Windows 10: Microsoft native app updates today

Discus and support Microsoft native app updates today in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; MS seems to be having a field day updating the native apps at the moment, virtually all the native ones have updates available over last couple days so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Microsoft native app updates today

MS seems to be having a field day updating the native apps at the moment, virtually all the native ones have updates available over last couple days so if your store update settings are set to manual you might want to run a check. About the only one i reckon I haven't seen is an update for the useless groove app but I guess that one won't be far off either.

off top of my head, mail/calendar, calculator, voice recorder, phone, people, films and tv, one note, get office and a few others I've forgotten all came down the pipe this afternoon/evening. And they didn't manage to break any of them! At least they all seem fine on our machines.

:)

Scottyboy99, Aug 23, 2016

2. Microsoft Apps for Belle

I bought a Nokia 701, native Belle, assuming Microsoft Apps would have been installed. Well, I was wrong, but I've been told that MS Apps would have been released along with the next firmware update.

Now I installed the latest (Belle FP1) and still NO MS-Apps... and today they disappeared from store.ovi.com!

This isn't a good looking signal...

Is nokia discontinuing MS Apps? :smileyfrustrated:

mario_sacchi, Aug 23, 2016
  3. Surface 3 Camera not working

Are you actually reading the thread, or are you autoreplying from some ticketing system?

like the others, i have a surface 3 (not pro) and while my camera used to work, today if i try to use any app including the new Microsoft camera app or the native camera, i get an error message:

Something went wrong. Make sure your camera is connected and not being used by another app.

i keep my Surface updated with the automatic updates.

James

JamesLeatherwood, Aug 23, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft native app updates today

So far, I've only gotten an update for the "Get Started" app today.

Microsoft native app updates today [​IMG]

Brink, Aug 24, 2016
  5. Ah ok, is yours from an insider version of Windows? Our machines are just the conventional / public builds. Might be why the schedules / rate of release for native apps are different. I saw updates for things like weather, maps, sports, money, news yesterday (I think Donald already reported these).

Scottyboy99, Aug 24, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yeah, it's an Insider installation.

Brink, Aug 24, 2016
  7. Overnight updates offered for Groove and alarms/clock

Scottyboy99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft native app updates today

1. Microsoft native app updates today - Similar Threads - Microsoft native app

2. Microsoft Edge Native App support for Apple Silicon Macs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Native App support for Apple Silicon Macs: We now have public Canary and Dev versions of Microsoft Edge that run natively on Apple Silicon Macs (M1 Macs, ARM64 Macs). To download, click on either the Canary or Dev channel links below: Canary - Microsoft Edge Canary Channel (microsoftedgeinsider.com) Dev - Microsoft...
  3. Win10 Native Apps not opening.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Native Apps not opening.: My friend is having an issue where his windows 10 native apps are not opening. Microsoft Store opens for a split second and then closes. This happened after problems with PSO2 and I heavily suspect he messed with his WindowsApp folder. I've had him try running PowerShell...
  4. Microsoft native apps won't open.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft native apps won't open.: None of the native Microsoft Apps will open. They all will close/crash shortly after the outline of the App pops up. Some of the apps that crash are Microsoft Store, Mail, Maps, Calendar, Photos, Groove Music, Xbox etc. I have tried a number of fixes, including: Trying...
  5. USB microsoft driver failed on update today

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB microsoft driver failed on update today: This morning my computer ran an update that MS had forced on it - I wish I could completely stop these idiots doing this. The result is the 'Renesas USB3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)' driver no longer works. I have run the repair utility and driver update...
  6. Today's MS Updates kill apps

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Today's MS Updates kill apps: WUP, KB3038930, KB3040021, KB3021952 and one AMD Radeon HD 5450 installed today. Daum PotPlayer for playing videos, etc., Cyberlink PowerDirector 13 and AudioDirector 5 fail to open now. 4256
  7. Checking for native app updates without using PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Checking for native app updates without using PC: Is there a way or a website to look on where one can be aware of/notified of any MS native app updates that have been released. Kind of like a live feed. I am pretty OCD and kind of fear the native app updates as MS has burned my fingers many times. So at the moment I...
  8. People and groove apps updated today

People and groove apps updated today: New updates for both people and groove come down pipe today. Guess films and tv will follow soon as that always seems to update on a similar cycle to groove. 78807
  9. Disgusted with MS native app updates

Disgusted with MS native app updates: I'm sure many don't have multiple user accounts on their machines but for those that do .... i am seriously fed up with Microsoft updating their native apps. Not because I don't want new features but because of the unpredictable outcomes for the other user accounts (mix of...
  10. Todays Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Todays Update: Hi There. Just did the latest update this morning took a while to complete but working okay. Just one issue I notice in my C drive that there is Windows old showing up with this latest update will it be okay to delete that ? as we did before when I went from W8.1 to...