Windows 10: Microsoft .NET Framework Issue

Discus and support Microsoft .NET Framework Issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Microsoft .NET Framework issue. I keep getting a dialogue box that says "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sarah Silver, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Microsoft .NET Framework Issue

I have a Microsoft .NET Framework issue. I keep getting a dialogue box that says "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately." I normally hit continue and then every once in a while I get a blue screen of death. Can someone help me figure out how to fix it? This dialogue box is driving me crazy. Below are the details from the dialogue box about this issue. I'm running a 64 bit laptop with Version 1803 of Windows 10 Home. Thanks for the help.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 10, position 1. (C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\MSI\SCM.exe_Url_zv0ikcohnhzptbjtykvepncdk0ijftla\13.16.12025.0\user.config line 10) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 10, position 1.
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Skip()
    at System.Configuration.XmlUtil.StrictSkipToNextElement(ExceptionAction action)
    at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(XmlUtil xmlUtil, String parentConfigKey, Boolean inLocation, String locationSubPath, OverrideModeSetting overrideMode, Boolean skipInChildApps)
    at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(XmlUtil xmlUtil, String parentConfigKey, Boolean inLocation, String locationSubPath, OverrideModeSetting overrideMode, Boolean skipInChildApps)
    at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSections(XmlUtil xmlUtil)
    at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)
    at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
    at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.PrepareConfigSystem()
    at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.RefreshSection(String sectionName)
    at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)
    at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)
    at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)
    at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.SetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName, Object propertyValue)
    at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.set_Item(String propertyName, Object value)
    at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.set_Item(String propertyName, Object value)
    at MSI.SCM.SCMII.SetECOtoEC()
    at MSI.SCM.SCMII.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3160.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    SCM
    Assembly Version: 13.16.12025.0
    Win32 Version: 13.016.12025.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SCM/SCM.exe
    System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    WPFOSD
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SCM/WPFOSD.DLL
    PresentationFramework
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3160.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.dll
    WindowsBase
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
    PresentationCore
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
    System.Xaml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xaml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xaml.dll
    System.Management
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll
    PresentationFramework.Aero2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework.Aero2/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.Aero2.dll
    UIAutomationTypes
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/UIAutomationTypes/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/UIAutomationTypes.dll
    MSIECO
    Assembly Version: 1.0.1308.2003
    Win32 Version: 1.0.1308.2003
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SCM/MSIECO.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

:)

Sarah Silver, Jul 27, 2018

2. Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

no, problem is still actual for me.

have MSI Notebook, problem is

System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'WPFOSD.GraphicsSwitchWnd.VGAType'.

at MSI.SCM.SCMII.WMIEventMath(Int32 WMIEvent), after i make something by S-BAR buttons like adding volume or something like that.

sergei.kulakov, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Microsoft .NET Framework Issue

Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

no, problem is still actual for me.

have MSI Notebook, problem is

System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'WPFOSD.GraphicsSwitchWnd.VGAType'.

at MSI.SCM.SCMII.WMIEventMath(Int32 WMIEvent), after i make something by S-BAR buttons like adding volume or something like that.

I have the same problem and I have a MSI GS70 Notebook, I key is pressed(Fn+volume up key) this problem come to my display. Please help me.

OGUZHANAYDIN, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft .NET Framework Issue

1. Microsoft .NET Framework Issue - Similar Threads - Microsoft NET Framework

2. Microsoft .NET Framework issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft .NET Framework issue: Microsoft .NET FrameworkUnhandled exception has occurred in your application.If you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.If you click quite the application will close immediately. Could not load load file or assembly '2529792 bytes...
  3. Microsoft .NET Framework issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft .NET Framework issue: Microsoft .NET FrameworkUnhandled exception has occurred in your application.If you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.If you click quite the application will close immediately. Could not load load file or assembly '2529792 bytes...
  4. Microsoft .NET Framework issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft .NET Framework

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft .NET Framework: Hello. I've come across this software and someone told me it is necessary to install in order to run games smoothly.Is this true and if it is do I need to install it?MY SPECSWINDOWS 10 PRO x64i38gb single channel...
  6. .NET framework issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .NET framework issue: In the Registry editior there isn't a v4.0 folder in the NET Framework\NDP folder yet when i try and download .NET v4.8 it is already installed on my computer? All of the support answers to resolve the install error require that i go to the V.4. folder but its not there How...
  7. .NET Framework Issues.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .NET Framework Issues.: So, I'm on a HP Notebook laptop running the latest version of Windows 10, but recently I've been having trouble with .NET Framework features, whenever I tried downloading .NET Framework it would show an error called "HRESULT 0x80240017" , and there wasn't a way I could fix...
  8. .net frameWork issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    .net frameWork issue: some programs that I normally run won't run with a popup that says either .net framework is not initialized or that it's not installed etc. etc. I go into my "turn windows features on or off" menu in control panel. It gives me for .net framework: .net environment, .NET...
  9. .NET Framework Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .NET Framework Issues: Hello Microsoft Community, This is my first time posting here so I hope I provide sufficient information. I have been some issues launching applications. Specifically, there are two video games on Steam that do not launch at all. If I launch them directly, I receive an...
  10. Microsoft .NET Framework

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft .NET Framework: Hi so I have this problem with Microsoft .NET Framework, some kind of pop up appeared called : "Microsoft .Net Framework Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click...