Microsoft News App Not Working

Discus and support Microsoft News App Not Working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Microsoft News App has stopped working. The Money and Sports app are working fine. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app from the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by be400cpt, Jul 11, 2018 at 5:33 PM.

1. be400cpt Win User

The Microsoft News App has stopped working. The Money and Sports app are working fine. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app from the Microsoft store. When I attempt to start the app, instead of a screen with a red background, I get a screen with a black background. Eventually I get a msg that says an error occurred and to refresh the page. That doesn't fix the problem. If you give me an email or text address I could send a video of the problem.

:)

2. hurricane51 Win User

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

3. Eeshwar Kumar Win User
    Microsoft Apps are not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, I suggest you to check if there are any updates available for the apps in Windows Store.

If the issue still persists, suggest you to create another user account and check for status.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 11, 2018 at 5:38 PM
  4. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

Thema:

1. Microsoft News App Not Working - Similar Threads - Microsoft News App

2. Microsoft’s updated News app for Windows 10 is now available for everyone

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s updated News app for Windows 10 is now available for everyone: Microsoft rebranded its MSN News app to Microsoft News last month and the company also tested the redesigned app for Windows 10 with Fast Ring Insiders. Today the new rebranded app for Windows 10 is available for regular users (non-Insiders). The app update adds acrylic to...
  3. Get Microsoft News menu entry in MSN Weather app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Get Microsoft News menu entry in MSN Weather app: Today I open MSN Weather app and it opened to a advertisement. The advertisement is for Microsoft News app for phone and the ad wants me to provide a phone number or email address. The fine print states that this consent to use my phone number or email is not necessary to use...
  4. Microsoft is bringing the rebranded News app to Windows 10 with Fluent Design

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is bringing the rebranded News app to Windows 10 with Fluent Design: Microsoft recently announced that the MSN News apps will be rebranded to Microsoft News on Android and iOS. Today, Microsoft is rolling out a new update to MSN News app on Windows 10 devices, and the update also rebrands the app. The new name is more straightforward and...
  5. Meet Microsoft News

in Windows 10 News
    Meet Microsoft News: Our mission for more than two decades has been to keep you informed in an easily accessible, comprehensive and trustworthy way. Today, we share the next step in our evolution. Microsoft has been in the news business for more than 23 years. When we launched MSN in 1995, the...
  6. AI news from #MSBuild Microsoft Build 2018 developers conference

in Windows 10 News
    AI news from #MSBuild Microsoft Build 2018 developers conference: At Microsoft’s Build developers conference in Seattle this week, the company is unveiling a series of new and updated tools that will help developers incorporate artificial intelligence into their processes and applications, regardless of their background and training in the...
  7. Can't download/install MS News from the Microsoft App Store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download/install MS News from the Microsoft App Store.: Hello, Title says it all really... Downloaded & Installed 1709 recently (took hooooours...) and realised some time later browsing MSN News that any subject which has a video will not play - it just shows a white screen. Ran DISM and SFC to no avail. This of course may...
  8. Check out all the Microsoft 365 news shared at #MSIgnite

in Windows 10 News
    Check out all the Microsoft 365 news shared at #MSIgnite: We’re at Microsoft Ignite in Orlando, Fla., today with more than 25,000 business customers and IT leaders from around the world. We’ve shared news spanning Microsoft’s commercial businesses – Office 365, Windows 10, Enterprise Security + Mobility and much more – with a focus...
  9. Windows Server for Developers: News from Microsoft Build 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server for Developers: News from Microsoft Build 2017: On behalf of the Windows Server team, I want to send a warm welcome to the thousands of developers who are joining us this week for the Microsoft Build Conference. It’s never been a more interesting time to be a developer, with new application models, patterns and frameworks...
  10. Microsoft Garage releases Your News app for Xbox One

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Garage releases Your News app for Xbox One: [img] Your News enables you to spend less time searching for news and more time watching it. It allows you to do this by letting you pick and choose topics that you care about from your favorite sources. You can: Watch MSN-curated content Customize the app to pick...