Windows 10: Microsoft Now Allows Windows 10 Home Users to Disable Auto App Updates

Discus and support Microsoft Now Allows Windows 10 Home Users to Disable Auto App Updates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home users are not allowed to defer system updates, and as we’ve recently found out, they weren't even allowed to disable app updates in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Aug 27, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Microsoft Now Allows Windows 10 Home Users to Disable Auto App Updates

Source

Microsoft Now Allows Windows 10 Home Users to Disable Auto App Updates [​IMG]
    Tip How to Turn On or Off Automatic Download and Install of App Updates by Store in Windows 10

labeeman, Aug 27, 2015
  2. CountMike New Member

Ugh, that's going to make many with data caps happy.

:)

CountMike, Aug 27, 2015
  3. Jarks09 Win User
    Windows 10 forced download of Updates

We now have issues with our mobile users going over there mobile hotspot allowance. No way to stop auto download of windows 10 updates. Does Microsoft understand not everyone is connected non capped service plans.

Jarks09, Aug 27, 2015
  4. Microsoft Now Allows Windows 10 Home Users to Disable Auto App Updates

How to disable autologin after upgrade to Windows 10

Before upgrading to Windows 10, I had a user account (non-administrator) set to autologin to Windows7 for my home desktop.

During the upgrade, I allowed this non-administrative user account to be converted to my Microsoft account and selected a PIN to login locally. Upgrade was successful and login to administrative and user account works fine.

However, when I reboot Windows 10 tries to login to my former local account which, of course, fails because the password is no longer valid.

The former user account and new PIN account have the same username, i.e. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** so I see the same account twice on the reboot screen - once for old local password login; once for new PIN login.

Cannot find anywhere in Windows 10 to disable auto-login for the account. Ran the Windows 7 "netplwiz" utility and my account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** shows up twice but does not allow me to change the auto-login parameter anymore.

"net user" shows old account; doesn't seem to show login with Microsoft account.

This is more of a nuisance since after reboot, I can then login with my new PIN enabled account but I would like to get rid of the unnecessary attempt to autologin with my old password.

Any ideas on how to disable the old autologin from Windows 10?

Richard1076, Aug 27, 2015
  5. reddice Win User
    I want to disable automatic driver updates. Please what is so hard about that Microsoft.

reddice, Aug 27, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Aug 27, 2015
  7. I've seen several people report that, that doesn't work anymore? I haven't confirmed it myself though.

alphanumeric, Aug 27, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

I can because it hasn't messed around with my AMD graphics card(CCC) since.

Cliff S, Aug 27, 2015
  9. Ok, not sure why others say it doesn't work then? Something they are doing or not doing? It may depend on when you set that option too. Anyway if you say it works, that's good enough for me.

alphanumeric, Aug 27, 2015
  10. LittleJay Win User
    I'll second that, but with my Nvidia graphics driver. I prefer to install the updates myself, so I can uncheck some of the options I don't need.

LittleJay, Aug 27, 2015
  11. gtspeck Win User
    This is great! At least they are loosening the strings a little

gtspeck, Aug 28, 2015
  12. Pendaws Win User
    I am glad that MS has realised that they aren't big daddy. *Smile
    I like my updates when I want them NOT when MS says I need them
    or, having drivers installed that are not as new as other ones. *Smile

Pendaws, Aug 28, 2015
  13. Gary Win User

I have been removing mine.

14. acmanten Win User
    .. thanks, and I have just done the system protection update in my desktop to "No, let me decide", and "never install......"

Thanks so much for posting... V/r Cliff M.

acmanten, Aug 29, 2015
  15. Antilope Win User
    Looks like a good way to miss app security updates. Nope, not for me. I want the latest, secure updates.

Antilope, Aug 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft Now Allows Windows 10 Home Users to Disable Auto App Updates - Similar Threads - Microsoft Allows Home

2. Windows 10 Home Auto Restart - disable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home Auto Restart - disable: I am utilizing a Windows 10 System with 32 gigs to support my virtualbox test systems. Windows continues to restart ending those sessions without shutting them down. Thus, messing up my vitual machines. Any ideas to stop this other than buying another pro license?...
  3. Windows 10 Home Auto Restart - disable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home Auto Restart - disable: I am utilizing a Windows 10 System with 32 gigs to support my virtualbox test systems. Windows continues to restart ending those sessions without shutting them down. Thus, messing up my vitual machines. Any ideas to stop this other than buying another pro license?...
  4. Windows 10 Home Auto Restart - disable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Disable Auto Update for particular apps in Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Disable Auto Update for particular apps in Microsoft Store: How to disable auto updates for a particular apps in Microsoft Storew?I want to disable Armoury Crate auto updates from Microsoft Store but want auto update for other apps. How to do it? Thanks....
  6. Microsoft confirms it will allow Home users to delay Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms it will allow Home users to delay Windows 10 updates: The reports suggested that Microsoft will allow users with Windows 10 Home license to pause updates for a maximum of 35 days. In the latest announcement, Microsoft has confirmed that all Windows 10 users will be allowed to delay feature and monthly updates for a certain...
  7. Microsoft will finally allow Windows 10 Home users to pause updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will finally allow Windows 10 Home users to pause updates: Windows 10 can download and install updates automatically when they are available. Although users are supposed to keep their desktop OS up-to-date, sometimes we might have good reason to delay an update. For example, your favourite application is incompatible with the update...
  8. able to disable automatic updates on win 10 home now?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    able to disable automatic updates on win 10 home now?: I was thinking about ordering win 10 home retail version on flash drive from new egg but, I wanted to verify I would be able to disable the Microsoft auto updates first? I wanted the retail version with key since I upgrade motherboards etc. sometimes and want to be able to...
  9. Microsoft will allow users to disable telemetry

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft will allow users to disable telemetry: As per Gordon Kelly,Microsoft has decided to allow users to completely disable telemetry in a future update (later this year) as I see it,this is pretty big news! will Microsoft stick to their word? time will tell... http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke.../#16deb9603974 40546
  10. Windows 10 Home cannot disable automatic "app" updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home cannot disable automatic "app" updates?: I don't use these garbage "apps", nor do I have a Microsoft Account attached to my computer. Why am I forced to update these bloatware, preinstalled "apps" automatically? [img] 15544

Users found this page by searching for:

1. smartshare 0x8007007a