8. Laptop won't start if unplugged, turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop won't start if unplugged, turns off when unplugged: submitted by /u/Jcrm87 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gp127e/laptop_wont_start_if_unplugged_turns_off_when/
  9. Turning off screensaver for specific program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning off screensaver for specific program: I play Anno 1800 and when i leave my computer for a while my screensaver turns on and that causes my game to crash. Is there any way to turn off screensaver only when i play that game or do i have to turn it off completely and when i finish playing turn it on again?...
  10. my computer will not power off unless i turn it off on the tower

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer will not power off unless i turn it off on the tower: my computer will not power of I have to use the on off button on the tower its running windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-will-not-power-off-unless-i-turn-it/af12ef84-7857-4d35-93ba-0440eaa83476