Windows 10: Microsoft Office 2016 not opening up.

Discus and support Microsoft Office 2016 not opening up. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I tried to restart my PC. Nothing happened. I tried also to press change but nothing shown. I tried to uninstall it but it says "Access is denied."... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by John Elmer, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Microsoft Office 2016 not opening up.

I tried to restart my PC. Nothing happened. I tried also to press change but nothing shown. I tried to uninstall it but it says "Access is denied." What should I do?

Microsoft Office 2016 not opening up. [​IMG]

:)

John Elmer, Nov 12, 2015

2. How do I find /see ALL updates installed (Win 10)?

I had not set my updates to include Microsoft products, so the updates for Word 2016 and Excel 2016 were not installed. I was not aware of this setting, so I opened Word 2016 and updated via Create a new document > Files > Account > Update Options > Update
    Now. It kept spinning and spinning as it downloaded and never seemed to quit. So, eventually, I closed the Word 2016 window. Then a dialogue box popped up that said that it was installing the updates. I went back to Word 2016 > Create a new document >
    Files > Account > Update Options > Update Now and the message came back that Office 2016 was up to date.

However, I would like to see if those Office files were actually installed and what files they were. There is a list of Office 2016 updates (going back to the time I installed Office 2016). I just want to see what has been installed for Office 2016 since
    then.

These Office Updates (if installed via one of the Office applications)
    do not show up in Settings > Update and Security > Update History.

Neither do they show up under Control Panel> Programs > Programs and Features > Installed Updates as they would in Windows 7 or Vista.

So, how is it possible to find these Office 2016 updates on my Windows 10 machine??

KarenMullen, Nov 12, 2015
  3. making windows 10 compatible with other windows

Hi,

To better assist you, kindly clarify the following:

• Are you talking about Microsoft Offices?
    • What do you mean by other Operating System?
    • Are you pertaining on saving the file and opening it to other versions?
    If you save files using Office 2016 and you are going to open it on Office 2010 and other lower versions, the file won't open due to compatibility issue. But if you save a files from a lower version of Office and open it on Office 2016, files are opening
    because Office 2016 is an enhance/upgraded from lower versions.

For you to open files from Office 2016 to a lower version, you should change the save as type of Office version before clicking save. See picture below for sample:

Regards.

Angelo Bar, Nov 12, 2015
  4. Microsoft Office 2016 not opening up.

I tried to uninstall it, but when I install it again:

John Elmer, Nov 13, 2015
Thema:

Microsoft Office 2016 not opening up.

1. Microsoft Office 2016 not opening up. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Office 2016

2. Office 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 2016: I have Office 2016 and want to dictate to text in word, But am unable to turn it on through the File/options/general pathway, however there is no Office intelligent services listed under General for me to turn it on. So does my Office 2016 bundle include the necessary word...
  3. Office 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2016: I have Office 2016 and want to dictate to text in word, But am unable to turn it on through the File/options/general pathway, however there is no Office intelligent services listed under General for me to turn it on. So does my Office 2016 bundle include the necessary word...
  4. Office 2016

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office 2016: I HAD OFFICE 2016 DOWNLOADED, INSTALLED, AND ACTIVAED IN MY MS ACCOUNT. IT WAS INSTALLED AND WORKING ON A COMPUTER FOR A YEAR UNTIL I "CLEANED" THE COMPUTER AND UNINSTALLED IT. I RECENTLY DOWNLOADED AND REINSTALLEDIT ON THE SAME COMPUTER USED BEFORE. I COULD NOT ACTIVATE IT....
  5. Reinstall Microsoft Office 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Microsoft Office 2016: Hi, I have a laptop and I'm planning to replace my old ssd with a new one and I will reinstall windows 10. Do i need to uninstall my Microsoft Office 2016 before reinstalling windows 10? NOTE: I'm using one-off payment Microsoft Office Home & Student 2016 Thank you in...
  6. OFFICE 2016

OFFICE 2016: RESPECTED SIR/ MA'AM I WANT TO ASK A QUESTION THAT IS MICROSOFT OFFICE 2016 STILL AVAILABLE TO BE DOWNLOADED FOR FREE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2016/93c5c231-94de-44e9-a78b-35e78eed65ae
  7. Microsoft Office 2016 Problem?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Office 2016 Problem?: Got a problem. My grandfather wanted to install Office 16. Since he doesn't have a Microsoft account, he chose telephone activation. He couldn't handle the automated voice. As a result, he got a service representative. He deciphered the code to get the other numbers. But...
  8. Office 2016

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Office 2016: I had pruchased from Office Depot a license for Office 2016. My computer crashed and I had to reinstall and can't find my license number. Is there any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2016/6dfb2c1e-e29d-49c8-95a4-d58bc2809253"
  9. Loading Microsoft Office 2016

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Loading Microsoft Office 2016: just got a new pc. loading Microsoft Office 2016. it loads, but when i go to open an application i get an error message of Oxc004f200. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loading-microsoft-office-2016/b5bc5391-841a-421e-8fef-b665edb4c86d"
  10. Microsoft Office 2016

Microsoft Office 2016: I purchased Office 2016 and had it installed on my Windows 10 platform. Now, Office 2016 is no longer installed. Why the heavy handed update removal of Office? Why do I have to repeatedly reinstall this software? Why do I have to repeatedly prove I purchased this...