Windows 10: Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Controller in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Controller in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Controller in Windows 10 Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by WinLatest, Jul 15, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Controller in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Controller in Windows 10

Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller in Windows 10

The Xbox Game Bar makes it simple to take control of all your favorite gaming activities while playing.

When you open Xbox Game Bar (Win+G), youve got a variety of gaming activities at your fingertips. Select one and itll pop up as an overlaymany of these can be moved, resized, or pinned to your screen.

When the Xbox Game Bar is turned on, you can also open Xbox Game Bar using the Xbox button on a connected game controller by default.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the ability to open Xbox Game Bar using the Xbox button on a Xbox One controller for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller in Settings
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Xbox button on Xbox One Controller

Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Controller in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Game Bar in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Gaming icon.

2. Click/tap on Game bar on the left side, and check (enable - default) or uncheck Open Xbox Game Bar using this button on a controller on the right side for what you want. (see screenshot below)

*note Starting with Windows 10 (20H1) builds, you will need to click/tap on Xbox Game bar on the left side instead.

*note It is required to turn on the Xbox Game Bar to be able to open it.

Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Controller in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller using a REG file
    *note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\GameBar

UseNexusForGameBarEnabled DWORD

0 = Disable
    1 = Enable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller
    *note This is the default setting. It is required to turn on the Xbox Game Bar to be able to open it.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_open_Xbox_Game_Bar_using_Xbox_button_on_game_controller.reg

Download

3. To Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Xbox button on Game Controller
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_open_Xbox_Game_Bar_using_Xbox_button_on_game_controller.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

WinLatest, Jul 15, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Following up on Idea Drives: Gaming on Windows 10 and PC Game bar Xbox

Source: Following up on Idea Drives: Gaming on Windows 10 and PC Game bar - Xbox Wire

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Following up on Idea Drives: Gaming on Windows 10 and PC Game bar

Source: Following up on Idea Drives: Gaming on Windows 10 and PC Game bar - Xbox Wire

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar Xbox

Source: New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar - Xbox Wire

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar

Source: New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar - Xbox Wire

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Open Xbox Game Bar using Controller in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Open

2. Xbox game bar not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar not opening: So I wanted to record a video with my friend but the Xbox gamebar wasn't opening I tried to open it in other ways hit didn't work. Cana Nyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-not-opening/ffc020b9-ee9c-4393-90e2-dea650b9e98a
  3. I enable Xbox Game Bar on settings and it disables it self

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I enable Xbox Game Bar on settings and it disables it self: Hello, so basically when I go to my settings and enable Game Bar and then I close the settings or go to a different page and then I check back it disables itself. I tried various methods i saw on the internet but nothing worked! I would appreciate any help from you guys!...
  4. Windows 11 - Xbox Controller doesn't open game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Xbox Controller doesn't open game bar: Good Afternoon,I have tried multiple times and I cannot get the Xbox Gamebar to open by pressing the button on the controller. It only works with the keyboard shortcutSo far I have done the following: Enable Xbox Game Bar via Settings -DONE DID NOT SOLVE ISSUEPress Win + I...
  5. Windows 11 - Xbox Controller doesn't open game bar

Windows 11 - Xbox Controller doesn't open game bar: Good Afternoon,I have tried multiple times and I cannot get the Xbox Gamebar to open by pressing the button on the controller. It only works with the keyboard shortcutSo far I have done the following: Enable Xbox Game Bar via Settings -DONE DID NOT SOLVE ISSUEPress Win + I...
  6. Xbox Game bar not opening

Xbox Game bar not opening: My Xbox game bar is not opening and it says "ms-gamingoverlay - You'll Need a New App to Open This MS Gaming Overlay" please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-not-opening/2311a1e3-b2ea-4118-952d-98b972958c98
  7. Xbox Game bar not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game bar not opening: My Xbox game bar is not opening and it says "ms-gamingoverlay - You'll Need a New App to Open This MS Gaming Overlay" please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-not-opening/2311a1e3-b2ea-4118-952d-98b972958c98
  8. Xbox Game Bar not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox Game Bar not opening: Hi, I have installed windows 10 version 1909 two months ago. After one month, I updated Xbox Game Bar to version 5.721.9022.0. But after updating it won't start after pressing Win+G. So I have to open task manager and end task of Game Bar in background processes. But after...
  9. Windows 10 Xbox Game Bar Not Opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Xbox Game Bar Not Opening: Previously I could press Win+G to open the game bar and have the overlay of seeing computer performance, Audio settings, Xbox Chat, Xbox social, etc. It no longer opens when I press Win+G. I've tried doing my own shortcut as well, beyond the windows shortcut, and that no...
  10. Xbox Game Bar not Opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox Game Bar not Opening: Hi, Whenever I try launch Xbox Game Bar, it doesn't do anything. If I search game bar in the search bar, I can click on the app repeatedly and nothing happens. When I enable it in Game DVR it turns itself off again. When I change the registry values "GameDVR_Enabled" and...