Windows 10: Microsoft Photos app crashes after recent update.

Discus and support Microsoft Photos app crashes after recent update. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, The Microsoft Photos app recently got updated on my PC, after which I noticed a new App start appearing in my Start Menu: Video Editor.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kiran J. Holla, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Microsoft Photos app crashes after recent update.

Hi,

The Microsoft Photos app recently got updated on my PC, after which I noticed a new App start appearing in my Start Menu: Video Editor.

However, after this update, both the Microsoft Photos app as well as the new Video Editor app, both crash when starting up.

Thanks to this, I have lost the ability to view photos on my machine! There are no alternatives I have found in the store that effectively replace this app; hence, I am stuck!

I have tried the following to fix this issue but in vain:

1. Uninstall and reinstall the Microsoft Photos app

I ran the following command to completely remove the Microsoft Photos app from my PC

get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

I then reinstalled the app from the Microsoft Store. No luck! Still crashes.

2. Run sfc /scannow

I ran the command sfc /scannow, but it did not find any issues and simply came back stating "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

I checked the event viewer to check if there is any comprehensible error that is logged when the app crashes, but found only the following:

Faulting application name: Microsoft.Photos.exe, version: 2018.18051.17710.0, time stamp: 0x5b4c53ea

Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.17134.81, time stamp: 0x4f4899f8

Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x00000000006a4e02

Faulting process id: 0x1ab4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4242b7c4dd9d6

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2018.18051.17710.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Microsoft.Photos.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

Report Id: 2ca1701b-ecb6-493d-93d4-492404bdb639

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2018.18051.17710.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Any help?

Thanks,

KH

:)

Kiran J. Holla, Jul 25, 2018
  2. abn505 Win User

Photo App Crashes

The latest Microsoft update on 8/28/2015 fixed the crashing problem.

abn505, Jul 25, 2018
  3. lxROKxl Win User
    Windows 10 Photos App crashing when in the edit menu

Hello everyone!
    Just recently (within the week) my Photos Application has started crashing

Microsoft Photos app crashes after recent update. [​IMG]

This happens most often when I'm in the editing menu

Sometimes it crashes on startup - Sometimes when I enter the Editing Menu - Sometimes when I attempt to edit

Things I've attempted to do to fix
    • Uninstall and reinstall the app
    • Contact Microsoft Support (cringe)
    • sfc /scannow
    • Restore Libraries to default
    • Created another local account
    • Clear the app cache
    • Check disk health (extremely healthy)
    • Add a Microsoft Account / Connect a Microsoft account
    • Put photos in a different folder / drive
    • The system Troubleshooter.

NOTHING HAS WORKED

Possible Causes .
    • My photos are located on another disk Microsoft Photos app crashes after recent update. :)G) - I have an SSD (128GB) for boot - A 1TB regular drive for Programs and another 1 TB drive for documents/photos/etc.

I've followed every guide possible and still nothing has worked. I need some serious help *Mad
    So strange how it just started happening, Please help, any suggestions are appreciated as this is a major headache for me!

lxROKxl, Jul 25, 2018
  4. ben201 Win User

Microsoft Photos app crashes after recent update.

Windows Photos App crashes

So since today my Photos App is crashing as soon as i open it. It goes into a blackscreen for about 2-3 Seconds and than crashes.

Information about the error:
    This Crash is generating chrash dumps that contain the error code 0xC0000602 in module mrt100_app.dll or 0xc000027b in module twinapi.appcore.dll.

I found two intresting facts about the error:
    - If I try a system restore to a point created 3 days ago, the App starts working again. A few minutes after using the system, the app starts crashing again.
    - I created a new local account and the app does seem to work on that new account until now.

Steps I have tried:
    - Reinstall Photos app by uninstalling it using Powershell and rerisntalling it - did not change anything
    - Reregister the App - did not change anything
    - Scan the System with sfc and dism - no errors
    - Use System resstore - see above, did only work for a few minutes.

Microsoft Support suggested reinstalling Windows, but I do non really want to reinstall the whole system just because one app is not working...

ben201, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Photos app crashes after recent update.

1. Microsoft Photos app crashes after recent update. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos app

2. Microsoft Photos App Copy photo broken with recent update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photos App Copy photo broken with recent update: Hi Community,I am an avid photographer and take many pictures sorting them down to the best ones to print, sell, etc. I used to double click a picture in a folder; opening the photos app. I would find the photos I wanted and copy Control+C and paste Control+P from the open...
  3. Microsoft Photos App Copy photo broken with recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos App Copy photo broken with recent update: Hi Community,I am an avid photographer and take many pictures sorting them down to the best ones to print, sell, etc. I used to double click a picture in a folder; opening the photos app. I would find the photos I wanted and copy Control+C and paste Control+P from the open...
  4. Microsoft Photos App Copy photo broken with recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft photos app crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft photos app crashing: I was excited to read recently that Microsoft Photos is supposed to replicate some of Google Photos' functionality, like searching for specific things pictured in a library of photos butterfly, dog, statue of liberty. I've added a folder of about 100 photos to it...
  6. Microsoft photos app crashing

Microsoft photos app crashing: I was excited to read recently that Microsoft Photos is supposed to replicate some of Google Photos' functionality, like searching for specific things pictured in a library of photos butterfly, dog, statue of liberty. I've added a folder of about 100 photos to it...
  7. Photos app along with other microsoft store apps not opening after recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Photos app along with other microsoft store apps not opening after recent update: Updated my windows 10 today and now the microsoft apps dont work such as the photos app. It says this app cant open. I cant even open the microsoft store anymore so i dont know what to do now......
  8. Photos app missing after recent update

Photos app missing after recent update: Split from this thread. ms photo is missing after recent update. now cannot reinstall from ms store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-missing-after-recent-update/03e4aaaf-15da-4409-a72b-a4c230e46e2e
  9. crash after recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    crash after recent update: after the update my laptop now loads to a blank desktop and cant operate anything , and have the error message : location is not available , c:windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable . etc please see pictures attached , this has been going on for a while...
  10. crash after recent update

in Windows 10 Customization
    crash after recent update: after the update my laptop now loads to a blank desktop and cant operate anything , and have the error message : location is not available , c:windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable . etc please see pictures attached , this has been going on for a while...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft.photos.exe 0xc000027b

2. Microsoft photos app exception 0xc000027b

3. windows photos.exe 0x000027b

4. photos crash fault 0xc000027b,
  5. windows 10 photo app exception code 0xc000027b,
  6. photos 0xc000027b,
  7. windows 10 photo app calculator crash Windows.UI.Xaml.dll,
  8. photos exception code: 0xc000027b,
  9. error Microsoft.Photos.exe 0xc000027b,
  10. windows photo 0xc000027b,
  11. 0xc000027b and photos,
  12. microsoft.photo.exe 0xc000027b,
  13. faulting application name: microsoft.photos.exe Exception code: 0xc000027b,
  14. microsoft photos exception code 0xc000027b,
  15. photo Windows.UI.Xaml.dll