Windows 10: Microsoft Photos app to get better video editing features

Discus and support Microsoft Photos app to get better video editing features in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you haven’t been living under a rock, you know that the world is now home to a lot more “creators” than what was in it a few years ago. The reason... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 17, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft Photos app to get better video editing features

If you haven’t been living under a rock, you know that the world is now home to a lot more “creators” than what was in it a few years ago. The reason behind this is not just talent, it is because of a large number of tools available. By tools, we mean apps that are on your smartphone or PC. Video editing applications in smartphones have come a long way from tools used to trim or merge videos. Some applications are powerful enough for some professional quality editing. The best thing about these apps is that there is no learning curve to it. While most professional video editing applications are available on PC, they aren’t meant for people who just wanna edit videos in a jiffy.

Microsoft’s Photos app received a major update with the Windows 10 Creators update. It got the ability to create videos by joining smaller videos and photos. It also got the ability to add music, filters, text, etc. With recent updates, Microsoft also added the option to add 3D objects and animations.

One great feature with the Microsoft Photos app is that it will automatically make videos by grouping photos and videos you captured from a particular location or on a particular album. All you have to do is select a Theme and add a title. The app itself will crop the videos, frame the photos and add relevant filters. Once the editing is complete, you can export the video in various resolutions depending on your need. We can say that Microsoft Photos is the best app for creating videos quickly. All this is gonna get better as Microsoft is adding improvements to the video editing options in the app.

One new feature coming to the Photos app is Title Cards. This particular feature is used to create an animation showcasing your title. It can either be added to the beginning of the video or at a later part. You can choose different themes, color, and duration for this animation. The Title Card feature is shown below in a tweet by Aggiornamenti Lumia.

"Title card" is the next upcoming cool feature for #MicrosoftPhotos. Have a sneak peak here https://t.co/1NjUiTq2ks pic.twitter.com/rEiFr70QLH

— Aggiornamenti Lumia (@ALumia_Italia) July 13, 2018

This feature is quite different from the simple option of adding text within the video. In that case, you can’t change the duration or add a background. This feature is under testing and you can also test it if you are a Fast Ring Insider.

Microsoft has also changed the menu icons in the app. It is also available in the app if you are a Fast Ring Insider.

Microsoft is also improving the AI used to create the Automatic videos. In the near future, the app would be able to select themes on its own and create videos without your help.

If you still haven’t used the Photos app to create custom videos, you should try it now itself. There is no learning curve. Anyone can do it and the result is always fantastic. Just make sure you are using the latest version of the app.

One thing to note here is that the video editing features are only available to Windows 10 PC and not Windows 10 Mobile, in case it wasn’t obvious.

The post Microsoft Photos app to get better video editing features appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 17, 2018

2. editing video in windows 10 photo app

Thanks for the information.

If the issue happened after installing the Polarr Pro, we suggest that you uninstall the app first and check if the photo app will work.

To uninstall a program in Windows 10, follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Look for Programs and Features.
    • Right-click Polarr Pro.
    • Click Uninstall.

Get back to us with the result.

Ronalene Mat, Jul 17, 2018
  3. lxROKxl Win User
    Windows 10 Photos App crashing when in the edit menu

Hello everyone!
    Just recently (within the week) my Photos Application has started crashing

Microsoft Photos app to get better video editing features [​IMG]

This happens most often when I'm in the editing menu

Sometimes it crashes on startup - Sometimes when I enter the Editing Menu - Sometimes when I attempt to edit

Things I've attempted to do to fix
    • Uninstall and reinstall the app
    • Contact Microsoft Support (cringe)
    • sfc /scannow
    • Restore Libraries to default
    • Created another local account
    • Clear the app cache
    • Check disk health (extremely healthy)
    • Add a Microsoft Account / Connect a Microsoft account
    • Put photos in a different folder / drive
    • The system Troubleshooter.

NOTHING HAS WORKED

Possible Causes .
    • My photos are located on another disk Microsoft Photos app to get better video editing features :)G) - I have an SSD (128GB) for boot - A 1TB regular drive for Programs and another 1 TB drive for documents/photos/etc.

I've followed every guide possible and still nothing has worked. I need some serious help *Mad
    So strange how it just started happening, Please help, any suggestions are appreciated as this is a major headache for me!

lxROKxl, Jul 17, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Video Formats Accepted by Photos for video editing

Hi Tim, from reading your requirement with regard to video editing. I would suggest a free 3rd party piece of software called Lightworks.

It is absolutely free and fully featured and I think it will suit your needs better that the functionality built into the Photos app in the Fall Creators Edition!

https://www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_lwks&...

DaveM121, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Photos app to get better video editing features - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos app

2. Cannot edit videos with Photo App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot edit videos with Photo App: Hi, the photo app in my new acer swift3 laptop does not allow any video edit functions, unlike my previous Acer laptop. I've tried several things: 1 Check windows update several times to confirm that I have all latest patches updated 2 Tried to install Photo app again, but...
  3. Photos App video editing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos App video editing: Spent an hour about a month ago trimming editing and adding BGM to a video, spent about an hour working on it, and when I rendered it seems like the app added this hue layer to everything, it made the sky purple or green in some cases, and made the water look pink. It was...
  4. Photos App not working for video editing

Photos App not working for video editing: After spending an hour editing a video, when I tried to complete it like I have many times I got an error message about disk space. I have plenty of disk space so I did a restart. I tried to complete the video again and got error message 0x887A0005 that I need to update my...
  5. Photos app - creation or editing of videos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Photos app - creation or editing of videos: I have purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 Home 1903 version not an "N" version as far as I can see. The Photos app does not allow the creation or editing of videos, despite updating the app. This is really important to me. Is there a media pack or something else I can...
  6. Microsoft Photo App - Edit feature - Automatic Enhancement feature not working

Microsoft Photo App - Edit feature - Automatic Enhancement feature not working: All Aspects of the Edit features are working fine. However, the "Enhancement" icon does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photo-app-edit-feature-automatic/1ef5071f-3c44-4383-83c5-3f2c669b2aa0
  7. Video Editing/Remix Missing From Microsoft Photos App

Video Editing/Remix Missing From Microsoft Photos App: In the past few weeks, I have been using the video editor feature in the Photos App on my laptop (latest Windows 10 build, Insider) However, I have noticed yesterday that the feature is missing. I have tried everything including resetting, uninstalling and reinstall, talking...
  8. Uploading existing videos into the Microsoft Photos app for editing

Uploading existing videos into the Microsoft Photos app for editing: I do not see a way to upload existing videos in to the MS Photos app, yet everything on the store page says you can edit existing videos in that app. I have previously used Windows Movie Maker but that is not compatible with my new laptop. I have watched youtube videos...
  9. Photos App Video Editing

Photos App Video Editing: I have a problem when i add a 3d effect to a video I cant move it or resize it after adding it. I tried to fix the problem and to reset the app from the WINDOWS TROUBLESHOTER, but nothing have changed. when i click the effect to drag it , it's acting like I'm pressing on...
  10. Video editing features missing in Windows 10 Photos app

Video editing features missing in Windows 10 Photos app: The Photos app in my Windows 10 only have the option to create albums. No create or remix videos like what the Windows tutorial shows. I have updated Windows 10 to the latest version. I have tried reinstalling the Photos app with PowerShell, still no editing feature. Does...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Video editor feature missing Photos app

2. ismicrosft getting better video editing