Windows 10: Microsoft pledges to cut carbon emissions by 75 percent by 2030

Discus and support Microsoft pledges to cut carbon emissions by 75 percent by 2030 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; At Microsoft, we believe climate change is an urgent problem that demands a global response from all industries. We are committed to doing our part and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft pledges to cut carbon emissions by 75 percent by 2030

Source: Microsoft pledges to cut carbon emissions by 75 percent by 2030 - Microsoft on the Issues

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) date

:)

Brink, Nov 14, 2017
  2. tao980 Win User

E51 SAR

Don't worry people! SAR is only half the truth! There is a german magazine specialized on mobile phones, called Connect, in which when they are testing a mobile phone, they are also measuring its effective emission power. The SAR value divided by the effective
    emission power is called emission factor, and this quantity offers information about the resources a mobile phone has available to communicate with the nearest tower. You should be looking for phones with low values for both SAR and emission factor. For example,
    E51 has a SAR of 1.4 with an emission factor of 6.4, whilst 6120 classic has a SAR of 1.18 and an emission factor of 9.59. For more info, you can check yourself the test values on the magazine's website (if you speak german, if not look for the words Strahlungs-Faktor).
    SE phones have quite large emission factors, for instance W610i has 14.04! Nokia 6267 has the lowest SAR and emission factors: SAR = 0.31, emission factor = 1.42. That's the right phone for people who want to minimize the effect of electromagnetic radiation.

Message Edited by on 04-Jan-2008 01:09 PM

tao980, Nov 14, 2017
  3. Emanwel Win User
    Battery problem after the upgrade to win10

Thanks for your quick response. However, it says that it doesn't have any problem. Before I unplug the charger, it says I still have 75 percent but after like 3-5 mins it says I only have 54% percent. Why is it like this? It doesn't an hour anymore without
    being plugged in.

Emanwel, Nov 14, 2017
Thema:

Microsoft pledges to cut carbon emissions by 75 percent by 2030

1. Microsoft pledges to cut carbon emissions by 75 percent by 2030 - Similar Threads - Microsoft pledges cut

2. REDUCING CARBON EMISSIONS/IMPACT VIA MY LAPTOP??!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REDUCING CARBON EMISSIONS/IMPACT VIA MY LAPTOP??!!: Okay, I'd love to hear HOW carbon being emitted is bad, enough to allow HP to have some computer science dropout put it on my menu in Power Savings???!!If people don't believe they're sheep being herded into classrooms where the curriculum consists of resources made / created...
  3. REDUCING CARBON EMISSIONS/IMPACT VIA MY LAPTOP??!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    REDUCING CARBON EMISSIONS/IMPACT VIA MY LAPTOP??!!: Okay, I'd love to hear HOW carbon being emitted is bad, enough to allow HP to have some computer science dropout put it on my menu in Power Savings???!!If people don't believe they're sheep being herded into classrooms where the curriculum consists of resources made / created...
  4. How much extra power, per computer with the extra Carbon Emissions Code, is being used just...

How much extra power, per computer with the extra Carbon Emissions Code, is being used just...: How much extra power, per computer with the extra Carbon Emmission Code, is being used just to bother us, IT professionals and High End Computer users, Which never wants sleep and turning items off, after an update can cause data loss, and company downtime?Where is the, I am...
  5. How much extra power, per computer with the extra Carbon Emissions Code, is being used just...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How much extra power, per computer with the extra Carbon Emissions Code, is being used just...: How much extra power, per computer with the extra Carbon Emmission Code, is being used just to bother us, IT professionals and High End Computer users, Which never wants sleep and turning items off, after an update can cause data loss, and company downtime?Where is the, I am...
  6. Remove "Windows update is committed to helping reduce carbon emissions" notice. No virtue...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove "Windows update is committed to helping reduce carbon emissions" notice. No virtue...: Remove the windows update notice about reducing carbon emissions, i do not want an operating system that i pad for to virtue signal and force me to read or notice left wing propaganda / wokeness. Thank you....
  7. Remove "Windows update is committed to helping reduce carbon emissions" notice. No virtue...

Remove "Windows update is committed to helping reduce carbon emissions" notice. No virtue...: Remove the windows update notice about reducing carbon emissions, i do not want an operating system that i pad for to virtue signal and force me to read or notice left wing propaganda / wokeness. Thank you....
  8. Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 x64 fails at 75% percent

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 x64 fails at 75% percent: My pc HP Elitebook 745 G3 is having problems installing Windows 10 21H1 using the in-place upgrade from media creation tool and using setup.exe from the iso.I have used sfc /scannow and DISM scan health and DISM restore health. System locale is English, United States. Also,...
  9. since upgrade win10H2 usb3 transfer speeds cut +75%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    since upgrade win10H2 usb3 transfer speeds cut +75%: was running win10 2004, then upgraded to H2. Now Macrium Reflect that was pushing over 500megs over my usb3 port is pushing 56megs for backups. . I have gone into the external USB drive and enabled disk write caching with zero speed increased. This is a seagate 5gig expansion...
  10. 75 percent of Windows Phone Owners Migrate to Android or iOS

in Windows 10 Support
    75 percent of Windows Phone Owners Migrate to Android or iOS: 75 percent of Windows Phone Owners Migrate to Android or iOS If this is even close to accurate paints a dismal future for MS in this market segment. Although they do have the resources and tenacity to keep pounding away. 30568