Windows 10: Microsoft Photos doesn't recognize photos starting with "P"

Discus and support Microsoft Photos doesn't recognize photos starting with "P" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In the version of Photos that I'm using on my new computer (Lenovo Yoga 720) I got in April, the app doesn't find any pictures whose name starts with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by beersbearsbeers, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Microsoft Photos doesn't recognize photos starting with "P"

In the version of Photos that I'm using on my new computer (Lenovo Yoga 720) I got in April, the app doesn't find any pictures whose name starts with P, which is all the pictures from my camera. It recognizes videos (from camera new and old) and pictures that start with numbers and older pictures starting with "I", but not the pictures I'd actually want to view and edit. I haven't found a solution with some troubleshooting and looking for other people with the same issue. I thought at first it might be a problem with finding pictures in a Google Drive folder (G:/My Drive/Google Drive...) for some reason, but it finds all those files not starting with P. If I change the name of the file and delete the P, Photos finds and can display the picture right away.

Oddly, I had Windows 10 on my prior computer (also a Lenovo Yoga model) and didn't have this issue. Anyone else had this issue or know a solution?

:)

beersbearsbeers, Jul 19, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

New Memorex Mirror for Photos Simplifies Photo Backup

Today’s consumers are looking for simple technology solutions that allow them to swiftly and safely back up their ever-growing digital photo collection. With a quick, one-time software installation, the Memorex Mirror for Photos external hard drive automatically backs up photos when connected to the computer without having to open numerous settings, dialogs or having to navigate multiple menus.

Mirror for Photos is a fast, smart and maintenance-free method of backing up photos and takes the guesswork out of protecting one’s precious memories. Its built-in software automatically runs each time the device is connected to a PC or MAC, finds photos and backs them up. This eliminates the hassle of manually backing up photos each time they are uploaded on a computer. A unique monitoring feature detects when new photos are present and reminds the user to connect Mirror for Photos.

Microsoft Photos doesn't recognize photos starting with "P" 116a_thm.jpg

“As people’s digital libraries continue to grow, they understand how critical it is to preserve those moments, yet are often intimidated with the notion of backing up,” said Jess Walton, Memorex brand manager. “Mirror for Photos provides even non tech-savvy users with a quick, simple and maintenance-free method for backing up and protecting precious memories.”

Mirror for Photos’ compact, space-saving design – at 3x5x1/2 inches – also eliminates the need for power cords, thanks to its simple USB-bus powered connection. The product’s user-inspired packaging also boasts easy-to-understand icons that convey product features, attributes and applications.

Memorex Mirror for Photos is available in three sizes, 320GB, 500GB and 640GB, or an estimated capacity of 64,000, 100,000 and 128,000 high-resolution photos* respectively. Mirror for Photos (320GB model) is currently available at Toys“R”Us. Suggested retail prices for capacities are:
    • $79.99 for the 320GB Mirror for Photos
    • $99.99 for the 500GB Mirror for Photos
    • $119.99 for the 640GB Mirror for Photos

btarunr, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Steve C Win User
    Unable to get Win10 to recognize EPSON 4870 Photo Scanner

I'll walk you though the steps I do to install my Perfection 1200. I have to do this periodically for some reason to reestablish the 'non-standard' Perfection 2400 driver.

1. Right click on the scanner in Device Manager (as Admin) and select Update Driver. Then select the option to browse my computer for driver software.

Microsoft Photos doesn't recognize photos starting with "P" [​IMG]

2. Then select Let me pick from a list of device drivers....

3. Select Imaging Devices from the next list.

4. Finally, select the correct Epson driver you have installed then click Next. If it isn't listed then something has gone wrong with the driver installation.

5. Hopefully, the scanner should now work?

Steve C, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Microsoft Photos doesn't recognize photos starting with "P"

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Photos doesn't recognize photos starting with "P"

1. Microsoft Photos doesn't recognize photos starting with "P" - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos doesn't

2. Microsoft Photos App will not start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos App will not start: It seems this is a problem that has no definitive solution, I too have spent hours trolling through forums trying to find a fix but have just about given up.I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling via Powershell admin "get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos*...
  3. Microsoft Photos App will not start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos App will not start: It seems this is a problem that has no definitive solution, I too have spent hours trolling through forums trying to find a fix but have just about given up.I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling via Powershell admin "get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos*...
  4. Microsoft photos doesn't work

Microsoft photos doesn't work: why microsoft photos isn"t working and in the store shows that there is a problem in it and asks me to reinstall it but this does not work ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-doesnt-work/323f5021-b9cf-40cd-bb18-11f458f02745
  5. Microsoft photos didn't start.

Microsoft photos didn't start.: I have updated microsoft photos from microsoft store. But when I click a photo to view it shows the following: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-didnt-start/479d6678-663c-489d-9a1d-d58a271a2404
  6. Microsoft Photos didin't start.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Photos didin't start.: While trying to open pictures through Microsoft Photos app I am facing this trouble. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-didint-start/365c77fe-b743-4c66-9ad0-e9440bed8519
  7. W10 Photo App not recognizing all photos

W10 Photo App not recognizing all photos: My live tile did not work well so I reset it and when I did ALL my 7000 photos and people in this photo app were deleted also . I cannot get the Photo app to again find the 50 people and the recognized people . It only finds a dozen people and a few picture for each. The...
  8. Microsoft Photos app not recognizing faces in photos

Microsoft Photos app not recognizing faces in photos: I use Microsoft.Photos to manage all my photos (about 20K files). When i first checked possibilities using this tool, i was suprised to see that thousands of good face detection for many persons had been done automatically. For exemple i got around 2300 detection concerning...
  9. Microsoft Photos not recognizing many faces in my Onedrive photos anymore

Microsoft Photos not recognizing many faces in my Onedrive photos anymore: Hello, Today i'm writing to let you guys know about a bug i've been encountering with Microsoft Photos. I have over 20,000+ photos saved on my Onedrive, and photos isn't detecting faces, i have seen other people reporting about this on here and on Windows 10 Feedback....
  10. Microsoft Photo app will not start

Microsoft Photo app will not start: After the July Windows 10 update the microsoft photos will not start. I've removed the photo app and reinstalled it with the same problem. what is the fix?????...