Windows 10: Microsoft management console has stopped working

Discus and support Microsoft management console has stopped working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Microsoft management console has stopped working,i get this error when i open Task Scheduler& select anything i upgraded from win 7 ,it worked then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bluzeboy, May 11, 2016.

1. bluzeboy Win User

Microsoft management console has stopped working

Microsoft management console has stopped working,i get this error when i open Task Scheduler& select anything

i upgraded from win 7 ,it worked then

:)

bluzeboy, May 11, 2016

2. Microsoft Management Console has stopped working - ..will close ...

My machine uses bitlocker encryption and is a work laptop - safe mode requires a bitlocker recovery key etc. Not easy to invoke safe mode.

GautamBanerjea, May 11, 2016
  3. fpbear Win User
    Microsoft Management Console has stopped working when plugging in USB 3 hub

Thanks Joy. I ran DISM.exe previously and it didn't find any issues. One thing I would like to understand better about your response: is it possible that incompatible application DLLs could be attached to the Device Manager without affecting other areas
    of MMC? Note that everything works fine in the control panel until 1. I open the Device Manager, and 2. I plug in the USB 3 hub. This makes me suspect that it doesn't have anything to do with an attached DLL, but instead some kind of Microsoft bug with enumerating
    USB 3 devices. I don't see why a third party application would attach a DLL specifically to the Device Manager list. I thought that was a protected area for Microsoft only.

fpbear, May 11, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Sorry, which error? Could you post a screenshot?

And has it ever worked since you upgraded, or has it stopped working recently?
    Do you have any useful restore points or disk images?

dalchina, May 12, 2016
  5. bluzeboy Win User
    Microsoft management console has stopped working [​IMG]
    never

bluzeboy, May 12, 2016
  6. Whatphoeb Win User
    You may perform a SFC scan and check if it lists any issues.

Whatphoeb, May 12, 2016
  7. bluzeboy Win User
    i ave done that no issues

bluzeboy, May 12, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

This doesn't seem to have been reported on this forum previously; there are some references on the internet where SFC /scannow did find sthg which you've probably found.

Therefore I can only suggest an in-place upgrade repair, with no guarantees it will fix this as you haven't said if you have system restore points or disk images (which you really need to secure your PC and let you rescue yourself when things go wrong without technical help. It is a valuable repair technique.

Precede it with this in case sthg has happened to your file system:

Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed.
    Post back the result, which will be on the screen briefly.
    Otherwise you can get the result as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

An In-place upgrade repair install will fix many things, but not those where the settings are not changed by the procedure.

For this you need an installation medium with the same base build as you have installed.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

This will refresh Windows, after the manner of a Windows installation.
    - all/most associations will be unchanged
    - all your programs will be left installed
    - you will lose any custom fonts
    - you will lose any customised system icons
    - you may need to re-establish your Wi-Fi connection
    - you will need to redo Windows updates subsequent to the build you have used for the repair install
    - Windows.old will be created
    - system restore will be turned off- you should turn it on again and I recommend you manually schedule a daily restore point.
    - you will need to redo any language downloads including the display language if you changed that)
    - inactive title bar colouring (if used) will be reset to default
    - if Qttabbar is installed, you need to re-enable it in explorer (Options, check Qttabbar)
    This is one of the better features of Win10: as each major build comes out, that's your updated reference build, and as updates are mostly cumulative, there will be few to do.

Recommendation:
    Before you perform this major repair procedure, do create a disk image.

Please consider using disk imaging regularly. It's a brilliant way to
    - preserve your system (and your sanity)
    - back up your data
    - restore your system to a previously working state in a relatively short time

Recommended: Macrium Reflect (free/commercial) + boot disk/device + large enough external storage medium.

dalchina, May 12, 2016
  9. bluzeboy Win User
    it says the software protecion has stopped or disabled,how can i enable it ?

bluzeboy, May 12, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    Could you explain what you were doing when this happened? Have you tried chkdsk and the in-place upgrade repair as I suggested?

dalchina, May 12, 2016
  11. bluzeboy Win User
    i did the repair
    here is the event log

bluzeboy, May 12, 2016
  12. dalchina New Member
    Chkdsk is ok - have you done the in-place upgrade repair install?

dalchina, May 12, 2016
  13. bluzeboy Win User

yes just did

it says
    it says the software protection ,but in service's it on auto

bluzeboy, May 12, 2016
  14. dalchina New Member
    Hi, seems it being stopped is normal...

Is your MMC working now? Do you have any other symptoms?

dalchina, May 13, 2016
  15. bluzeboy Win User
    i reinstalled windows,but checking the task schedule ,i get the same message

i have come to the conclusion is must be because i'm running windows 10 home & not pro

bluzeboy, May 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Microsoft management console has stopped working - Similar Threads - Microsoft management console

2. Microsoft management console suddenly appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft management console suddenly appearing: I accessed 'device manager' in the control panel several times in the last few days, without a problem. Now this evening when I attempt to access it, the Microsoft Management Console pops up. I can still access the device manager but I'm suddenly forced to do so through the...
  3. Microsoft management console suddenly appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft management console suddenly appearing: I accessed 'device manager' in the control panel several times in the last few days, without a problem. Now this evening when I attempt to access it, the Microsoft Management Console pops up. I can still access the device manager but I'm suddenly forced to do so through the...
  4. Microsoft management console suddenly appearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows desktop manager has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows desktop manager has stopped working: Hello, I keep getting an error where it says windows desktop manager has stopped working and my whole pc freezes and I have to restart my pc. This only happens when playing rocket league and it's random. I'm confident it isn't rocket league itself as I've reinstalled it...
  6. Windows desktop manager has stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows desktop manager has stopped working: Hello, I keep getting an error where it says windows desktop manager has stopped working and my whole pc freezes and I have to restart my pc. This only happens when playing rocket league and it's random. I'm confident it isn't rocket league itself as I've reinstalled it...
  7. my microsoft management console is crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    my microsoft management console is crashing: Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: mmc.exe Application Version: 10.0.19041.329 Application Timestamp: 2ede9d07 Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll Fault Module Version: 10.0.19041.572 Fault Module Timestamp: 1183946c Exception Code: 00000000...
  8. Sessions in Microsoft Management Console

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sessions in Microsoft Management Console: Hi, May I know the architecture of where the sessions opened for CIFS shares are stored? Does it use a Microsoft Database? Is there any article supporting this?...
  9. management console

in Windows 10 Support
    management console: recently I reinstalled windows 10 home edition on my hp laptop and since then the microsoft management console is appearing each time I try to open settings or services ect. why is this happening it didn't before. 127302
  10. Uninstalling Microsoft Management Console

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstalling Microsoft Management Console: How do I uninstall the ms management console? i am always getting this dialog box saying that the administrator has blocked the particular app from running. how do i uninstall it permenently?...