Windows 10: Microsoft must change Windows 10 Update system

Discus and support Microsoft must change Windows 10 Update system in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Recently, i upgraded my pc to Windows 10 using free upgrade from pre-installed 8.1. Everything installed ok...until Windows 10 installed the wrong... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by treblefree, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Microsoft must change Windows 10 Update system

Recently, i upgraded my pc to Windows 10 using free upgrade from pre-installed 8.1.

Everything installed ok...until Windows 10 installed the wrong Amd graphic card for my pc via windows update.
    Upon reboot my pc monitor screen went blank.I used Advanced Boot up options...pc could not Refresh nor Reset.
    Upon advice from a friend i connected external hard drive which contained a copy of Windows 10 Iso image i made my pc desktop appeared an deleted all partions including recovery partion and re-installed Windows 8 again from dvd..installed relevant updates i needed and then installed 8.1 upgrade from Microsoft Store.

Phew....took a weekend to make my pc work.

This is the biggest problem with Windows 10 update procedure..it installs updates that you cannot stop especially Graphic Drivers.

Personally, Windows 10 updates routine should be the same as previous versions where you can choose or cancel a particular update or updates.

I had to purchase special HP Pavillion Recovery Media Discs which i need to use if pc crashes again since i don't have a recovery partion anymore.

:)

treblefree, Nov 6, 2015
  2. Tom Kunzo Win User

Suggestions

The recent update for Windows 10 in January 2016 is an eye opener.

As usual, users of the operating system were assured that nothing would be changed in their files or whatever they were having or using in the OS prior to the update.

But after the update, some changes were made.

One notable example is the replacement of my default browser.

Prior to the update it was Firefox but after, it became IE!

Changing it back to Firefox should be very easy - just a click of the mouse in Firefox's Tool/Option menu.

But after the update one must go to the side bar in the system tray, look for the Firefox browser and then reinstate it as the default.

Why must Microsoft foist IE on its users and make them go through this rigmarole?

Another problem is the saving of files to the desktop.

Prior to the update, one can state where to save files in the Firefox browser by choosing the default in Tools/Option menu too.

But after the update, it can't be done.

So, the promises that nothing in your files or profiles will be changed is a lot of hot air!

I suggest that, in future, Microsoft must keep to its promises that NOTHING WILL BE CHANGED MEANS JUST WHAT IT SAID!

Also, updates should be strictly for IRONING OUT BUGS in the system and also to IMPROVE SECURITY.

AND NOT TO MESS THINGS UP FOR USERS!

It should NEVER be used to impose their will on their customers!!

It seems that Microsoft likes to smudge things up for nothing and cause unnessary aggravation to their users.

They seemed to have forgotten about the debacle of Windows 8 which Windows 10 is supposed to replace.

Tom Kunzo, Nov 6, 2015
  3. Windows 10 SP1

1-There are not going to be SP'S just constant updates

2-You MUST first do an upgrade to validate the hardware then you can do a clean install

3-No one knows what the "ISO" will be a year from now.

Microsoft is changing their entire delivery, update, and key systems for win 10. There will not be a final version as it will constantly be changing

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Nov 6, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

Microsoft must change Windows 10 Update system

Hi .... Welcome to the Ten forum ... I believe your friend gave you the wrong advise . You shouldn't of deleted the Recovery Partition . That partition is what you need to restore your system back to factory setting, the way it was when you first bought it ( the original OS ) . That was why you had to purchase HP Pavillion Recovery Media Discs because you deleted already from your system . One should never delete the Recovery Partition unless one never plan to go back to the original Operating System and the system has past the warranty date .

sn00ker, Nov 6, 2015
  5. Thank you for reply . Hmmm...a bit puzzled as to why i could not Refresh my nor Reset my pc as Recovery Partition was not deleted at the time of going through various stages of recovery as message popped up in Advanced Boot up options 'Pc could not refresh.Try further troubleshooting options'...sorry cannot recall exact wording.I also clicked use recovery media option ie using recovery discs i created ...restarted pc nothing happened....blank screen.Resetting Pc did not work either..hence the reason my friend suggested deleting all partitions.I could not re-install Windows 10 either as you require certain updates before upgrading.

I have my pc working now...and hope my pc will not crash and if it does i will have to use HP Recovery Media Discs which will re-create recovery partition and re-install OEM 8.1 Pro OS ie factory default.

If there was an option not to install AMD Graphic Driver ( Microsoft version ) during Windows 10 update my pc would have been ok.

Sometimes you have to take drastic measures to do a pc repair.

