Windows 10: Microsoft Money-Reinstall Internet Explorer 6

Discus and support Microsoft Money-Reinstall Internet Explorer 6 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been running our household account in Microsoft Money for past 10 years. Imagine on updating to Windows 10I am informed it cannot open Money and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by chatters, Aug 3, 2015.

1. chatters Win User

Microsoft Money-Reinstall Internet Explorer 6

I have been running our household account in Microsoft Money for past 10 years. Imagine on updating to Windows 10I am informed it cannot open Money and advised to reinstall Internet Explorer 6. Please advise. I am no geek so keep it simple please?

:)

chatters, Aug 3, 2015
  2. teribus1 Win User

Windows 10 and the Money program

Since installing Windows 10 my Money program from the Microsoft Works Suite 2006 will not run. When I try to open it I get the following message " Money requires Internet Explorer 6 to function properly. Please reinstall Internet Explorer 6 so these components
    can be added " Any solutions please Microsoft?

teribus1, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Microsoft Money 2004 on Windows 10

I downloaded and installed Money Plus Sunset Deluxe from the link you supplied. When I installed it on my computer, it removed my Microsoft Money 2004 program. Now, when I tried to open the Money Plus program, it is stating that "Money requires Internet
    Explorer 6 to function properly. Please reinstall Internet Explorer 6 so these components can be added."

I then went into the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer], and changed the version from 9.11.10240.16384, 9.11.10240.0

When I tried to install Internet Explorer 6, I got this message: "The Windows Update Internet Explorer and Internet Tools cannot be installed on this computer. This product does not install on 65 bit platforms."

I seem to be at a standstill, is there anything else that I need to do?

Janet Major

JanetMajor2, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Teflon Win User

I had the same issue as you. A bit of Googling and I found this fix:

To resolve the error, try the following registry hack:

• Open Registry Editor (RegEdit).
    • Navigate to the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

• In the right pane, look for Version registry value.
    • Modify the value date to 9.11.10240.0.

Note: The default value date for the Version in Windows 10 RTM Build 10240 is 9.11.10240.16384.

Did the edit, and MS Money runs as it should. Apologies to whoever first discovered the fix. I noted it down, but can't remember where I found it, so can't give the appropriate credit. *Redface

Hope this helps.

Teflon, Aug 3, 2015
  5. The only thing I can think of at the moment is to right click on Microsoft money 6 exe file that launches the software and try change to an earlier version of windows such as Windows 7 or Vista and let us know if it helps.

EDIT: Cool Teflon, always helps when someone has had the issue as well.

Now, if I can only figure out why Corel VideoStudio X8 gives me error 0x000007b - Application error when launching it. I wanted to find some good video editing or DVD authoring software to create a DVD video/audio picture album. So, far unable to make this work. Everything else I run works good though.

GamerwGlasses, Aug 3, 2015
  6. letmein Win User
    letmein, Aug 3, 2015
  7. Berton Win User
    I came across that fix a few days ago on another forum and it worked fine. A person may run into the same issue when installing Office 2000 or Office XP/2002 on newer Operating Systems. It just goes to show the integration of other Microsoft products with Windows.

Berton, Aug 3, 2015
  8. Teflon Win User

I tried that myself, but sadly it didn't work (at least not for me). I was tearing what was left of my hair out 'till I found the registry hack.

Teflon, Aug 3, 2015
  9. Gingernut Win User
    I just left a message with Microsoft Support - they called me back within one minute - and got through to a very helpful lady who very efficiently linked to my computer and sorted it out for me. Ten minutes later Money is working perfectly. *Smile

Gingernut, Aug 5, 2015
  10. sn00ker Win User
    Did you have to pay for it ?

sn00ker, Aug 5, 2015
  11. Gingernut Win User
    Not at all. It's part of the Microsoft service. *Smile

Gingernut, Aug 5, 2015
  12. Gingernut Win User
    Contact Us

Gingernut, Aug 5, 2015
  13. sn00ker Win User

I know about the chat forum but when you said on the phone that's when I thought they usually charge for that . Good to know and glad you didn't ... thanks

sn00ker, Aug 5, 2015
  14. Mystere Win User
    While there may be hacks to get this working, you might want to consider moving to a more recent and still supported application, like Quicken or any of the other money managers.

Mystere, Aug 5, 2015
  15. chatters Win User
    Thank you all for your help. I found it difficult to find "Versions" but a friend helped me to replace the value date and hey presto my Microsoft Money is now returned with all bells and whistles. Thank you all again and keep up the good work.
    Ray Chatfield

chatters, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft Money-Reinstall Internet Explorer 6 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Money Reinstall

2. "Roblox requires internet explorer 6 or greater"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Roblox requires internet explorer 6 or greater": when i try to install roblox it tells me "roblox requires internet explorer 6 or greater" and i have the most recent version of microsoft edge i don't understand why it tells me this how to fix it?...
  3. "Roblox requires internet explorer 6 or greater"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Roblox requires internet explorer 6 or greater": when i try to install roblox it tells me "roblox requires internet explorer 6 or greater" and i have the most recent version of microsoft edge i don't understand why it tells me this how to fix it?...
  4. Microsoft Money

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Money: Will MIcrosoft Money be available in Microsoft 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-money/231a343e-68c3-41b2-91a4-06d0f48324c9
  5. Microsoft Money

Microsoft Money: Will MIcrosoft Money be available in Microsoft 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-money/231a343e-68c3-41b2-91a4-06d0f48324c9
  6. Microsoft Money

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Money: Hi How can I set the program up so that credits to an account are shown before debits on the same day? At the moment debits are being entered which shows the account in the red only to be in the black when my salary is entered. Any assistance would be appreciated...
  7. microsoft money

microsoft money: I know this was discontinued in 2009, I had sunset but it crashed and the disc is no longer works I loved this program just to keep track of my money spending and to reconcile my bank account at the end of the month. thats all I use it for and thats all I need...
  8. Microsoft Money

Microsoft Money: I am using Microsoft Money in Windows 10 Build 19559. It works fine. However if Internet Explorer is removed will it continue to work. It is my understanding that Internet Explorer will be retired after Microsoft Edge is completely implemented....
  9. Microsoft Money

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Money: HI,Everyone I have just acquired windows !0 and have downloaded Microsoft Money the new version and it keeps opening money on start up ,can I prevent this,many thanks Dave newbe...
  10. Microsoft Money

Microsoft Money: Is there a Canadian version of Microsoft Money? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-money/5bc7f813-7c2d-4dfe-9c47-8597b7fb501b