Windows 10: Microsoft Live Account - Can't register

Discus and support Microsoft Live Account - Can't register in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am trying to set up a Microsoft account to access Cortana, but MS keep on rejecting my password because of unacceptable characters. The password I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by CliveR, Aug 3, 2016.

1. CliveR Win User

Microsoft Live Account - Can't register

I am trying to set up a Microsoft account to access Cortana, but MS keep on rejecting my password because of unacceptable characters. The password I want to use (I will change it) is Wacfr0[Live0] - it has at least 2 upper case characters, at least 2 lower case characters, at least 2 numerals, and at least 2 special characters, is more than 8 characters long, and is less than 16 characters long. According to Microsoft, the square brackets are permissible special characters. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with the password? Banging head on wall time.

:)

CliveR, Aug 3, 2016

2. Deactivated Live account

Phone account was activated, then added another Live account. The Live account I registered the phone with is now decativated. How do I get my old account back or reregister the phone with my current Live account. Currently I am unable to download and
    install APPs for the phone, because I can't log into the old Windows Live account.

Kansas Kidd, Aug 3, 2016
  3. Maella R. Win User
    Phone Apps

Hello CarolynIsaacson,

Thanks for your contribution to the forum.

I understand the application nokia navigation is asking you to login with your Microsoft account, live account?

Please, on your Windows Phone, go to Settings>email and account> and tell me if it's the Live address or the Gmail address registered under Microsoft account.

You can try resetting the password of the Live account if you can't remember it:

Reset your password

Recover your account

Please follow the instructions of these two links above one after the other in the right order.

Best regards,

Maella R., Aug 3, 2016
Thema:

Microsoft Live Account - Can't register

1. Microsoft Live Account - Can't register - Similar Threads - Microsoft Live Account

2. can't register my laptop in ms account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can't register my laptop in ms account: I have a YOGA laptop I purchased new from Bestbuy. I have never been able to register it as a device. When I try to register, the registration form states that the serial number is not recognized. OTHER 2 computers registered just fine some time ago....
  3. can't register my laptop in ms account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't register my laptop in ms account: I have a YOGA laptop I purchased new from Bestbuy. I have never been able to register it as a device. When I try to register, the registration form states that the serial number is not recognized. OTHER 2 computers registered just fine some time ago....
  4. can't register my laptop in ms account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Register device with Microsoft account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Register device with Microsoft account.: Is there any benefit to registering my desktop PC as a device in my Microsoft account? Is there any way to do this without creating a Microsoft account on the local PC? 175892
  6. Register device with Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Register device with Microsoft account.: Is there any benefit to registering my desktop PC as a device in my Microsoft account? Is there any way to do this without creating a Microsoft account on the local PC? 175892
  7. Registering Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Registering Microsoft Account: This has to be a common problem. I am setting up a new computer with Microsoft. I do not live in the U.S. but my official address is in the States. That includes what I use for my U.S. bank account. I entered all billing info correctly. e.g. credit card #, etc. My credit...
  8. Can't sign in to microsoft account on microsoft store and xbox live

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't sign in to microsoft account on microsoft store and xbox live: For some reason when i try to log into my microsoft account on microsoft store or on xbox app, it just has an error and says that "Something went wrong, please try again later." and 0x80090010. It's not when I put in password or anything it doesn't even ask me that. I just...
  9. Account Register

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Account Register: Can you establish more than one "Account Register" in Money Plus. I had six registers established in my old version of Money and I have established one in Windows 10, and when I went to add another account register, it wanted to replace the one I just established; therefore,...
  10. Primary account and ownership of laptop and registering it with Microsoft.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Primary account and ownership of laptop and registering it with Microsoft.: I recently purchased a used computer with Windows 10 Home on it. It has a primary account on it and I presume it is registered with Microsoft. I want to eliminate it and put my own account on it with no association with its previous owner. What are the steps to accomplish...