Windows 10: Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Discus and support Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation Applies to •Windows 10 •Windows 10 Mobile When you set up Microsoft Passport in Windows 10,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Cluster Head, May 24, 2016.

1. Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...g-pin-creation

:)

Cluster Head, May 24, 2016
  2. srfreeman Win User

Microsoft Passport Container access denied. No MS suggested fix works.

It is quite impossible for anyone in the forum to know whether it is best for you to do a clean install or not. It is solely your choice, however, it would solve many of your issues, once you understand how the choices available in the installation process
    affect how your device is going to be used.

It seems that most of your problems come from a lack of understanding the 4 types of authentication available in Windows 10:

• No password
    • Password
    • Key based
    • Certificate based
    As well, the understanding that shifting from one method to another during the same session can be quite problematic.

Again, this lack of understanding is indicated by your own statements, such as; "My Microsoft account does indeed have a password and a pin."

Microsoft Passport in Windows 10 is what allows methods 3 and 4. Key based and Certificate based authentication can be a complex subject on their own. Windows 10 attempts to remove or hide much of the complexity during the installation process. Simply creating
    a personal identification number (PIN) during installation allows for the use of Microsoft Passport and its inherent authentication resources.

For more complete understanding of Microsoft Passport in Windows 10, it is probably best to start with the official documentation:

https://technet.microsoft.com/library/mt219735.aspx

srfreeman, May 24, 2016
  3. My PIN doesn't work out of nowhere and cant set a new one

Hello,

Using Windows Hello and adding a PIN are more secured than setting up a complex password since there is still a chance that someone can guess your password, but never your face, which is what Windows Hello is all about. It is a more personal way of logging
    in to your account.

As per the issue description, since you are using your old PIN, can you try to use a new one instead and check if the issue is the same? Also, is there any error message that we miss out while you were trying to sign in.

You can check out this link:
    Windows Hello errors during PIN creation
    . This contains a list of error codes that you may have with the issue. It also provides troubleshooting step for each specific error codes.

Do not hesitate to contact us back for further help.

Jennifer Bri, May 24, 2016
Thema:

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

1. Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation - Similar Threads - Microsoft Passport errors

2. Stuck at PIN creation step during new PC startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck at PIN creation step during new PC startup: Hello,I am trying to startup a brand new PC, but I get stuck at PIN creation step.I have read other threads, but cannot go any further if I don't connect to the wifi, because the first step that is required is the login to the outlook account.Please help.Regards,Carlo...
  3. PIN Creation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Creation: I got a new computer and changed one of the settings so I would have to login every time my computer timed out, but when I went to sign in, it told me to create a pin after I signed into my account. However, it popped up with an error message saying that it wasn't able to...
  4. PIN Creation

PIN Creation: I got a new computer and changed one of the settings so I would have to login every time my computer timed out, but when I went to sign in, it told me to create a pin after I signed into my account. However, it popped up with an error message saying that it wasn't able to...
  5. PIN Creation

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Error During a Backup Copy Creation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error During a Backup Copy Creation: I have tried to create an .iSO backup copy of the system and all the programs installed on it by going to Control Panel > System and Security > File History System Image Backup > Create a system image > On a hard disk.The following is the information about the system disk:The...
  7. Error During a Backup Copy Creation

Error During a Backup Copy Creation: I have tried to create an .iSO backup copy of the system and all the programs installed on it by going to Control Panel > System and Security > File History System Image Backup > Create a system image > On a hard disk.The following is the information about the system disk:The...
  8. Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.: Log Name: System Source: volmgr Date: 8/2/2021 5:17:57 PM Event ID: 161 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: 5800X-WORKSTATION Description: Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation. Event Xml:...
  9. pin creation

in Windows 10 Customization
    pin creation: I am running Windows 10 pro version 1803 OS Build 17134.915 and trying to set up a login PIN I go to sign in options re-renter my password then choose add PIN then set up PIN the window then comes up asking for New PIN and Confirm PIN, but I am unable to type in either of...
  10. Microsoft Passport and Microsoft Passport for Work?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Passport and Microsoft Passport for Work?: I would like to use a feature called MS Passport or MS Passport for Work. I did some research on this feature and many articles say that you must sign up for a MS Account in order to do this. Can I create a MS Passport PIN just by using my local account instead by going...