Windows 10: Microsoft Photos "Save copy"-feature saves low-quality JPGs, rendering the program rather...

Discus and support Microsoft Photos "Save copy"-feature saves low-quality JPGs, rendering the program rather... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear community, dear MS support, when editing a photo in Microsoft Photos "Microsoft Fotos" in German, no matter the original resolution of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mistah Jonezz, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Microsoft Photos "Save copy"-feature saves low-quality JPGs, rendering the program rather...

Dear community, dear MS support,

when editing a photo in Microsoft Photos "Microsoft Fotos" in German, no matter the original resolution of the original graphic file - Microsoft Photos always saves a highly compressed JPG with much lower quality than the original file. This renders the otherwise useful features of Microsoft Photos useless, and does not allow for high-quality output. e.g. for a personal video, or for printing a postcard

This can be fixed relatively easy by implementing a quality setting/slider in a future version of Microsoft Photos. e.g. for adjusting the JPG compression slider: 75% = OK quality, 85 = good quality, 95 = very good quality.

This report concerns the most up-to-date Windows Photos version 2020.20110.11001.0, available in Windows 10 20H2.

Thanks for listening. Until a fix is available, a third party software will be used by me and probably most other affected users who are interested in keeping their original HD-quality :-

Regards, Jon.

Microsoft Photos "Save copy"-feature saves low-quality JPGs, rendering the program rather... 731a3c35-c63c-49f9-a5e3-97e14d87b991?upload=true.jpg

:)

Mistah Jonezz, Jan 15, 2021

2. Saving a copy of an edited picture in Photos

Hi Debby,

There are different possible causes as to why the "Save a Copy" feature you have been using in Photos app would stop working normally. This may be related to settings we need to correct or corrupted files. For us to resolve this concern, kindly follow the
    steps below to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter:

• In the Windows search bar type in the word troubleshooting.
    • Once the results show up select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Choose Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the steps.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Saving Photos not working in Microsoft Photos program

For ages I have been using Microsoft Photos but have suddenly encountered a problem.

When working on a photo I am given the option 'Save a Copy'

Previously this takes me to a page where I have to find the actual folder for the pictures I'm working on and then I'm given a slot to save the picture there with a name.

But suddenly that 'Save a copy' button simply saves a copy of the photo with no option to title it. I have to go to the folder and select rename.

I noticed that there is a drop down menu where I see 'Save a copy' which has the option 'save' but this is greyed out.

When I go to my laptop which also has Microsoft Photos installed there is no problem and I can save to a selected folder and name the photo.

Something has changed - please help

DavidHaith, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Lrc6495 Win User

Microsoft Photos "Save copy"-feature saves low-quality JPGs, rendering the program rather...

how to save a photo as a jpeg

I'm trying to save photos that I emailed to myself. They are jpgs but when I go to save as to a folder on my laptop it only lists html and all files. I'm on Windows 10

Lrc6495, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Photos "Save copy"-feature saves low-quality JPGs, rendering the program rather...

1. Microsoft Photos "Save copy"-feature saves low-quality JPGs, rendering the program rather... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos Save

2. Windows Photos App "Save" instead of "Save a Copy" as the default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photos App "Save" instead of "Save a Copy" as the default: I would like to know how to change my Microsoft Photos App to save video trims with "Save as" instead of "Saving a copy" If this cannot be done, please explain why....
  3. MICROSOFT EDGE SAVES MULTIPLE COPIES OF PHOTOS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MICROSOFT EDGE SAVES MULTIPLE COPIES OF PHOTOS: I have observed that new Microsoft edge has a flaw which allows it to save multiple copies of the sanme photo say for example awindows 10 background is searched for in bing it will save only once in IE 11 and Firefox but thr same photo saves many times...
  4. PHOTOS app - Can't "save" photo edits, just "save a copy"

PHOTOS app - Can't "save" photo edits, just "save a copy": Before the latest MS update, I used to be able to simply "SAVE" my edits in the PHOTOS app, so that my changes would be overwritten on the original photo when I chose. That option is suddenly no longer available to me grayed out, and after editing a photo, my only choice is...
  5. The 'Save as' function in Photos now automatically saves a copy.......

The 'Save as' function in Photos now automatically saves a copy.......: ....to the folder of the original file. e.g. the memory card. I don't want to save it there but am given no choice. This has changed since the last Update. Previously when you went to save an edit to a photo, you were prompted to name the folder you wanted it saved to....
  6. Saving Photos not working in Microsoft Photos program

Saving Photos not working in Microsoft Photos program: For ages I have been using Microsoft Photos but have suddenly encountered a problem. When working on a photo I am given the option 'Save a Copy' Previously this takes me to a page where I have to find the actual folder for the pictures I'm working on and then I'm given a slot...
  7. Microsoft Photos Application only saving as copy

Microsoft Photos Application only saving as copy: Hello, I would like to know how to change my Microsoft Photos App to save video trims with"Save as" instead of "Saving a copy" If this cannot be done, please explain why. Thank you, Kevin 1. Open video with Photos, Edit & Create > Trim [ATTACH] 2. Only option I get...
  8. My Photos Will Not Save As JPGs or PNGs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Photos Will Not Save As JPGs or PNGs: [ATTACH] Here is a screenshot of my gallery. Every time I go to save a photograph online by right-clicking and then selecting "save image as..." it saves the images like so, even though it claims it is going to save them as a JPG. I have been having problems with my...
  9. Microsoft Photos - Can't save trimmed video as a copy

Microsoft Photos - Can't save trimmed video as a copy: Open a movie file, click edit, trim, save, get annoying invalid and improper message: It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy instead. Checking the Internets doesn't seem to help. Setting owner in advanced tabs with silly...
  10. Microsoft Photos - Can't save trimmed video as a copy

Microsoft Photos - Can't save trimmed video as a copy: Hi...having trouble with Microsoft Photos. I am running Windows 10. See screenshot for version/build. [ATTACH] I am trying to trim some video clips that I created and imported from my device to this computer with a usb drive. I can view the video clip in MS Photos and trim...