Windows 10: Microsoft on The World’s Most Ethical Companies list 5 years in a row

Discus and support Microsoft on The World’s Most Ethical Companies list 5 years in a row in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Trust is paramount to the success of any business. At Microsoft, we work hard to build and maintain trust through a shared commitment to ethical and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by ARC1020, Mar 9, 2015.

1. ARC1020 Win User

Microsoft on The World’s Most Ethical Companies list 5 years in a row

Source: http://blogs.microsoft.com/on-the-is...ears-in-a-row/

Source: http://ethisphere.com/worlds-most-ethical/wme-honorees/

Sooo, basically you can't go too wrong using a Dell PC, with Hitachi Harddrives, running Windows, with MS Office and Photoshop installed and using Google search. *Cool Oddly enough I'm not too far off that...

:)

ARC1020, Mar 9, 2015

2. How do we get a Windows 10 disk for Backups and Repairs?

MSFT or Microsoft stock may be looking bad to some degree currently but looks very good when you look at the past 5 years. Not many people seem to care for very long about the "games" of unreliability to the customer they are playing. The younger generation
    seems to throw away the old to adapt to the new way too fast, even when it comes to ethics. So there it is, I said it. The younger generation has no sense of ethics so when a company fails in the ethics area it goes unnoticed just so long as the popularity
    vote holds out. I fear another couple of cut throat moves by Microsoft in the next 5 years as Windows 10 slowly becomes the only supported software at Microsoft.

Jabber Yakker, Mar 9, 2015
  3. In Windows 10 , can I change Cortana search engine from Bing to Google?

Yeah, but who likes a company that oppressed, filtered and alter chinas information they could obtain from the internet for years. Thanks bing. And thanks Microsoft for partnering with the the worlds hated corp.

microsoftgreednunya, Mar 9, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Surprising to see Google on that list after having been in and out of court for years over mass harvesting and misappropriation of personal data!

Edwin, Mar 9, 2015
  5. Kari Win User
    I think that Microsoft is an ethical company, personally I have nothing to complain. However, the list itself and institution behind it is clearly just a business with no factual value; if a company like Adobe is on the list, the list can't be taken seriously. Adobe is not ethical, a company who tries everything they can to feed third party software to anyone downloading and installing their products like for instance the McAfee and Chrome / Chrome Toolbar which are offered and by default selected when downloading Flash Player or Adobe Reader and which many consumers do not notice therefore installing them, too.

Kari, Mar 9, 2015
  6. I'm surprised google is on that list. Their literal policy is to get up to the line of creepy and not cross it.

Coke Robot, Mar 9, 2015
  7. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Learned something new today. . .ain't life a wonderful thing. . .*Thumbs

8. groze Win User

I looked at the full list. *really

groze, Mar 10, 2015
  9. I don't see the French Potato company on the list...

FuturDreamz, Mar 11, 2015
  10. adamf Win User
    adamf, Mar 13, 2015
  11. davehc Win User
    Nice to see Dell at the top of the hardware list. In another thread I have just praised them for first class computer hardware.

It does look, on the surface, that the survey was biased toward US companies. Maybe the organisation should get out more.

As a Brit, I have to comment. Shame on the British companies for not getting a few more on the top list.

davehc, Mar 13, 2015
  12. Trust_No1 Win User
    I don't trust any of them, what is there to trust, their underlying goal is to make money.

Trust_No1, Mar 13, 2015
  13. Edwin New Member

That's usually what makes the business world go 'round!

Edwin, Mar 13, 2015
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    The goal of any business it to make money for the stock holders/owners. Business 101.. *Wink

BunnyJ, Mar 14, 2015
  15. Stve Win User
    So many US companies in the list , on Ethispere site i checked the about & contact links to find out where they were based ..no info I had to do a google search to confirm they were American.
    Add the fact they charge companies to participate & it looks totally worthless.

Especially amusing the top 5 most ethical hospitals were all in the US did a quick Google & came up with this .
    "6. A company as large as HCA is likely to encounter lawsuits, and some rather large ones have bubbled to the surface during the course of its history. One of the most noteworthy occurred in 2003, when the Department of Justice and HCA agreed to a $2 billion settlement, resolving allegations of Medicare and Medicaid fraud and physician kickbacks. HCA also reached multimillion-dollar settlements in 2000 and 2002 related to allegations of systematic overcharging of government payers, among other charges. Last year, The New York Times ran two investigative pieces that criticized the company's cardiac procedures and emergency department practices, claiming HCA has continued allegedly noncompliant practices raised in previous lawsuits. HCA has recently faced DOJ probes related to implantable cardiac defibrillators."
    http://www.beckershospitalreview.com...about-hca.html

Thema:

1. Microsoft on The World’s Most Ethical Companies list 5 years in a row - Similar Threads - Microsoft World’s Ethical

2. Blue screen 5 times in a row

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen 5 times in a row: Hello. My laptop just got a blue screen 5 times in a row as well as a "windows didn't restart properly" This started happening after I installed halo infinite with high res and campaign. After it started boom my laptop got blue screen and it kept getting it. I don't think...
  3. Blue screen 5 times in a row

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen 5 times in a row: Hello. My laptop just got a blue screen 5 times in a row as well as a "windows didn't restart properly" This started happening after I installed halo infinite with high res and campaign. After it started boom my laptop got blue screen and it kept getting it. I don't think...
  4. Blue screen 5 times in a row

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Directory Lists: Less space between rows; more rows of data on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directory Lists: Less space between rows; more rows of data on screen: Using Windows 11 and viewing directories, one sees a vertical space between the rows, which consist of icons and text. In Windows 11, can that space between the rows be reduced so that more lines of information may be seen on the screen?...
  6. Microsoft is the most **** company ever made

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft is the most **** company ever made: Microsoft is a joke, my xbox had the screen of death and i did everything to fix it and nothing worked i called microsoft and they said they xant fix anything what a damn **** joke of a company, no wonder nobody is buying the new xbox because microsoft is a joke.NOBODY BUY A...
  7. lack of microsoft code of ethics

lack of microsoft code of ethics: Who is it possible to get rid of the MS add driven piece of **** called BING How is it possible to get local control of my computer settings without contacting MS-works as well as US Post Office next day delivery-We guarantee it will arrive tomorrow, or not. If not there...
  8. ETHICAL HACKERS FROM MICROSOFT

ETHICAL HACKERS FROM MICROSOFT: please email me *** Email address is removed for privacy *** apparently monroe of inbox.com regarding wagering statistics of taxes from international registrations within the US until further notice...
  9. Minecraft worlds won't show up on the world list.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft worlds won't show up on the world list.: So when my laptop crashed while I was playing minecraft, the world disappeared. There was another question on here stating the same thing and one of the replys showed how to get it back. I went on the minecraft worlds folder and it was there but it never showed up on the...
  10. Microsoft surpasses Apple as most valuable company in the world

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft surpasses Apple as most valuable company in the world: Forget FAANG. The new tech heavyweight is ... Microsoft? Microsoft briefly overtook Apple to become the world's most valuable company on Tuesday, according to data from Refinitiv. Microsoft's rise is fueled by continued traction with cloud computing and its ability to avoid...