Windows 10: Microsoft needs to add a switch.

Discus and support Microsoft needs to add a switch. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Microsoft needs to add a switch so that you could go back to Windows 8.1 menus, metro start button (I hate what Microsoft did to the start menu), and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by d2123cross, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Microsoft needs to add a switch.

Microsoft needs to add a switch so that you could go back to Windows 8.1 menus, metro start button (I hate what Microsoft did to the start menu), and metro apps that stay full screen. Who else thinks so?

:)

d2123cross, Feb 18, 2015
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 18, 2015
  3. Windows needs to add a draft area for text messages

thank you so much.. for long time I kept it on Battery saver and usually put it on the charger every other night... and it probably could have gone to one more night before charging... I only used it for texting and very little of that compared to what
    lot of people do.. Most of the time, I was only sending 8 text messages a day..and very seldom use it for calls when I am at home.. but now have the WhatsApp on it to communicate with somone in another country... we dont really talk a lot on it less than
    30 minutes usually. so now am charging it more. When I travel, I have two battery power backups I bought to help with power if I need it. I have a friend using a Samsung for texting and chatting and phone calls and his battery lasts about 8 days.. that
    is incredible. Don't know which model he is using. My battery seems to drain a lot just sitting here.

I tried the OneNote again this morning and it is working now... not sure what the heck was going on yesterday.. I also had an issue yesterday, couldn't even get to the start menu Microsoft needs to add a switch. :( that was not good... No matter what I pushed on nothing was coming
    up...when I finally got into the start menu, I pushed on messaging, people, and several others and nothing was opening for me. it took me about 10 min to get it back working.... don't know what happened and sure hope this doesn't happen again.. especially
    when I am out somewhere and need the phone. this is the first time this has happened ..but I've only had the phone since about beginning of March I think ... or later...can't remember now exactly when I got it. But sure can't have it locking up on me like
    that when I am out if I need to use it or answer a call. Microsoft needs to add a switch. :( that worries me some.

anyway.. thank you for all your help.. I will learn this stuff eventually... Ive used phones for texting, checking emails, going on facebook (when I was in hospital), talking, but this windows stuff is different and I never had to update a phone before
    online so m trying to learn it all. I appreciate your help ..

have a great day Microsoft needs to add a switch. :) Microsoft needs to add a switch. :)

Mamacat104, Feb 18, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft needs to add a switch.

Brink, Feb 18, 2015
  5. Winuser Win User
    Have you made a request on Windows Feedback? If MS gets enough request maybe they will.

Winuser, Feb 18, 2015
  6. There is one. I bet you can find it in under a minute.

FuturDreamz, Feb 18, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    I don't think there's going to be options.

Edwin, Feb 18, 2015
  8. Microsoft needs to add a switch.

No I haven't yet, but I should.
    Microsoft needs to add a switch. [​IMG]

d2123cross, Feb 19, 2015
  9. d2123cross, Feb 19, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Feb 19, 2015
  11. @Brink Now when I have the start screen enabled, the taskbar stays open. Any idea's?

d2123cross, Apr 12, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    This no longer works in the 10041 and later builds of Windows 10.

You'll need to undo and remove the context menu. *Sad

Remove_Toggle_Start_from_Context_Menu.reg

Brink, Apr 12, 2015
  13. Microsoft needs to add a switch.

I'm running 9926 still.,

d2123cross, Apr 12, 2015
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    In that case, see if toggling off/on the taskbar to autohide may help.

Brink, Apr 12, 2015
  15. Ok I will

d2123cross, Apr 12, 2015
Thema:

Microsoft needs to add a switch.

1. Microsoft needs to add a switch. - Similar Threads - Microsoft needs add

2. I need to switch back

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need to switch back: So a couple months back i made the switch to Linux, this was due to the fact that i've always been told it was better for development purposes and that Linux gaming has caught up or whatever. In my experience this is NOT the case, at the least not for the distro I'm using. I...
  3. Need to add signatures to documents

Need to add signatures to documents: In the course of my job, I am constantly adding signatures to documents. When I had a Mac I used PDFPenPro. I would add an image of the signature, remove the background, and resize & position it. I still have not found a way to do that on my Surface Pro 7. I have the...
  4. microsoft adds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft adds: Hi how can I remove adds from Microsoft solitaire thank you. Regards David https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-adds/9f9de254-f846-49c0-a316-e041af2f258e
  5. Need help with GPU switching

Need help with GPU switching: Hello there! Here is my problem: I bought a laptop with a dedicated graphics card and I'd like to play minecraft on it. I only recently noticed that minecraft runs using the integrated intel graphics instead of the dedicated one. Other games work fine with GPU switching but...
  6. I need help switching my microsoft user

I need help switching my microsoft user: Hi, As I'm sure you all know, when making a user for Windows 10 you have to log into your microsoft account and that account is tied to your user on your computer. I have a problem though, my microsoft account has been repeatedly locked for seemingly no reason, I haven't...
  7. Switching Microsoft Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switching Microsoft Accounts: My daughter got her new HP Stream today and I remembered not to attach it to the WiFi network prior to setting up her local account. All that went well... But then I went to switch it out of "S Mode", which meant signing into the Microsoft store. The only account I knew was...
  8. Need a gigabyte switch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need a gigabyte switch: When I bring home my work laptop I have to use wireless because I don't have a spare wired network jack. The only one in the den is in use. The only one in the bedroom is in use. When I use wireless it works flawlessly ... until I connect to work over a VPN. The VPN drops...
  9. Add internet time switch to for child safety

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add internet time switch to for child safety: Hello the Son of a friend of mine has a habit of getting up,in the night to do online gaming. I would like to know the best way to install a timer to block all internet access to his PC during certain hours....preferably with a warning 10-20 minutes prior. I believe he has...
  10. How to add Switch Users option

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to add Switch Users option: Please, I am aware of many other ways. I am looking for this particular option. [img] 48065