Windows 10: Microsoft PowerShell goes open source, lands on Linux and Mac

Discus and support Microsoft PowerShell goes open source, lands on Linux and Mac in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft PowerShell goes open source, lands on Linux and Mac The folks in Redmond really do love the open source operating system Sysadmins,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Kari, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Kari Win User

Microsoft PowerShell goes open source, lands on Linux and Mac

Full article: Microsoft PowerShell goes open source, lands on Linux and Mac | PCWorld

:)

2. Windows 10 constantly updating

Here is how to stop the Updates:

Use a Different Operating System. There are many Open Source Operating Systems out there (Open Source = Free) for you to download and install so that the Windows 10 Operating System will never annoy you about updates again.

There is TAILS (for example. The one I would probably use myself if I ever decided to abandon Windows). It and its browser (TOR) are considered pretty secure. (Intelligence Agencies use them).

UBUNTU, LINUX, FREE BSD, OPEN SUSE...the list really goes on and on.

I am not recommending that you switch to any of these. But you said you weren't happy with the Windows 10 Updates. These don't have anything to do with that Operating System.

They are not (by and large) either as user friendly or as esthetically pleasing as Microsoft but you probably don't care about that.

The only reason I didn't recommend MAC OS X (Mac Operating System 10 in Roman Numerals) is because they are into updates too.

c8a1f2a5-41f1-4c8c-ba29-4bd7ad8a27d9, Aug 31, 2016
  3. How do I uninstall Windows 10 and go back to my previous OS?

Source, please?

Will Vista, Mac, Android, Linux, etc., users be forced to "automatically download and install windows 10?"

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 31, 2016
  4. Superfly Win User

Thanx Kari, MS is really making great strides in cross-platform development... fantastic to see. *Wink

Superfly, Aug 31, 2016
Thema:

1. Microsoft PowerShell goes open source, lands on Linux and Mac - Similar Threads - Microsoft PowerShell goes

2. Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp for Linux and MAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp for Linux and MAC: Hi, i have a requirement where my tooltarget .NET4.6.1 Framework supports CodeSnippet C# Compilation.Currently we use, Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp for the same.Could you please suggest what can be used to make this codesnippet compilations and executions to work in Linux...
  3. Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp for Linux and MAC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp for Linux and MAC: Hi, i have a requirement where my tooltarget .NET4.6.1 Framework supports CodeSnippet C# Compilation.Currently we use, Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp for the same.Could you please suggest what can be used to make this codesnippet compilations and executions to work in Linux...
  4. Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp for Linux and MAC

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. powershell equivalent of linux smbclient

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    powershell equivalent of linux smbclient: submitted by /u/ye_sh1thead [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/v63pv0/powershell_equivalent_of_linux_smbclient/
  6. Open Source on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open Source on Microsoft Store: How can I publish a free open-source project on Microsoft Store? It's a Win32 Windows desktop app using WinUI 3 and Windows SDK API. What sort of developer account do I need?...
  7. Open Source on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open Source on Microsoft Store: How can I publish a free open-source project on Microsoft Store? It's a Win32 Windows desktop app using WinUI 3 and Windows SDK API. What sort of developer account do I need?...
  8. Linux command in Windows PowerShell

in Windows 10 Customization
    Linux command in Windows PowerShell: When did Windows incorporate Linux command in PowerShell? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linux-command-in-windows-powershell/a5a16d50-78a3-4d90-9965-d60d3b550231
  9. PowerShell Core from Microsoft is now available for Linux as a Snap

in Windows 10 News
    PowerShell Core from Microsoft is now available for Linux as a Snap: PowerShell Core from Microsoft is now available for Linux as a Snap. Built on the .NET Framework, PowerShell is an open source task-based command-line shell and scripting language with the goal of being the ubiquitous language for managing hybrid cloud assets. It is designed...
  10. Microsoft Edge Browser on Linux and Mac? Not Going to Happen...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Browser on Linux and Mac? Not Going to Happen...: Microsoft Edge is the name of the new Windows 10 operating system's browser and it will be offered on both PCs and smartphones as a universal app, so many people are wondering whether Redmond has any plans to launch it on non-Windows platforms as well. On the sideline of...