Bye

treblefree, Nov 6, 2015
  6. sn00ker Win User
    I think and could be wrong but I believe you were trying to reset your PC back within windows 10 settings not from the HP recovery options . There 2 recovery. Windows 10 show one and HP has one, the HP one is the one that set the system back to the original operating system ( factory ) Though to perform this you have to hit ( tap ) a certain key when you turn the PC on, it usually the F2 key or Delete . You have to check with your manual or check HP website for your model which key start the Recovery partition to reset back to factory

sn00ker, Nov 6, 2015
  7. sn00ker Win User
    By chance when you were trying to reset did you notice similar to these screens from the link below, if so ? that's within windows 10 options not from HP recovery

Code: Windows 10 Help Forums

sn00ker, Nov 6, 2015
  8. Bumpkin Win User

Check out this tutorial by Brink about how to stop device driver updates.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...a.html#option3

Edit: Option 3 worked for me.

Bumpkin, Nov 6, 2015
  9. Thank you for reply snOOker /Bumpkin

Have followed link to tutorial will read later.

On my HP Pavillion desktop ( which had Windows 10 upgrade) i have to press F11 key to access the familiar Advanced Boot Menu options ie the blue box.Now when i clicked System Recovery box it asks for Recovery Media / installation disc and when i put my burned copy of Windows 10 iso image i also made a verifying mode is shown ..then PC will not reset message appears...this step also occurs for PC Refresh.Something must have got corrupted somewhere and my pc just ends in a loop ie when restarting all i saw was a blank screen....ie i saw nothing.I could hear disc whirring in hard drive and button near on/off switch flickering.If there was a recovery partition for Windows 10 it was inaccessible.

As mentioned previously my pc is up and running with 8.1 Pro but without recovery partition and will have use HP Recovery Media Discs to get pc back to factory default...then maybe upgrade to Windows 10 later.

Thank you again for replies.
    Bye.

treblefree, Nov 6, 2015
  10. Bumpkin Win User
    If I were in your shoes I would do a clean install of W10, not an upgrade from 8.1

Boot using your W10 install media, delete all partitions and let it install.

If asked for a product key, just skip inserting a key, it will activate when the install is complete.

Bumpkin, Nov 6, 2015
  11. Thank you Bumpkin for reply.

I will follow your suggestion.When i am ready to re-install Windows 10

Bye

treblefree, Nov 6, 2015
  12. Bumpkin Win User
    Download the correct graphics driver before installing W10.

Disconnect the internet so you won't get any updates when you do the install, and then install the downloaded driver.

Good luck!

Bumpkin, Nov 6, 2015
  13. Microsoft must change Windows 10 Update system

Thank i will follow your advice

treblefree, Nov 6, 2015
  14. sn00ker Win User
    Here below is a good place from HP as to how to perform a recovery back to factory, it's on youtube

Code:

sn00ker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft must change Windows 10 Update system - Similar Threads - Microsoft must change

2. WHY Must updates to microsoft windows 10/11 interfere with the proper booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY Must updates to microsoft windows 10/11 interfere with the proper booting: I have many systems that I need to have auto update to keep secure, but windows insists on this walk through of new features that stops the system from booting, it has become an unreliable platform for display systems etc. Why must they do this? can they add an option to...
  3. WHY Must updates to microsoft windows 10/11 interfere with the proper booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHY Must updates to microsoft windows 10/11 interfere with the proper booting: I have many systems that I need to have auto update to keep secure, but windows insists on this walk through of new features that stops the system from booting, it has become an unreliable platform for display systems etc. Why must they do this? can they add an option to...
  4. WHY Must updates to microsoft windows 10/11 interfere with the proper booting

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Must change PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Must change PIN: I have 2 accts with different names, PINS and passwords and each is the verification address for the other. I need to change the email password in acct 1 but when I try to access acct 2 to get the code number, it says my PIN is no good. How do I change the PIN as it won't be...
  6. Must change PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Must change PIN: I have 2 accts with different names, PINS and passwords and each is the verification address for the other. I need to change the email password in acct 1 but when I try to access acct 2 to get the code number, it says my PIN is no good. How do I change the PIN as it won't be...
  7. Must change PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Win 10 after system restart must sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win 10 after system restart must sign in: After system restart It always requires me to sign in even after box in settings is unchecked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-after-system-restart-must-sign-in/450ed584-dc91-4d17-b042-f77e6b14d58d
  9. Windows 10 update fails ... then the system dies and must revert back to previous version....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update fails ... then the system dies and must revert back to previous version....: Windows 10 update fails ... then the system dies and must revert back to previous version. Why is there not a patch for the update? Peace, LAN...
  10. MUST DISABLE WINDOWS 10 UPDATER

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MUST DISABLE WINDOWS 10 UPDATER: I am sick and tired of my system automatically activating the Windows Updater. I do not want your updates. I do not care about the new features. Stop force-feeding this crap down my throat, please, and tell me how to permanently disable updates. I've been into services.msc...