Windows 10: Microsoft offers IT guidance to prepare for Windows as a Service

Discus and support Microsoft offers IT guidance to prepare for Windows as a Service in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When Windows 10 arrives this summer (and Windows Server 2016 next year), Microsoft is going to be making some noticeable changes to how and when it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 18, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft offers IT guidance to prepare for Windows as a Service

Read more: http://www.zdnet.com/article/microso...-as-a-service/

:)

Brink, May 18, 2015
  2. MTOMTL Win User

How long does it take to prepare for the upgrade?

Hello,

I started downloading Windows 10 from my PC Windows 8.1 since Oct 05, it taking forever. Right now it's saying "Preparing for the upgrade please wait" since this morning and it hasn't finished. Is that normal? I don't get any error message, it's just taking
    too long. Pls. advise.

MTOMTL, May 18, 2015
  3. How long does it take to prepare for the upgrade?

Hi,

It depends upon your Internet speed and computer configuration. My upgraded takes 6 hours approximately. 8 Mbps of Internet speed, and Core i5 processor with 4 GB Ram. If upgrade fails, It will start from the beginning (0%).

VinOth_VingO, May 18, 2015
  4. LEE
    Lee Win User

Will less see how many will equate this to Microsoft will is really going to charge money for this type of service. . .here they come. . .*really

5. Lee, did you actually read that article or is this just another one of your "lets bait people and see if we can stir things up" posts? I didn't see any mention what so ever of a fee, etc. All it talks about is how updates are offered and applied to Enterprise customers. Those customers already have contracts with Microsoft. Why provoke people like that?

alphanumeric, May 18, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Honestly,, he doesn't have to .. it just occurs all by itself.
    *Smile

BunnyJ, May 18, 2015
  7. Yeah, I think he will be going on my ignore list. I'll wait a while and see if he replies first though.

alphanumeric, May 18, 2015
  8. Winuser Win User

Who's Will?

Winuser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft offers IT guidance to prepare for Windows as a Service - Similar Threads - Microsoft offers guidance

2. Is Avast-Services a contractor of Microsoft? It offered me service to unlock my computer,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Avast-Services a contractor of Microsoft? It offered me service to unlock my computer,...: In July, my computer was locked with a message from Microsoft Defender for me to call a phone number. I called the number and they said they were a Microsoft contractor. I paid them with the service and an additional $500 for another year of protection by credit card to...
  3. Is Avast-Services a contractor of Microsoft? It offered me service to unlock my computer,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Avast-Services a contractor of Microsoft? It offered me service to unlock my computer,...: In July, my computer was locked with a message from Microsoft Defender for me to call a phone number. I called the number and they said they were a Microsoft contractor. I paid them with the service and an additional $500 for another year of protection by credit card to...
  4. Starting Over - Guidance Request: What's the best way to prepare?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Starting Over - Guidance Request: What's the best way to prepare?: What's the best way to prepare for "starting over" with a fresh install of Win 10 Pro? I'm not talking about the steps to reset, refresh, etc. Rather, I'm looking for guidance on how I can get back to normal the fastest. Consider... I have a home LAN with IOT devices, IP...
  5. My computer offers an update, how do I prepare?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer offers an update, how do I prepare?: So my Asus Windows 10 is offering an update to server 2004 or something. Im asking if when I update, will I have to setup everything again? submitted by /u/WackyH [link] [comments]...
  6. Microsoft guidance on planning for new capabilities in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft guidance on planning for new capabilities in Windows 10: If you're looking for guidance on how to plan for new capabilities in Windows—and tie the benefits of staying up to date to real value for your end users and your business—this is the post for you. Today I'm going to walk you through existing...
  7. Microsoft Guidance for Disabling SMBv3 Compression in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Guidance for Disabling SMBv3 Compression in Windows 10: Microsoft is aware of a remote code execution vulnerability in the way that the Microsoft Server Message Block 3.1.1 (SMBv3) protocol handles certain requests. An attacker who successfully exploited the vulnerability could gain the ability to execute code on the target SMB...
  8. Six New and Improved Bing AI Offerings on Microsoft Cognitive Services

in Windows 10 News
    Six New and Improved Bing AI Offerings on Microsoft Cognitive Services: Today, we are announcing six new and advanced Bing Artificial Intelligence (AI) capabilities for Microsoft Cognitive Services. These new additions will enable innovative ways for users to interact with businesses and help them get rich, contextually-aware information. "The...
  9. Need guidance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need guidance: My sister needs a program that will let her make a burnable dvd/cd for a birthday present. I have absolutely NO experience in this field of things so I figured I would ask here. This program should be able to import and string together .jpgs, some video clips, music files...
  10. Microsoft - Customer Guidance for WannaCrypt attacks

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft - Customer Guidance for WannaCrypt attacks: Microsoft solution available to protect additional productsToday many of our customers around the world and the critical systems they depend on were victims of malicious “WannaCrypt” software. Seeing businesses and individuals affected by cyberattacks, such as the ones...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Preparing for windows as a service