Windows 10: Microsoft removes Google’s Chrome installer from the Windows Store

Discus and support Microsoft removes Google’s Chrome installer from the Windows Store in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Google published a Chrome app in the Windows Store earlier today, which just directed users to a download link to install the browser. Microsoft isn’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by PaulGo, Dec 19, 2017.

1. PaulGo Win User

Microsoft removes Google’s Chrome installer from the Windows Store

Microsoft removes Google’s Chrome installer from the Windows Store - The Verge

PaulGo, Dec 19, 2017
  2. Josey Wales, Dec 19, 2017
  3. Why after install windows 10,my google chrome browser not working

You have to completely remove chrome not just uninstall.

The New Chrome 60 official build try this link to remove and then download and install from google not the link to make sure you get chrome 60 the latest.

How to completely Uninstall & Re-Install Google Chrome - wintips.org - Windows Tips & How-tos

OctavianQR, Dec 19, 2017
  4. Microsoft removes Google’s Chrome installer from the Windows Store

How to install Google Chrome on Lumia 640 XL LTE installed with Windows 10

Hello,

We realize your requirement in this regard.

You can download the same from Windows Store. However, we're unable to assure you the compatibility of the app with Windows 10, since it depends on developers side. Launch Windows Store. Type Google Chrome into the search bar, which you find on the top of
    the Windows Store and hit Enter key. From the search results, try to select the Google Chrome app which is from the official Google Inc. Click
    Install.

Done. Now google chrome is ready to use once it install successfully.

Keep posted if you require further assistance.

Thank you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Dec 19, 2017
  5. Micro$oft got their poor feelings hurt.

RECONBunny, Dec 19, 2017
  6. VBJP Win User
    It wasn't even Chrome it was just app to download chrome, so no loss there. For example apple's app store policies does not allow apps to download other apps, they should be self contained so that shouldn't be surprise, MS store have similar policy.
    It's probably less steps just to open Edge and download Chrome, than open store download chrome downloader and then download chrome.
    And after what google did with windows mobile apps for google services this seems very light.

7. Well Google tried to slip something in the Microsoft back door and got caught.

When you want to play in somebodies backyard, you play by their rules.

Why Google thought they could sneak that in, is be on me.

Jack

Layback Bear, Dec 20, 2017
  8. PaulGo Win User

PaulGo, Dec 20, 2017
  9. Well I don't agree with Peter Bright.

Neither Microsoft nor Google looks good in this Chrome-installer squabble | Ars Technica

Apple stores has rules.
    Microsoft stores has rules.
    Hell even a Walmart store has rules.

If one wants to play in someone's store, you play by their rules.
    Microsoft is trying to keep their store as safe as possible for their customers.

Come to think about it; this forum has rules that we must play by.
    This forum is one of Johns stores.
    I would think that John monitors his advertisers and the methods they use.
    It's his store and he is Boss.
    Thank you for shopping at Johns store.

Jack

Layback Bear, Dec 20, 2017
  10. PaulGo Win User
    I understand Microsoft does not want to promote one of its competitors, but Microsoft should also want its users to safely install software. From the article it states some Windows users of Chrome are getting malware by downloading Chrome from the wrong site. For an experienced user that hopefully would never happen, but for someone just starting out using Windows it could.

PaulGo, Dec 21, 2017
  11. That is fine.

Google has the money to create Chrome to the standards that Microsoft requires to offer programs in the Microsoft store.

Jack

Layback Bear, Dec 21, 2017
  12. Grom0X Win User
    Microsoft presenter installs Chrome during presentation because Edge won't work *Smile

[youtube]q4rL_Lnt6kA[/youtube]

Grom0X, Dec 21, 2017
  13. roy111 Win User

I do and this image better depict the situation:

Microsoft removes Google’s Chrome installer from the Windows Store [​IMG]

roy111, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft removes Google’s Chrome installer from the Windows Store - Similar Threads - Microsoft removes Google’s

2. Google chrome ,,[microsoft]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google chrome ,,[microsoft]: , https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E5%BE%9Egoogle-chrome/3262457d-c4b8-4095-a9b4-22c4b3f08224
  3. Google chrome ,,[microsoft]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google chrome ,,[microsoft]: , https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E5%BE%9Egoogle-chrome/3262457d-c4b8-4095-a9b4-22c4b3f08224
  4. HELP! How to remove Turbostream.icu from Google Chrome?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HELP! How to remove Turbostream.icu from Google Chrome?: A brief summation of how to safely and easily remove the Turbostream.icu permissions virus from Google Chrome, please if anyone can help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-how-to-remove-turbostreamicu-from-google/b187ddf5-7734-455f-a7a2-b029eb64aefd
  5. Google chrome not installing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google chrome not installing on Windows 10: my google chrome did not work so I searched up how to fix it. The internet said to uninstall chrome and then install it again but when I try to reinstall it, it did not download. the download bar didn't show up. I tried multiple times but it wont download....
  6. remove google chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove google chrome: remove chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-google-chrome/86cefee1-d340-445c-9c1c-507b5afee04e"
  7. Unable to remove Google Chrome from Xbox app

Unable to remove Google Chrome from Xbox app: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_xbox/google-chrome-in-xbox-app/b4c41265-705d-49eb-9e9a-e7f9dfd90367 I am having this same issue and none of the suggestion worked. I am running Chrome 71 on Windows 10 version 1809 10.0.17763.195....
  8. Using Microsoft Store with Google Chrome installed

Using Microsoft Store with Google Chrome installed: Just did a clean install of 1803 build, but i noticed after installing Google Chrome, Microsoft Store won't open. Any help appreciated to rectify this. Tried all the trouble shooters/diagnostics in windows as well. 120272
  9. Microsoft removes fake Google Photos app for Windows 10 from Store

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft removes fake Google Photos app for Windows 10 from Store: A Google Photos app recently hit the Microsoft Store (formerly known as Windows Store) and later we uncovered some evidence that confirmed the app was nothing more than a crap with ads that reportedly asked users to download a software. The app was simply called “Album by...
  10. how can i remove freeliveradio.co from google chrome?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how can i remove freeliveradio.co from google chrome?: how can i remove freeliveradio.co from google chrome? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_scanning-windows_10/freeliveradioco/41477ddf-b100-47a7-8147-79ca09f4790b