Windows 10: Microsoft Office Click-to-Run Service / Cortana frustrations

Discus and support Microsoft Office Click-to-Run Service / Cortana frustrations in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; After running services.msc, I open "Microsoft Office Click-to-Run Service" properties and apply DISABLED. At some point, and I haven't determined what... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by kat330, Sep 4, 2017.

1. kat330 Win User

Microsoft Office Click-to-Run Service / Cortana frustrations

After running services.msc, I open "Microsoft Office Click-to-Run Service" properties and apply DISABLED. At some point, and I haven't determined what triggers it, because I check after turning on laptop after an overnight shutdown and it will still show as DISABLED -- for a while -- but at some point it will turn itself back to being AUTOMATIC. HOW does it override my direct instructions of DISABLED over and over? Similarly, I must play whack-a-mole ending Cortana within my Task Manager every new start of my HP Pavilion laptop. Frustrating.

:)

kat330, Sep 4, 2017
  2. cray34 Win User

Microsoft Office 2013 - Click to run default programmes

Thank you for that, however that was the problem. My Microsoft Office suite programmes were not showing when I wanted to 'open with'. They were in my apps, but not in my Control Panel programmes. I ended up having to contact Microsoft who managed to sort
    this for me by manually linking the programmes. It took about two hours of their time,, for which I am extremely grateful.

cray34, Sep 4, 2017
  3. Palcouk Win User
    Microsoft Office 2013 - Click to run default programmes

Generally if you undertake an Office repair, that resets the file associations, but if you also have installed some other Office type program that may overwrite the MS Office file Associations

Palcouk, Sep 4, 2017
Thema:

Microsoft Office Click-to-Run Service / Cortana frustrations

1. Microsoft Office Click-to-Run Service / Cortana frustrations - Similar Threads - Microsoft Office Click

2. FRUSTRATED?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FRUSTRATED?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with microsoft: the program will not let me reset my pins' so I cant use 365 that I am paying for or windows that I just paid for on a new computerwithout live agents to help it has taken a week with no help and I am very frustrated Microsoft doesn't seem care at all...
  3. FRUSTRATED?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FRUSTRATED?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with microsoft: the program will not let me reset my pins' so I cant use 365 that I am paying for or windows that I just paid for on a new computerwithout live agents to help it has taken a week with no help and I am very frustrated Microsoft doesn't seem care at all...
  4. Is there a way to stop Office click-to-run service from running in the backgroud.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to stop Office click-to-run service from running in the backgroud.: [ATTACH] This Office click-to-run service hogs up too much memory sometimes even when not using office apps. It is really anonying because sometimes it affets the performnce of other programs. Is there a way to permanently stop this service or configure it in such a way...
  5. Microsoft Click to Run Service has started consuming high CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Click to Run Service has started consuming high CPU: About a week ago, the click to run service started using 45% CPU even when zero office apps were running. The cooling fans on my laptop went into overdrive. Is this a result of a recent update? It seems to have been a problem 2 or 3 years ago. If I disable C-t-R will my...
  6. What triggers the "Office click to run" service?

What triggers the "Office click to run" service?: Hi all, Jet again OCTR is causing trouble... We've set the OCTR service on manual start so it doen't start at boot-up. The goal is to only start the service when someone opens an Office app. Somehow the service still gets trigger within an hour of booting and at random...
  7. Windows 10 is disabling Microsoft Office Click-to-run

Windows 10 is disabling Microsoft Office Click-to-run: After booting my PC, Windows 10 is disabling Microsoft Office Click-to-run. It occurs each time I boot the system. I found that Windows sets this service as disabled so I have to move into the Services Module and reset it to Automatic each time when I start the PC...
  8. Microsoft Office Click-to-run and Avast SecureLine service getting disabled after booting PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Office Click-to-run and Avast SecureLine service getting disabled after booting PC: Windows 10 is disabling 2 key services every time it starts up. The First is the Microsoft Office Click-to-run service which is needed to start Office 365 and the second is Avast SecureLine which is required for my VPN to run. Windows actually sets both of these as disabled....
  9. "Microsoft Office click to run (SxS)" taking my Disk space

"Microsoft Office click to run (SxS)" taking my Disk space: I just installed the windows update that came out yesterday and when I got on today my laptop is lagging with nothing open. So I checked my task manager and the Microsoft Office click to run (SxS) was/is taking up about 80-90% of my disk space. I have Microsoft office...
  10. Microsoft office click to run consuming bandwidth

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft office click to run consuming bandwidth: At the first i thought it one time download, but every time i start my PC its begin to downloading and take so long because of my slow internet connection. Is there a way to disable this process without disrupting my Microsoft Office 2016 ?. I dont mind this process to run...