Windows 10: Microsoft pulled the Windows 10 November Update due to privacy setting

Discus and support Microsoft pulled the Windows 10 November Update due to privacy setting in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has today detailed why they chose to pull the Windows 10 November Update from Windows Update and the Media Creation Tool over the weekend.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by tcman50, Nov 24, 2015.

1. tcman50 Win User

Microsoft pulled the Windows 10 November Update due to privacy setting

Microsoft has today detailed why they chose to pull the Windows 10 November Update from Windows Update and the Media Creation Tool over the weekend. Their initial comment regarding the situation claimed the company decided that all users needed to update via Windows Update, but it appears that was not the entire story.

Microsoft told WinBeta the update was pulled due to issues with privacy concerns. More specifically, upon installing the update, Windows would not remember the users had set privacy settings, meaning Windows would simply default them. While not a huge bug, it did raise a few privacy concerns amongst those upgrading.

The update was only pulled from Windows Update for Windows 10 users, as those users are the ones who were affected by this bug. Users upgrading from Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 were unaffected.

rest of story here : http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsof...ivacy-concerns

Terry *Cool

tcman50, Nov 24, 2015

2. At least we know now what the problem was.

:)

hTconeM9user, Nov 24, 2015
  3. Gerry C J Cornell, Nov 24, 2015
  4. aakkam22 Win User

Upgrade to November Update before 31 days

Recently, I've learned that Microsoft has removed the ability to upgrade to the November Update using the MCT. Therefore, ZigZag's post as well as mine are incorrect.

The only option is to use Windows Update. All other methods will not work.

See: Microsoft has pulled the Windows 10 November Update Media Creation
    Tool

aakkam22, Nov 24, 2015
  5. zooburner Win User
    You couldn't even write comedy like this, why wasn't Microsoft simply honest about why they pulled the update, the initial reason given made no sense to everyone, and it was so clearly nonsense !

zooburner, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft pulled the Windows 10 November Update due to privacy setting - Similar Threads - Microsoft pulled November

2. Camera app is not launching due to Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera app is not launching due to Privacy Settings: My Camera app is not launching. It gives the message "We need your permission. To use this app open Privacy settings and change the settings to allow this app to use your camera and microphone." All of my settings allow everything to use the camera, but the camera app still...
  3. privacy settings and windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    privacy settings and windows updates: Hello, I am trying to update my computer settings for a number of reasons and want to ensure privacy for myself and family even if someone is diligently looking to access my accounts, super intel IT people which may be an exaggeration but I have a younger child wild with...
  4. Windows 10 privacy settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 privacy settings: I have 5 Windows 10 Home laptops for my homeschooled kids. I have activity reporting enabled so I can keep and eye on what they're doing. Is there a way I can keep them from accessing the privacy settings to turn activity reporting off? My oldest is smart enough to figure...
  5. Microsoft pushes and pulls wrong Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft pushes and pulls wrong Windows 10 update: On October 22, Microsoft started rolling out an optional cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1903 with fixes for critical bugs. In addition to the optional cumulative update, Microsoft also shipped a standalone package KB4523786 to make quality improvements to Windows...
  6. Windows Update and Privacy Settings?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update and Privacy Settings?: I receive this error message: what to do There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070422)...
  7. Microsoft pulls Windows 10’s optional November update following BSOD reports

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft pulls Windows 10’s optional November update following BSOD reports: Windows 10 cumulative updates could be a crazy roller coaster ride for some users. The Surface Book 2 owners reported that they are experiencing BSOD error after installing the optional Windows 10 November 2018 cumulative update. Windows 10 version 1803 Build 17134.441...
  8. Cannot play online due to "Privacy settings"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot play online due to "Privacy settings": Me and a friend recently opened up a realm on Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition, but since paying for it on the 31st of August I have only been able to play a total of 4 or so hours over a two-three day period, the first day was fine, the second day I couldn't sign in, after...
  9. Microsoft has pulled the Windows 10 November Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft has pulled the Windows 10 November Update: Microsoft has pulled the Windows 10 November Update from Windows Update 30988
  10. Microsoft Pulls Windows 10 Mobile 10586.29 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Pulls Windows 10 Mobile 10586.29 Update: Microsoft rolled out Windows 10 Mobile 10586.29 earlier this month, but it appears that owners of the new Microsoft flagship phones, Lumia 950 and 950 XL are having some major problems with it. Microsoft has decided to pull the update from its servers while it investigates...