Windows 10: Microsoft releases free preview of Quantum Development Kit

Discus and support Microsoft releases free preview of Quantum Development Kit in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; So you want to learn how to program a quantum computer. Now, there’s a toolkit for that. Microsoft is releasing a free preview version of its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft releases free preview of Quantum Development Kit

Source: The future is quantum: Microsoft releases free preview of Quantum Development Kit - The AI Blog

See also: Welcome to the Microsoft Quantum Development Kit Preview | Microsoft Docs

Brink, Dec 10, 2017

2. That is one of the reasons I like Microsoft.
    They keep looking ahead. Keep trying to be better with better ideas.
    They put their money where their mouth is.
    I don't always like or need their new ideas but they do keep trying to be the best.

Jack

:)

Layback Bear, Dec 10, 2017
  3. Entegy Win User
    manual installation!

Signing up for the Developer Preview program (there is a free method) gives you access to the Preview for Developers app, which will allow you to install OS updates from Microsoft ahead of their normal release schedule.

Entegy, Dec 10, 2017
  4. Microsoft releases free preview of Quantum Development Kit

HTC app for Windows Phone 8.1 issue

That's the point, it's not an official release yet, it's a developer preview. Your understanding of what that means is incorrect, the developer preview is not a full public release. Microsoft released a public beta of Windows 8, that doesn't mean that
    on release day of the beta you can expect every program to work perfectly.

Most developers were probably waiting for the preview release to finalize their builds. Why release early when you can finish it up and make it perfect?

fredgiblet, Dec 10, 2017
  5. Cliff S New Member
    A bit more information on the subject Microsoft and QC(Quantum Computing):
    [youtube]eRua1UQ00Rs[/youtube]

Cliff S, Dec 24, 2017
  6. I watched the complete video and my 3 brain cells have not be able to wrap around Quantum computing.
    I think, I'm glad Microsoft has put together a team to do such a thing as Quantum computing and possibly build a Quantum computer.
    I do wonder when built, how much heat a Quantum computer would produce and how much power it would consume.
    Of course, how big would such a computer be.

Jack

Layback Bear, Dec 24, 2017
  7. Cliff S New Member
    My understanding of quantum computing is this:
    The difference between classical computing and Quantum computing, is the difference between possibility(classical- yes or no, absolute answer) and probability(Quantum-likelihood of something happening/working or a ratio to the whole number of cases possible)?

Cliff S, Dec 24, 2017
  8. roy111 Win User

How i get it is there is a fundamental difference between the bit and the Qbit, while a bit can only be 0 or 1, a Qbit can be both 0 and 1 (superposition). Now if you have 2 bits you can explore the outcome of 2 states (0 and 1) while with 2 Qbit 4 states and this grows exponentially with every Qbit you add so that where to solve a problem you need millions of cycles with a classical cpu you can solve it in one go (or a couple) with a Quantum computer( and all your password will be practically useless *Smile).

roy111, Dec 25, 2017
  9. I fully agree with you

hTconeM9user, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft releases free preview of Quantum Development Kit - Similar Threads - Microsoft releases free

2. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499 released to the Developer Channel

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499 released to the Developer Channel: Microsoft has released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499 to the Developer Channel. Let's dive in to see what's new, the bugs that were fixed, and of course new problems that have surfaced with this version. [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499...
  3. Windows Development kit multiple instances are safe?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Development kit multiple instances are safe?: Hi All,I'm using Windows 10 Home Single Language version 20H2.on my system apps it shows ...1. Windows Software Development Kit - Windows10.0.76299.15 = 1.99GB 2. Windows Software Development Kit - Windows10.0.17134.12 = 2.13GB 3. Windows Software Development Kit -...
  4. Microsoft open sourcing Quantum Development Kit in GitHub

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft open sourcing Quantum Development Kit in GitHub: At Microsoft, our Quantum mission is to develop and deploy the world’s most scalable, secure, quantum computing system and to support a rich ecosystem of domain experts, developers, and researchers to solve today’s most challenging problems. To help achieve this mission we...
  5. Fluent XAML Theme Editor Preview released for Windows Developers

in Windows 10 News
    Fluent XAML Theme Editor Preview released for Windows Developers: [ATTACH] We’re excited to announce the preview release of the Fluent XAML Theme Editor application! As some of you may remember from our Build 2018 session this year, we previewed a tool using our new ColorPaletteResources API that allows you to set the color theme of your...
  6. Intel IoT Developers Kit Permissions Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel IoT Developers Kit Permissions Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00173 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege Severity rating: MEDIUM Original release: 09/11/2018 Last revised: 09/11/2018 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in Intel® IoT Developers Kit may allow escalation...
  7. Remove Windows Software Development Kit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Windows Software Development Kit?: Win 10. Found SDK, which occupies 2.46 G. I did not install it; maybe it came with some utility. Or is it a part of Windows 10 which must be there? I don't intend to develop any software for a while, so if it isn't needed for the system I'll get rid of it. 27261
  8. Microsoft releases new free View 3D Preview app in Windows Store

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases new free View 3D Preview app in Windows Store: With the View 3D Preview, easily open and interact with 3D models on your PC. Use simple controls to see your 3MF, PLY, OBJ, FBX, and STL files from all angles! This app is currently available to Windows Insiders running a preview of the Windows 10 Creators Update (Build...
  9. Microsoft announces Cortana Skills Kit in public preview

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces Cortana Skills Kit in public preview: Microsoft announced today at Build 2017 a public preview of its Cortana Skills Kit that allows developers to create voice apps for the intelligent assistant. The Cortana Skills Kit will allow developers to: Leverage bots created with the Microsoft Bot Framework and...
  10. Firefox Quantum available as Beta and Developer Edition

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Quantum available as Beta and Developer Edition: Engines are important, both in cars and in browsers. That’s why we’re so revved up this morning – we’re releasing the Beta of a whole new Firefox, one that’s powered by a completely reinvented, modernized engine. Since the version number – 57 – can’t really convey the...