Windows 10: Turn On or Off Action Center Always Open in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Action Center Always Open in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Action Center Always Open in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Action Center Always Open in Windows 10 [img] Information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Action Center Always Open in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Action Center Always Open in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Action Center Always Open in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Action Center Always Open in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information In Windows 10, quick actions, which give you quick access to commonly used settings and apps.

When you open the action center, it will only stay open until you click/tap on anything else. The action center will then automatically close by default.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off having the action center always remain opened until closed for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to turn on or off action center always open.

Note If you turn on action center always open, users will be able to toggle to open and close the action center for their accounts by clicking on the action center
    icon or pressing the Win+A keys.

While the action center is open, it will remain open and always be on top until closed.

EXAMPLE: Action Center

Here's How:

Note The .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell\Launcher

DisableLightDismiss DWORD

(delete) = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Action Center Always Open
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_On_Action_Center_always_open.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Action Center Always Open
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_Off_Action_Center_always_open.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Feb 2, 2017

2. Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Action Center Not Working

Windows 10 Home / v 1607 / OS build 14393.693

Action Center has displayed "No new notifications" for the past 3 days (since 2/21/2017). The only automatic updates that have been installed are/is: Adobe Flash Player.

I have tried all the steps listed above with no success. I also tried turning notifications off, then rebooting, then turning it on, then rebooting. Still no joy. Any other suggestions?

JuliaMHogan, Oct 26, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Sharief K Win User
    Action Center

Hi,

Let's follow these steps to disable action center:

• Click on Start, type notifications in the search box.
    • In the list, select notifications & action settings.
    • On the right side, click on turn system icons on or off.
    • Turn off action center from there.
    Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Oct 26, 2019
  6. action center notifications not working

Hello Steve,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and I’ll help you out with this.

A quick question.

Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Turn Action center ON.

• Open the Start menu, type
      Turn system icons on or off in the search bar and click on Turn system icons on or off from the search bar results.

• Turn the Action center on.

If the issue persist, follow the below step.

Step 2:

Follow the below steps and check whether you are able to access Action center.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task.
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”.
    • Type CMD.
    • Type all the following four commands one by one at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

6.Close the CMD window.

Since you are having issues with connecting to Wi-Fi. So i suggest you to refer to the following article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-why-cant-i-get-connected

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Pushyanth K S, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Action Center Always Open in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Action

2. undo action center turn off notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    undo action center turn off notifications: accidentally turned off all notifications from Laravel Mix, is there a way to bring them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undo-action-center-turn-off-notifications/04a0f64c-0133-4b6b-9a9a-0651c16dabaa
  3. Action Center not opening in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action Center not opening in Windows 10: I am using Windows 10 V20H2. I can't open Action center when I click on it but I do still receive notifications and Number of notifications unseen. I tried almost every solution from the web. Action center opens in a new user Account but not in my current Account. As a...
  4. Action center is not opening.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action center is not opening.: I installed nfs undercover few days ago. It installed some other things. The game worked fine but from then the action center and other things did not open. Including date settings, wifi menu. I tried everything other things suggested on internet but nothing worked. Please...
  5. Action Center keeps turning off notifications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action Center keeps turning off notifications: I have Windows 10 and have been having an ongoing problem with my Action Center. Every few days, something happens and, even though the action center icon is white and appears to have messages, when I open it there are no messages. I put my cursor over the icon and see "New...
  6. Quick Actions in Actions Center are always disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Actions in Actions Center are always disabled: Hello, since a couple of days i'm struggling with the following issue - all of my quick actions in the actions center are disabled. I cannot click on them. Also actions center doesn't react to what I have checked in 'Actions and Notifications' settings. The list is constant,...
  7. Open Action Center in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Action Center in Windows 10: How to: Open Action Center in Windows 10 How to Open and Use Action Center in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, action center is where to find your quick actions, which give you quick access to commonly used settings and apps. The action center will show...
  8. Turn On or Off Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color in Windows 10 Turn On or Off Show Color on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center in Windows 10 Windows 10 includes a new black system theme across the Start menu, Taskbar, and Action Center. There is now support...
  9. Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10 [img] Information The Action Center in Windows 10 collects and shows notifications and alerts from traditional...
  10. Action Center will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center will not open: I have the icon for new notifications but when I choose to ''Open Action Center'' nothing happens, also the WIN+A keys do not open it either. Can someone tell me what the matter is? I daily see the icon while hovering over with the mouse indicate that there are 'New...