Windows 10: Microsoft releases a new update for Photos app on Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft releases a new update for Photos app on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft yesterday rolled out an update for Photos app on Windows 10, and it appears that new version is available for everyone. The update for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 7, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft releases a new update for Photos app on Windows 10

Microsoft yesterday rolled out an update for Photos app on Windows 10, and it appears that new version is available for everyone. The update for Windows 10 Photos app brings no new features and improvements, but Microsoft has quietly added video editor shortcut to the Start Menu and app list.

If you’ll launch the new app called “Video Editor”, it will redirect you to Microsoft Photos app. It appears that the so-called Video Editor just opens the video editing panel of the Photos app. So it’s not a standalone app for Video Editing. It’s just a shortcut to access video editing features on Photos App.

With the new app Video Editor app or shortcut, Microsoft aims to raise awareness of video editing functionality in the photos app. Needless to say, the name Photos makes it difficult and confusing for users to find all its capabilities. Microsoft should rename the app or launch a new standalone app for Video Editing.

Microsoft should launch a new video editing app

Microsoft does not have a native movie editing app built into Windows 10 operating system after it discontinued the Windows Movie Maker. A while ago, Microsoft discontinued the Windows Movie Maker, which was a successful solution that the software giant bundled with the older version of the operating system.

Needless to say, Windows Movie Maker was one of the most advanced video editors. Windows Movie Maker hasn’t received updates, and the software giant is no longer developing it. When Microsoft discontinued the app, the users had no other choice than to download alternatives because Microsoft stopped developing and pulled the download links.

Microsoft could at some point launch a native video editor for Windows 10 and revive the features of Windows Movie Maker in a modern flavour. Microsoft has never teased any such projects, but it certainly makes sense to launch a modern and universal version of the app with the same functionality and working on Windows 10-powered devices such as Xbox One, PCs and Tablets.

We don’t know when Microsoft will launch a new video editor app for Windows 10, but it still could update or rename the Photos app with more video editing features.

The post Microsoft releases a new update for Photos app on Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 7, 2018

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 7, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Photos App

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will assist you in solving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:
    Follow the below steps to update apps from store.

• Open Windows store.
    • Click on the sign in icon next to the search option.
    • Select the option download & update.
    • Click on the check for the updates.

Method 2:
    I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 7, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft releases a new update for Photos app on Windows 10

1. Microsoft releases a new update for Photos app on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft releases update

2. Microsoft Photos Windows 10 - Create Photo Albums with updated Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos Windows 10 - Create Photo Albums with updated Photos app: How to create a Photo album using the updated version of Microsoft Photos app. Unable to find the Create option. Earlier version of Photos helped us to create nice albums with background audio etc.. whereas after the Photos app update, there is no create option at all....
  3. Microsoft Photos Windows 10 - Create Photo Albums with updated Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos Windows 10 - Create Photo Albums with updated Photos app: How to create a Photo album using the updated version of Microsoft Photos app. Unable to find the Create option. Earlier version of Photos helped us to create nice albums with background audio etc.. whereas after the Photos app update, there is no create option at all....
  4. Microsoft Photo app crashing with new update on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photo app crashing with new update on Windows 10: I tried practically everything, reset the app, uninstall using Power Shell, reinstall from the W. Store... The app is still crashing. The most recent answers on the Forum are from 2017... anything more recent from 2022?...
  5. Microsoft Photo app crashing with new update on Windows 10

Microsoft Photo app crashing with new update on Windows 10: I tried practically everything, reset the app, uninstall using Power Shell, reinstall from the W. Store... The app is still crashing. The most recent answers on the Forum are from 2017... anything more recent from 2022?...
  6. microsoft new update for the photo app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft new update for the photo app: when i use the photo app to display photos in a folder that have both photos and videos , the video display always starts with volume muted and you have to manually adjust it to a certain level so it can play it with sounds , i searched the settings to see how can i start the...
  7. microsoft new update for the photo app

microsoft new update for the photo app: when i use the photo app to display photos in a folder that have both photos and videos , the video display always starts with volume muted and you have to manually adjust it to a certain level so it can play it with sounds , i searched the settings to see how can i start the...
  8. New Microsoft Teams app update released for Android and iOS

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Teams app update released for Android and iOS: Microsoft Teams is your hub for teamwork in Office 365. All your team conversations, files, meetings, and apps live together in a single shared workspace, and you can take it with you on your favorite mobile device. Whether you’re sprinting towards a deadline or sharing...
  9. Microsoft won’t release new Windows 10 optional updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft won’t release new Windows 10 optional updates: Microsoft is pausing optional cumulative updates (non-security patches) for Windows 10 due to a recent medical outbreak in Asia, Europe and other parts of the world. Most people have to deal with Windows 10 updates once every month and then typically as part of the...
  10. Microsoft Photos app for Windows 10 updated with new features on Release Preview Ring

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Photos app for Windows 10 updated with new features on Release Preview Ring: Microsoft today is pushing out a new update for its Photos app on Windows 10. The update is currently available for the Windows Insiders in the Release Preview Ring. The latest update bumps the Photos app version to 2018.18061.15330.0. [ATTACH] First and foremost, Microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update photos app win 10