Windows 10: Microsoft News App Not Working

Discus and support Microsoft News App Not Working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Microsoft News App has stopped working. The Money and Sports app are working fine. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app from the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by be400cpt, Jul 11, 2018.

1. be400cpt Win User

Microsoft News App Not Working

The Microsoft News App has stopped working. The Money and Sports app are working fine. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app from the Microsoft store. When I attempt to start the app, instead of a screen with a red background, I get a screen with a black background. Eventually I get a msg that says an error occurred and to refresh the page. That doesn't fix the problem. If you give me an email or text address I could send a video of the problem.

:)

be400cpt, Jul 11, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Microsoft Apps are not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, I suggest you to check if there are any updates available for the apps in Windows Store.

If the issue still persists, suggest you to create another user account and check for status.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 11, 2018
  4. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft News App Not Working - Similar Threads - Microsoft News App

2. Microsoft News App not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft News App not working: When I click on the Microsoft app in menu, It shows up in taskbar. But its windows is not opening. What can be the reason? How to solve it? 167081
  3. MSN news app not working

MSN news app not working: The msn news app which I rarely use has a circle that spins. and the window says an error has occurred. Refresh page. and then the same thing happens over again. I'm not intnerested in the news articles that MSN chooses so when I go to topics I have chosen or "my sources"...
  4. Microsoft News App freezing

Microsoft News App freezing: My Microsoft News on my Windows 10 desktop opens fine but when I click on one of the news articles, it just freezes. I've tried running the troubleshooter, I've tried resetting it and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it - all to no avail. I've also uninstalled and...
  5. Microsoft News app crashes

Microsoft News app crashes: Hello, I'm having this problem: Microsoft news app crashes whenever I open it. Tried resetting it, running Microsoft store troubleshooter, even uninstalled it, but no help. Before that I ran this program because I was facing far worse problem: Tweaking.com – Windows Repair....
  6. Microsoft News App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft News App: The Home page of News apps doesn't load fully. If I scroll down then it keeps on showing that loading sign , and doesn't load after that. I tried updating and troubleshooting the issue but didn't help . is anyone facing the same issue . And what should be done to fix this...
  7. Microsoft News App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft News App: Hello there. We use Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 1803 (17134.472). Although our other apps work, for some reason when we try and open Microsoft News, there are about seven languages displayed, and then it reports " an error has occurred. Try refreshing". However,...
  8. Microsoft News App Crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft News App Crashes: My Microsoft News App opens for a second then crashes please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-news-app-crashes/4398abba-0d63-4289-b86b-add86099b5e7
  9. News App will not work

News App will not work: Hi All, Anyone else found that the Microsoft News App has stopped working despite trying to reinstall 6 times? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-app-will-not-work/657ae3df-9fdd-4e44-ace1-c63e2d2a68ae
  10. MIcrosoft News App crashing

MIcrosoft News App crashing: Anybody else experiencing the Microsoft News app just closing by itself when clicking on some headlined stories? Version 1809, build 17758.1 Pro. 119071

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft news app not working

2. microsoft news not working windows 10

3. microsoft news not working

4. windows news app not working,
  5. microsoft news app not loading,
  6. Microsoft News is not working,
  7. why is microsoft news not working,
  8. Windows Phone news app not working,
  9. microsoft news doesnt work,
  10. why has microsoft news stopped working,
  11. microsoft news app error,