Windows 10: Microsoft Photos Changing Default "Save As" folder

Discus and support Microsoft Photos Changing Default "Save As" folder in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This problem just started when Microsoft Photos updated in 2023. When I open a photo, edit it, and then click "save as", it wants to save in the last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Diane440, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Diane440 Win User

Microsoft Photos Changing Default "Save As" folder

This problem just started when Microsoft Photos updated in 2023. When I open a photo, edit it, and then click "save as", it wants to save in the last folder where I was working previously. I want it to go back to how it used to be and when you click "save as" , it saves into the same folder as the original photo and renames the file to show it is a copy. For example: original file is 1.jpg then the "save as" file would be 12.jpg. Just how it used to be. I cannot find a setting anywhere to change this. I've seen this question asked before on Microsoft community but not answered. Someone ha

:)

Diane440, Nov 29, 2023

2. Photos saving to a different folder

Hi Ricky,

Thank you for showing interest in Windows 10.

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction to fix the issue. However, I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue in order to provide
    you with better assistance.

• Which application you are using for editing photos?
    • Are you logged in as administrator account?
    • The folder where the saved file move, does that folder too have that photo previously?
    I would you to set picture library as default and then see if it helps you to fix the issue. Refer to the steps provided below to restore it to default.

• Press Windows key + Q.
    • Type Libraries in the search box.
    • Right click on Pictures, Select
      properties.
    • Click on Restore Defaults.
    • Click Apply and then OK.

Do get back to us with all these information and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Nov 29, 2023
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Nov 29, 2023
  4. Microsoft Photos Changing Default "Save As" folder

Change photo tags for upload...not afterwards

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to sort the photos by date in the saved location and check if it helps.

To do so, follow the below steps:

• Open the folder where the photos are saved.

• Click on View tab.

• Click Group by, then click Date.
    Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Nov 29, 2023
Thema:

Microsoft Photos Changing Default "Save As" folder

1. Microsoft Photos Changing Default "Save As" folder - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos Changing

2. How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?: How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-the-default-save-folder-and-file/40bf232b-cdab-4115-ade2-72961e3f4ec7
  3. How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?: How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-the-default-save-folder-and-file/40bf232b-cdab-4115-ade2-72961e3f4ec7
  4. Microsoft Photos Changing Default "Save As" folder

Microsoft Photos Changing Default "Save As" folder: This problem just started when Microsoft Photos updated in 2023. When I open a photo, edit it, and then click "save as", it wants to save in the last folder where I was working previously. I want it to go back to how it used to be and when you click "save as" , it saves into...
  5. How to change default saving folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change default saving folders in Windows 10: HelloI used to customise where all attachments from outlook, saved webpages., Word doc, Excel,... pdf,....etc are saved by default.For some reason this has changed and now all go somewhere else in the C drive and every single time I have to type where it should go. This is...
  6. How to change default saving folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change default saving folders in Windows 10: HelloI used to customise where all attachments from outlook, saved webpages., Word doc, Excel,... pdf,....etc are saved by default.For some reason this has changed and now all go somewhere else in the C drive and every single time I have to type where it should go. This is...
  7. How to change default saving folders in Windows 10

8. Change Default Folder in "Save As" Window

Change Default Folder in "Save As" Window: [ATTACH] Currently save as dialog opens to “This PC” and a Domain Folder on a VPN Network which I rarely work on. Because I don’t normally connect to these folders it goes looking for them and takes a long time to determine that they are not there. I would like it to open...
  9. Default save folder

Default save folder: I notice on two occasions when I downloaded a PDF from a web portal, it saved it under Network. Obviously, that is not where I want it to go. In Settings > Storage > Change where new content is saved, it just shows the C drive. There is no drop down menu. Is there a way...
  10. saved photo folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    saved photo folder: ight so I'm tryna make a slideshow for my home screen and I gathered images for it and they is saved in my photos but when I go to create a slideshow my images don't appear and nothin is in my saved photos folder so I cant make it? if yall don't understand lemme rephrase it....