Windows 10: Microsoft reveals how it fixed the broken Windows Search feature

Discus and support Microsoft reveals how it fixed the broken Windows Search feature in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has finally realized that the search engine in Windows 10 has the potential to break other features. Microsoft says that there were enough... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 12, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft reveals how it fixed the broken Windows Search feature

Microsoft has finally realized that the search engine in Windows 10 has the potential to break other features. Microsoft says that there were enough people turning off Windows Search to fix issues like Excessive Disk Usage.

Windows Search is deeply integrated into the Windows 10 operating system and it powers the following features:

• All the features such as Cortana, File Explorer, and many UWP apps are powered by Search.
    • The Outlook email search is also powered by Windows Search.
    • It improves your browsing experience in Edge browser as it provides suggestions from your personal web history when you type in the Edge address bar.
    • It is used for the sync and change tracking logic in files on-demand.
    • The search index for Windows Search is stored on your machine. That means the data about your files will not leave your machine.
    • The new Timeline view uses the Windows Search.

“Despite significant changes across several Windows 10 releases, there were enough people turning it off Windows Search that we feared we might be missing a major underlying issue,” Microsoft explains.

Microsoft says that the users might have turned off the search feature to address excessive disk Usage, excessive CPU usage and many other issues. With the help of the feedback from Insiders, Microsoft managed to address the bugs.

“During a three-month campaign, if someone disabled Windows Search, a ‘toast’ would pop up on the screen asking why,” the company explains. Microsoft categorized the feedback and created a chart:

Microsoft reveals how it fixed the broken Windows Search feature Windows-Search-Feedback.jpg

The Search feature itself is broken

In other news, the users on social media website Reddit recently claimed that the search feature in Windows 10 doesn’t work. The search feature which is powered by Cortana and Bing has evolved a lot. But the search capability is somewhat broken, it’s far from flawless and errors show up when you search for basic stuff. It’s a lot easier to find the information on Windows 10 but the feature is not that reliable.

The search feature in Windows 10 is broken on specific sets of systems and you couldn’t reproduce the bugs. There are cases when users need to rebuild the index to fix the broken search feature but it’s very rare and there are other critical issues.

The post Microsoft reveals how it fixed the broken Windows Search feature appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 12, 2018
  2. STEvil Win User

Fan control for 4870X2 broken in 1.17

Fixed fan controls yes. Annoying profiles yes. Buggy code yes.

I'd rather just set it and forget it as the feature list of RBE suggested it was capable of doing.

STEvil, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Microsoft reveals how it fixed the broken Windows Search feature

Realtek audio broken with update, Also microsoft chat is broken

My audio is ruined with this last update, i've done every step and recommended action listed by microsoft and every suggestion on the first 20 pages of google search. Realtek is no longer showing up anywhere, like microsoft disabled it, microsoft chat is
    also broken, requesting to speak with a human brings you to a couple options, all of which are broken and clicking on "chat" closes the window and nothing happens, this is absolutely disgusting, i've spent the last 4 hours trying to get my tablet, my audio,
    and microsoft support to work.

way to treat your customers....................

[Moved from:Windows/Windows 10/Windows update, recovery, & backup]

StewartMckinna, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft reveals how it fixed the broken Windows Search feature

1. Microsoft reveals how it fixed the broken Windows Search feature - Similar Threads - Microsoft reveals fixed

2. Windows 10 Taskbar Search Feature Broken, Is There a Fix I Haven't Tried?

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Taskbar Search Feature Broken, Is There a Fix I Haven't Tried?: When attempting to use the search function, the screen remains stuck on this blue magnifying glass icon and does not update or show any results regardless of what is entered.STEPS ALREADY TAKEN TO ADDRESS ISSUE: PLEASE, DO NOT SIMPLY SUGGEST I REDO THE ITEMS ON THIS LISTNOTE:...
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar Search Feature Broken, Is There a Fix I Haven't Tried?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Taskbar Search Feature Broken, Is There a Fix I Haven't Tried?: When attempting to use the search function, the screen remains stuck on this blue magnifying glass icon and does not update or show any results regardless of what is entered.STEPS ALREADY TAKEN TO ADDRESS ISSUE: PLEASE, DO NOT SIMPLY SUGGEST I REDO THE ITEMS ON THIS LISTNOTE:...
  4. Windows 10 Taskbar Search Feature Broken, Is There a Fix I Haven't Tried?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft reveals new feature of modular Windows 10 X

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals new feature of modular Windows 10 X: Microsoft has been working on a new operating system called Windows 10 X, and it’s destined for use on dual-screen devices and even laptops. Microsoft is apparently looking to expand Windows 10 X’s presence beyond the traditional laptop and mobile use with a new feature...
  6. Microsoft reveals how Windows 10 Cloud recovery feature works

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals how Windows 10 Cloud recovery feature works: In 2020, Windows 10 is getting a new Cloud recovery feature that will allow users to download the OS from the cloud and speed up the recovery process. Windows 10 Cloud recovery or cloud reinstall would be more convenient for users with a high-speed Internet connection, and it...
  7. Microsoft reveals upcoming features for Windows 10 Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals upcoming features for Windows 10 Edge: Microsoft has shared the roadmap of the upcoming features and improvements for the Chromium-based Edge browser. The Edge team also revealed that feedback from testers has helped Microsoft to introduce features such as dark theme, built-in Bing Translate, privacy controls,...
  8. Screenshots reveal Microsoft’s Windows 10 Cloud Reinstall feature

in Windows 10 News
    Screenshots reveal Microsoft’s Windows 10 Cloud Reinstall feature: Microsoft recently confirmed it’s working on a new feature that would allow users to reinstall Windows 10 using a system image stored in the cloud. Microsoft says references to Windows 10’s Cloud download option can be found in the preview builds of Windows 10 20H1, but the...
  9. Microsoft reveals how the new Windows 10 Enhanced Search feature works

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals how the new Windows 10 Enhanced Search feature works: Windows 10’s 2019 update codenamed 19H1 is all set to improve the search feature that has always been widely used by the users. Microsoft recently confirmed that the company is working to address the issues that users have experienced with the built-in search tool and improve...
  10. Fix broken Search shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Fix broken Search shortcuts: I have reinstalled my audio drivers and whenever I type "Dell Audio" on the Start menu, it pops up but doesn't work whenever I click it. (1st picture) [img] The shortcut under the Start menu folders works, though. (2nd picture) [img] 87093