Windows 10: Microsoft prepares Windows 10 for panoply of sensors

Discus and support Microsoft prepares Windows 10 for panoply of sensors in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 devices in the future could be measuring temperature, environmental pressure and carbon dioxide levels, as Microsoft provides an interface... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Borg 386, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Microsoft prepares Windows 10 for panoply of sensors

Microsoft prepares Windows 10 for panoply of sensors | TechHive

:)

Borg 386, Mar 25, 2015

2. Window 10 - Constant freezing

Yeah really helpful for Windows 10. The link takes you to a guide for Windows 7 and 8.

This OS is garbage. CONSTANT FREEZING. CONSTANT. NEVER ENDING.

I've tried clean reboots, the entire panoply. It's ****, and it's embarrassing that MIcrosoft releases such junk.

MartinH1965, Mar 25, 2015
  3. [Windows 10 RS3]My notebook rotation function had over 5s delay symptom or stuck when rotate it after OS upgrade to RS3

There is a known issue about screen rotation in some convertible or slate PC devices with Windows 10 1709. The firmware sets the sensor state to SENSOR_STATE_NOT_AVAILABLE whenever the sensor is stopped, which
    happens when the sensor interval and thresholds are set by the sensor stack. So, the firmware behaves correctly. The sensor stack should be more tolerant for this scenario. Microsoft will work on a fix for this issue shortly.

duoduobear, Mar 25, 2015
  4. adamf Win User

I had to look it up. "Panoply" means "lots". Why do people have to dig out a thesaurus and then get it wrong is beyond me.

"Microsoft prepares Windows 10 for lots of sensors" would be correct.
    "Microsoft prepares Windows 10 for a lot of sensors" would also be correct.
    "Microsoft prepares Windows 10 for a panoply of sensors" would be correct.
    "Microsoft prepares Windows 10 for panoply of sensors" is garbage (unless these sensors are planning to somehow to get up and invade Windows 10 and Microsoft is somehow preparing for it).

I'll take my pedant hat off now. Story is fairly interesting, thanks.

adamf, Mar 25, 2015
  5. "Captain, all our sensors are down and we're flying blind!".

(Star Trek)

TechnoMage, Mar 26, 2015
  6. adamf Win User
    she cannae take any more...

adamf, Mar 26, 2015
  7. Lebon14 Win User
    I read the title...

"Microsoft prepares Windows 10 for panoply of censors"

*Sad

Lebon14, Mar 27, 2015
  8. LEE
    Lee Win User

. . . some people's children . . .*Tongue

Thema:

1. Microsoft prepares Windows 10 for panoply of sensors - Similar Threads - Microsoft prepares panoply

2. Finger Sensor not Working On Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Finger Sensor not Working On Windows 10: I have HP G3 840 Core i7 6TH Gen, On Windows 7 Finger sensor working perfectly but when I installed Windows 10 finger sensor stop working. I have updated all drivers online via HP support assistant but the problem still exsits. I don't understand what is the problem...
  3. Microsoft Life Cam 1080p HD Sensor not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Life Cam 1080p HD Sensor not working in Windows 10: I have an HD Desktop that I had to reinstall Windows 10 on. I also have a Microsoft 1080p Life Cam HD Sensor, which was working previous to the reinstall of Windows 10. I hadn't used the camera in a while and just noticed it was not working and software/drivers no longer...
  4. preparation for upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    preparation for upgrade to Windows 10: I need to know details about backing up the data on my PC before I begin to download and install the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10... is there a "recovery" or "restore" procedure that I should follow first? is there a program that I can run to confirm that my system is...
  5. Kinect Sensor not detected on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Kinect Sensor not detected on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If after you upgrade the operating system on a Surface Book, or any other Windows 10-powered device, and you’re unable to use the Kinect for […] This article Kinect Sensor not detected on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Microsoft is improving Windows 10 sensors support for Chromium

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is improving Windows 10 sensors support for Chromium: Microsoft’s latest idea for Chromium could benefit Google Chrome and new Edge by offering improved ‘compatibility, performance and battery utilization’ for sensors in the browser. A group of Microsoft Edge engineer is said to be working on better sensors support for Chromium...
  7. Microsoft is reportedly preparing Windows 10 for foldable devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is reportedly preparing Windows 10 for foldable devices: While Microsoft has never confirmed that the company is working on a new category of Windows 10 devices, the reports have revealed that such a project is still part of its long-term vision. Microsoft is believed to be working on multiple dual-screen devices and as well as a...
  8. Windows 10 Temperature Sensor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Temperature Sensor: I know that Windows 10 has a temperature sensor that defaults each disk drive to 60 or 61 Degrees and sounds an alarm if a drive goes above the temperature setting. How do I Change the alarm temperature setting maximum value? I have 5 machines and all are version Windows...
  9. New sensor features in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New sensor features in Windows 10: In Windows 10 we added a multiple new sensor features, innovations and changes. In my previous blog, I talked about the new contextual sensing features like activity sensors, pedometers, barometer and proximity sensors. In this post, I will give an overview of three...
  10. Preparing for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Preparing for Windows 10: I cant wait to get WIndows 10, i reserved my copy for desktop and laptop. I have currently Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit. My question is if anyone can help, When i do a clean format and install windows 10, is it ok to use my backup image of windows 8.1 and install it over the new...