Windows 10: Microsoft Paint program, Need to mark on "Picture" obtained screenshot

Discus and support Microsoft Paint program, Need to mark on "Picture" obtained screenshot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My hand is a bit shaky using the Mouse to mark on the "picture"/"Photograph" obtained using Paint to capture a "PrtSrn" image. The editing "Tools" do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by billz, Mar 25, 2017.

1. billz Win User

Microsoft Paint program, Need to mark on "Picture" obtained screenshot

My hand is a bit shaky using the Mouse to mark on the "picture"/"Photograph" obtained using Paint to capture a "PrtSrn" image. The editing "Tools" do not appear to let me mark on the saved image , although I can mark it using the "tools" provided before I saved the image in question. Its a bit rough with a mouse.
    I expect I will need some kind of tablet screen and a "pen" to use with it, being able to apply text, copied from Word 2007 Home and Student. would save my shaky hand writing, and be more legible. I have done this in the past following You Tube and How to wilki - using pdf's and pasting patches of text or blanks, but Paint saves images as png (Portable network graphics), this is new to me.
    Is their any way I could use my android tablets, galaxcy, Hudl, as an input device with a special "pen" to save buying another piece of kit.
    I am forgetful I wish to have a tangible record of my tangled computerised records of what is where concerning documents etc when I leave off half way I have to start again.

:)

billz, Mar 25, 2017

2. paint 3d

You can change what program is used by default. Just right-click the picture, choose "Open With" and then "Choose Default". Pick the one you want, and from then on your pictures will open with that new program instead of Paint 3D.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 25, 2017
  3. grschinon Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Mar 25, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, Paint can save other file types too if that helps at all:

Microsoft Paint program, Need to mark on "Picture" obtained screenshot [​IMG]

(jpg written by Paint)

If you are familiar with editing pdfs, you could convert your image file to pdf, then add text.

dalchina, Mar 25, 2017
  5. billz Win User
    Hi dalchina,
    No I have only copied youtube to place blank patches on a document index to cover an unwanted section.
    I can mark on to the saved screenshot page, but after saving to try and update the file it comes back as before.
    similarly I copied your screenshot and saved it Jpeg, and the same happened. marking gets wiped off, back to 1st copy.

Regards,

billz, Mar 26, 2017
  6. clam1952 Win User
    Suggestion, forget Paint and get hold of paint.net which is a free graphics program, you will be able to use the text tool to write on the images.

Paint.NET - Download

clam1952, Mar 26, 2017
  7. billz Win User
    Hi dalchina,
    Thank you for the information.

Regards,

billz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Paint program, Need to mark on "Picture" obtained screenshot - Similar Threads - Microsoft Paint program

2. Screenshots are not showing up in the "Screenshot" folder in the picture folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshots are not showing up in the "Screenshot" folder in the picture folder: I had onedrive installed on my laptop previously, but it wasn't signed in or set up, I also disabled the auto start on startup for onedrive since I don't use it and won't like to get my files backed up, but I noticed one thing, for some reason, my "Documents", "Pictures" and...
  3. Screenshots are not showing up in the "Screenshot" folder in the picture folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screenshots are not showing up in the "Screenshot" folder in the picture folder: I had onedrive installed on my laptop previously, but it wasn't signed in or set up, I also disabled the auto start on startup for onedrive since I don't use it and won't like to get my files backed up, but I noticed one thing, for some reason, my "Documents", "Pictures" and...
  4. Paint Program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint Program: All the blacks in my drawings using the Paint Program are fading to gray. WHY??? And how can I get back my original pure blacks?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-program/2301b343-4213-4fa1-a95c-4a720e8f8075
  5. Paint Program

Paint Program: All the blacks in my drawings using the Paint Program are fading to gray. WHY??? And how can I get back my original pure blacks?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-program/2301b343-4213-4fa1-a95c-4a720e8f8075
  6. Copy/Paste images from Pictures into Microsoft Paint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy/Paste images from Pictures into Microsoft Paint: Hello,I work a lot with images and it is essential for me to know the dimensions of an image I am about to copy and paste. In the Pictures folder on the C drive, I obviously get this information by hovering over the image BUTwhen I copied my entire Pictures folder to a...
  7. How to add a Transparent Image over Screenshot with Microsoft Paint

in Windows 10 News
    How to add a Transparent Image over Screenshot with Microsoft Paint: [ATTACH]Although Microsoft Paint is an old app, its utility in performing various tasks hardly has any match. For example, you can use the app to […] This article How to add a Transparent Image over Screenshot with Microsoft Paint first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  8. I need the old program "Paint", not Paint 3D.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need the old program "Paint", not Paint 3D.: What is the site where I can get the old Paint software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-the-old-program-paint-not-paint-3d/398391b1-bece-4d85-be13-9df14bc162ed"
  9. rotating a picture in paint

rotating a picture in paint: How can I rotate a picture over some degrees (e.g. 4%) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotating-a-picture-in-paint/fff95469-2350-4e8d-9c27-e978d8e3dda3
  10. No screenshot folder in picture folder.

in Windows 10 Customization
    No screenshot folder in picture folder.: All my screenshots are going to onedrive. I have stopped the auto upload but there is no screenshot folder in C drive/ Pictures. How do I fix this. Grateful for so help. I have spent all morning with no luck. Even tried the registry fix. Cheers...