Windows 10: Microsoft Print to PDF unavailable in Windows Features and Add Printer

Discus and support Microsoft Print to PDF unavailable in Windows Features and Add Printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Microsoft Print to PDF is not listed as one of my printing options. When I go to add a printer and select Microsoft. Microsoft Print to PDF is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lindsaykiefat, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Microsoft Print to PDF unavailable in Windows Features and Add Printer

Microsoft Print to PDF is not listed as one of my printing options. When I go to add a printer and select Microsoft. Microsoft Print to PDF is not listed.

Microsoft Print to PDF unavailable in Windows Features and Add Printer cd12fc5d-8e87-489c-a6c4-5046836716bd?upload=true.jpg

I also went to Window Features to turn it on and Microsoft Print to PDF was not listed.

Microsoft Print to PDF unavailable in Windows Features and Add Printer 42a64ec2-299c-492f-bd01-294ba5cf4bdb?upload=true.jpg

How do I get this feature back?

:)

lindsaykiefat, Jul 12, 2018

2. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Thanks for your help. I was browsing the web the other day and I found a page called FINAL DRAFT. They had a set of instructions for reinstalling the Microsoft Print to PDF utility that worked great for me. Problem solved.

WilliamSturgis, Jul 13, 2018
  4. AndreePin Win User

Microsoft Print to PDF unavailable in Windows Features and Add Printer

Microsoft Print to PDF driver is not listed under Manufactuer or in Windows features.

Hi,

In regards with your query, kindly follow the steps provided below:

Method 1: Check if it was disabled by mistake

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Devices.
    • Then click Printers & Scanners.
    You should see the said feature on the Menu window. But if not, kindly proceed to the next method.

Method 2: Enable/Disable Microsoft Print to PDF

• Press Windows Key + S and enter windows features. Select
      Turn Windows features on or off from the Start menu.

Microsoft Print to PDF unavailable in Windows Features and Add Printer 6f4df0bc-20c9-4cf8-acb2-ea2c4065da1e.jpg
    • Once the Windows Features window opens, locate Microsoft Print to PDF and click on the check box to disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.

Microsoft Print to PDF unavailable in Windows Features and Add Printer 48394a22-c34a-4754-8fcc-967085e30b9f.jpg
    • Restart your PC.
    • When your PC restarts, repeat the same steps and enable Microsoft Print to PDF again.
    • Click OK to save changes.
    After enabling the feature again, Print to PDF should be working again without any issues.

Method 3: Set Print to PDF as default printer

To set Print to PDF as a default printer, you need to do the following:

• Press Windows Key + S and enter printers. Select
      Devices and Printers from the list of results.
    • When Devices and Printers window opens, navigate to Printers section.
    • Locate Print to PDF, right click it and choose Set as default printer from the menu. After doing that, you should see a green check mark next to Print to PDF meaning that it’s set as a default printer.
    Keep us updated for us to further assist you.

AndreePin, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Print to PDF unavailable in Windows Features and Add Printer

1. Microsoft Print to PDF unavailable in Windows Features and Add Printer - Similar Threads - Microsoft Print PDF

2. Can't install Printer "Microsoft Print to PDF"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Printer "Microsoft Print to PDF": Hi guys,i got few issue to install the print "Microsoft print to PDF"When i try to install manually the printer, in the list of driver of microsoft the driver for "Print to PDF" is missing.I disable the feature print to PDF/restart the PC and enable the feature again and...
  3. Can't install Printer "Microsoft Print to PDF"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install Printer "Microsoft Print to PDF": Hi guys,i got few issue to install the print "Microsoft print to PDF"When i try to install manually the printer, in the list of driver of microsoft the driver for "Print to PDF" is missing.I disable the feature print to PDF/restart the PC and enable the feature again and...
  4. Can't install Printer "Microsoft Print to PDF"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Add A2, A1 & A0 to Microsoft print to pdf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add A2, A1 & A0 to Microsoft print to pdf: When will Microsoft update their pdf printer to add additional sizes using an Add button or simply update it to allow for all drawing sizes. I found a lot of tutorials online. It does not work.Custom Page Sizes for Microsoft Print to PDF « Franklin Heath LtdMicrosoft Print to...
  6. Add A2, A1 & A0 to Microsoft print to pdf

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add A2, A1 & A0 to Microsoft print to pdf: When will Microsoft update their pdf printer to add additional sizes using an Add button or simply update it to allow for all drawing sizes. I found a lot of tutorials online. It does not work.Custom Page Sizes for Microsoft Print to PDF « Franklin Heath LtdMicrosoft Print to...
  7. Add A2, A1 & A0 to Microsoft print to pdf

8. microsoft print to pdf cannot select "print directly to the printer"

microsoft print to pdf cannot select "print directly to the printer": microsoft print to pdf cannot select "print directly to the printer", it's grey https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-print-to-pdf-cannot-select-print/dd76e585-e8d5-41ae-836a-160aa4bfd0d8
  9. Problem with Microsoft's "Print to PDF" virtual printer.

Problem with Microsoft's "Print to PDF" virtual printer.: I can't create a coloured PDF using Microsoft's "Print to PDF". Creating a .pdf file, by using the Microsoft "Print to PDF", creates Black and White PDFs and not Coloured. Creating a .pdf file from the same as above original file, using another virtual printer i.e. Bullzip...
  10. Add or Remove Microsoft Print to PDF Printer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Microsoft Print to PDF Printer in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Microsoft Print to PDF Printer in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 allows you to Print to PDF natively using the Microsoft Print to PDF feature. Microsoft Print to PDF lets you create a PDF file of the contents of any web page or file without...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft print to pdf unavailable in windows 7