Windows 10: Microsoft Office and other permanent apps (or so I thought) are gone!

Discus and support Microsoft Office and other permanent apps (or so I thought) are gone! in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello *cry I did a reset earlier because I had this proxy problem (did the unchecking of the LAN settings and everything but it keeps rechecking). I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Winnie Abarquez, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Microsoft Office and other permanent apps (or so I thought) are gone!

Hello *cry
    I did a reset earlier because I had this proxy problem (did the unchecking of the LAN settings and everything but it keeps rechecking). I tried everything until I got tired with it and decided to do a reset.. also my laptop restarts randomly and I just bought this laptop a month ago so I thought it was no big of a deal since I chose not to delete my personal files kind of reset.
    All my apps are gone *Confused
    The MS Office, the WinRAR thing, windows defender and the likes.
    How do I get them?
    I bought this laptop (Lenovo) with Windows 10 as the OS, and I tried to go to Microsoft to download but I can't because it's asking me for product key *Sleepy I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DOOOOOOOO!!
    Microsoft costumer service is closed till Monday and I have to finish school stuffs *Sad
    Please help me. Please please!!!

:)

Winnie Abarquez, Mar 17, 2016

2. Why are there so less apps in Windows or Microsoft store.

Thanks for replying. But, now I am really becoming very sad to hear this. I hope one day Windows OS will become great again.

=============================

Actually we need Mr. Trump to make "Windows great again"

WoozyWig514888, Mar 17, 2016
  3. tekkPC Win User
    Why are there so less apps in Windows or Microsoft store.

In two years Microsoft will drop the App Store. Just like they did with Windows Mobile. There must be issues in their marketing department since they are failing to convince software developers to write apps for the platform. The app developers must figure
    that Windows 10 is a failure, so why waste their time and efforts on it.

From the desktop interface, live tiles, app store, available apps, broken and incomplete features, forced updates, and etc etc etc. Yes the security might be tight but it's not enough. So we are all stuck on the platform because the PC OEMs bound theirs
    products to the OS. I wanted to install Windows 7 on my Dell 5368 2&1 but Dell does not provide any Windows 7 drivers for the laptop. I might as well through the laptop in the trash. Linux is the only "possible" alternative to rid myself of Windows 10 for
    the laptop.

So MS will continue to patch, patch, and more patches on Windows 10 but never quite getting it right. It seems they break more things than they fix. Maybe they ought to focus more on fixing all the existing bugs for a few months before introducing new features.

tekkPC, Mar 17, 2016
  4. Microsoft Office and other permanent apps (or so I thought) are gone!

The messages I've seen, I believe, tell you that programs will be lost. You should have gotten recovery media with your computer to restore, including all the apps it came with. If you paid for Office, you should have a key in your documentation. If you didn't, you only had the trial installed, which can be reinstalled from here.

DeaconFrost, Mar 17, 2016
  5. Oh yeah :'(
    Is that a trial too? Is there no way I can recover them? And I need the Win RAR app and the Windows defender *Sad What have I done?!!!!

'

6. What is this? I saw "ms office key"? *Redface

7. The Office key is the license key you enter to make it the full app suite, not a trial so it won't stop working after a certain amount of time. You can download 7zip if you need a full archiving program. WinRar isn't free, so unless you paid for it, just use 7zip. If you only need to extract .zip files, Windows does that already. Windows Defender is built-in to Windows, so you have it already.

DeaconFrost, Mar 17, 2016
  8. Microsoft Office and other permanent apps (or so I thought) are gone!

"Office is installing in the background (27%)"
    SIR ARE YOU EVEN HUMAN?! <3
    Thank you so much for helping me I'm overwhelmed with happiness!
    You just helped me pass 2nd year college Mr., my Thesis is due on Monday that's why I badly needed Ms Office!
    THAAAAAANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

9. No problem at all. That's what we (this community) are here for. Good luck!

DeaconFrost, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Office and other permanent apps (or so I thought) are gone!

1. Microsoft Office and other permanent apps (or so I thought) are gone! - Similar Threads - Microsoft Office permanent

2. Office apps and other apps not downloaded from the Microsoft store not opening up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office apps and other apps not downloaded from the Microsoft store not opening up: Hi there,My laptop suddenly started this weird thing where I cannot open my office apps. Or other apps like VMware workstation, Adobe reader DC and steam. It always gives me an error message when I try to open them. It would be really great if you helped my out here. Thanks...
  3. Office apps and other apps not downloaded from the Microsoft store not opening up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Office apps and other apps not downloaded from the Microsoft store not opening up: Hi there,My laptop suddenly started this weird thing where I cannot open my office apps. Or other apps like VMware workstation, Adobe reader DC and steam. It always gives me an error message when I try to open them. It would be really great if you helped my out here. Thanks...
  4. Office apps and other apps not downloaded from the Microsoft store not opening up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Office apps and other apps not downloaded from the Microsoft store not opening up

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. no microsoft office apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    no microsoft office apps: hi thereso i hard reseted my cpu cuz i was about to give it away but then i kept it. so i started it and then after signing into my microsoft account and opening my computer mainscreeni go to the start menu only to find no microsoft office apps. i proceed to the micro store...
  7. Microsoft Office 2016 and 2019, WPS Office and other apps delay/lag in ribbon!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Office 2016 and 2019, WPS Office and other apps delay/lag in ribbon!: Heyo! I have an Acer Aspire 5 A1514-52KG with 4gb RAM, MX130 and 1TB HDD. I'm currently running on Windows Insider 20H2. Microsoft Office, WPS Office and other apps that have ribbon tend to lag/delay at first run. The things I tried so far: Disable Sysmain Disable Windows...
  8. Microsoft Store and other Apps gone after Reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and other Apps gone after Reset: I reset my Windows 10 pro on accident...I meant to refresh it. Now I don't haver Microsoft Store or several other third party apps and I can't open pics or other basic functions??? I've tried using Power Shell also....
  9. Any way to *permanently* remove "Microsoft Office Desktop Apps"?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to *permanently* remove "Microsoft Office Desktop Apps"?: Any way to *permanently* remove "Microsoft Office Desktop Apps"? I uninstall it, and every few days, she's back. submitted by /u/telrod11 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f3q9nr/any_way_to_permanently_remove_microsoft_office/
  10. Scammed By Someone I Thought Was Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scammed By Someone I Thought Was Microsoft: I was scammed by someone with an email who I thought was Microsoft support. Do I post the details on this forum, or somewhere else ? I may have selected the wrong Topic and Category - nothing else seemed to fit this situation. thanks...