Windows 10: Microsoft Office

Discus and support Microsoft Office in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I am still in the dark ages using Microsoft Office 2013. If I upgrade to a newer version, do I have to use the cloud to store everything or can I store... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jshaw42, Apr 16, 2016.

1. jshaw42 Win User

Microsoft Office

I am still in the dark ages using Microsoft Office 2013. If I upgrade to a newer version, do I have to use the cloud to store everything or can I store it on my own NAS?

:)

jshaw42, Apr 16, 2016

2. Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hi I am a Windows User / Microsoft User.

I have a problem with my laptop when I use it for a while (about 5-10 minutes) the taskbar goes black and when i close the applications I had open my whole desktop background and taskbar goes black and i have to reset my computer all the time (I have tried
    to watch youtube videos on how to fix it but it talks about the explorer having to be named explorer.exe and I already had that.

Please contact me if you find a resolution.)

Thanks Windows User/Microsoft User

** Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup **

Microsoft Office User, Apr 16, 2016
  3. Microsoft Office

You don't load Office to each user. The programs are loaded once and shared by all users. However, each user will have their own configuration set-ups and data files. Office will be available in All Apps under Microsoft Office.

Alan Russell, Apr 16, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Microsoft Office

Of course you can store everything on local devices with any version of Office.

5. jshaw42 Win User
    Love the signature Kari. I totally agree. Thanks for the response. I guess what worries me is the monthly fee. Is that only if you use the cloud storage?

jshaw42, Apr 16, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    I do not understand your question? If you buy a retail version of Office, there is no monthly fee. If you subscribe to Office365, there is a monthly or yearly fee. Subscription always includes the latest version of Office desktop applications, at the moment Office 2016.

7. Sven1458 Win User
    Why do you wand to upgrade to 2016? I still run office XP and I am not missing anything, as far as I can tell

Sven

Sven1458, Apr 16, 2016
  8. jshaw42 Win User

Microsoft Office

It's not 2016 I have in mind. A few of the businesses I deal with are using 2010 and there are a few changes in formatting of which they take advantage. I would like to be up to speed with them.

jshaw42, Apr 16, 2016
  9. Sven1458 Win User
    I don't have that problem, so disregard my post
    Sven

Sven1458, Apr 16, 2016
  10. jshaw42 Win User
    Thanks, Kari. You have cleared up a misconception of mine.

jshaw42, Apr 16, 2016
  11. you can store most anything anywhere that's available..
    - Cyberlink has a cloud facility as well..

BugMeister, Apr 16, 2016
  12. jshaw42 Win User
    Thanks to all for the suggestions. As for the storage, I think my NAS is quite sufficient.

jshaw42, Apr 17, 2016
  13. Microsoft Office

Did you mean to say you are using Office 2003? You mention wanting to be up to speed with clients who are using 2010.

If that is the case, you can find legit licenses for Office 2010 or 2013 online for a very low price, even as low as $20 and $30 respectively. Forums like this, which offer FS/FT sections are a great place to look.

DeaconFrost, Apr 17, 2016
  14. jshaw42 Win User
    Thanks, DeaconFrost. However, I am not clear on the meaning of FS/FT. Is that For Sale/For Trade?

jshaw42, Apr 17, 2016
  15. Yep, that's it. I am a long long time member at the [H]ardForums, and they routinely have people selling legit keys for very cheap.

DeaconFrost, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Office

1. Microsoft Office - Similar Threads - Microsoft Office

2. How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...: How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to contact you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-return-my-microsoft-office-key-i/cb313bd3-d59b-4d9a-b2ac-8571dfb2d321
  3. How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...: How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to contact you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-return-my-microsoft-office-key-i/cb313bd3-d59b-4d9a-b2ac-8571dfb2d321
  4. office 365, word, even clipchamp will not let me sign in to my personal microsoft account,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    office 365, word, even clipchamp will not let me sign in to my personal microsoft account,...: I booted up my desktop to work on an essay that i was writing on word but when i opened the file it said that something had been paused because i wasn't signed in. I clicked on the button to sign in multiple times and thought maybe it was bugged and would work if i signed out...
  5. office 365, word, even clipchamp will not let me sign in to my personal microsoft account,...

office 365, word, even clipchamp will not let me sign in to my personal microsoft account,...: I booted up my desktop to work on an essay that i was writing on word but when i opened the file it said that something had been paused because i wasn't signed in. I clicked on the button to sign in multiple times and thought maybe it was bugged and would work if i signed out...
  6. I have a surface laptop with windows 7. All microsoft office is working correctly except...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a surface laptop with windows 7. All microsoft office is working correctly except...: I have a surface laptop with windows 10 not 10s. All microsoft office is working correctly except power point. i get an error that states:Powerpoint.exe-Application Error.The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000005. click OK to close the application.what do I...
  7. I have a surface laptop with windows 7. All microsoft office is working correctly except...

I have a surface laptop with windows 7. All microsoft office is working correctly except...: I have a surface laptop with windows 10 not 10s. All microsoft office is working correctly except power point. i get an error that states:Powerpoint.exe-Application Error.The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000005. click OK to close the application.what do I...
  8. cant get microsoft office on my new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant get microsoft office on my new computer: i am having problems with microsoft 365 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-microsoft-office-on-my-new-computer/c65e58d4-7b50-415f-a16b-260be5c905df
  9. cant get microsoft office on my new computer

cant get microsoft office on my new computer: i am having problems with microsoft 365 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-microsoft-office-on-my-new-computer/c65e58d4-7b50-415f-a16b-260be5c905df
  10. cant get microsoft office on my new computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen