Windows 10: Microsoft Ruined Best Dedicate Sound Card 250$ worth with 1709 Update

Discus and support Microsoft Ruined Best Dedicate Sound Card 250$ worth with 1709 Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Only is enough to Creative explain that can't fix sound from SBZxR and I will back to Windows 7, We think about living on other planet, 1st software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vlada011, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Vlada011 Win User

Microsoft Ruined Best Dedicate Sound Card 250$ worth with 1709 Update

Only is enough to Creative explain that can't fix sound from SBZxR and I will back to Windows 7,
    We think about living on other planet, 1st software company on planet not capable to optimize own updates with hardware.
    We are doomed, our species is Alan Ford comics.
    Dolby Pack not exist, DTS Pack not exist and can't be installed after this Update.
    Mixing channels, now I here center, later all speakers, than only front no center.
    Madness. Madness.

I never had problem with Sound Cards, dedicate or Onboard.
    Suddenly I heared for Update 1709 and thought to update him because 15xx to 1703 was fine.
    But accidentaly I found complains of other people and I didn't done that.
    After few days I notice sound card work different, one driver installation, second, nothing help... I checked little OS, device manager Audio Controller different I remember than that Windows several times asked me reinstallation, I thought some Updates for who knows what... I go to check what he done... Shock.. 1709, not anymore 1703.

:)

Vlada011, Dec 12, 2017
  2. grschinon Win User

SUCH LOW MUSIC PLAYER VOLUME FOR SUCH A COSTLY PHONE???

So, a dedicated media player is better at playing media than a mobile phone. Wow! Who'd have guessed that...

Oh, and louder doesn't always mean better unless the aim is to ruin your ears.

grschinon, Dec 12, 2017
  3. Rear Mic not working for both on board sound and sound card

Issue still persists on both the dedicated sound card and mobo. Front mic works and that port is connected to the dedicated sound card.

GarretGiordano, Dec 12, 2017
  4. Microsoft Ruined Best Dedicate Sound Card 250$ worth with 1709 Update

muchomurka, Dec 13, 2017
  5. Barman58 Win User
    It is the responsibility of the device manufacturer to develop and issue suitable drivers for their hardware, not Microsoft.

It is up to creative technologies to write a suitable driver for their cards to work with each version of windows as released.best to keep checking their site for news

Of course Creative may just be late with the issue of new drivers or, as they have in the past, decided to ignore their responsibilities and decided not to release a new driver, in the hope that people will buy other models that have suitable drivers

Barman58, Dec 13, 2017
  6. Windows as a service sounds great, in theory, but the reality is different. Each upgrade is basically the new Windows and MS dictates, what is what, it changes things at will and manufacturers have hard time keeping up, since they are being kept in the dark until the last minute. In the past XP was always XP, 7 was 7, but 10 is not 10, even a "simple" update can ruing something. It is as you said, it is madness. I had issues with Creative Z as well.

Lost sound after latest Windows 10 update (Sound Blaster Z) Solved - Windows 10 Forums

TairikuOkami, Dec 13, 2017
  7. I disagree. It is a responsibility of OS vendor to keep proper user-selected drivers (and programs and settings and...), not to replace them with its crappy ones. Instead, MS behaves as wilful destroyer of our systems.

muchomurka, Dec 13, 2017
  8. Barman58 Win User

With the rolling Beta program available in the insider program even small manufacturers have no excuse to not know if their hardware still works with each upcoming Windows release.

Unfortunately a lot of manufacturers fail to follow the design guidelines for Windows and insist on using their own non standard calls and code. Which results in their software & drivers failing on a new revision when an internal call changes but their hardwired code does not adapt as the correct code does

Barman58, Dec 13, 2017
  9. fireberd Win User
    I agree with Barman. Its the hardware vendor's responsibility. Microsoft releases updates for vendors well ahead of the actual release to the public. Thus the vendor's have time, if they want, to develop what is needed to maintain compliance with the OS. Its not Microsoft's responsibility to make the OS compatible with other hardware. It is no different in the Apple world, vendors have to issue compatible drivers when Apple updates their OS.

Many of us in the recording studio area had issues with some recording and music hardware when Win 10 was first released to the public. There were several years of beta Win 10's released to vendors but some dragged their feet and failed to have Win 10 compatible drivers when Win 10 was first released to the public. My Roland recording interface unit was part of that as Roland was not ready when Win 10 was released. It was about 3 weeks later that Roland finally released Win 10 drivers (made them "plug and play").

fireberd, Dec 13, 2017
  10. Vlada011 Win User
    I heared that Microsfot made serious changes with New 1709 Update and that manufacturers of hardware, in this case sound cards will face with real challenge to optimize their hardware.
    If best peace of PCI-E sound hardware launch realatively soon, to serve us at least 10 years fail after 3 years because MS Update manufacturers as ASUS and Creative will faced with serious losing profit.
    We had problem, huge problems, (customers who want dedicate sound card and recognize difference) to explain to gamers that investment in sound card worth 150-200-250$ worth because they are not outdated after 3 years as graphic cards.
    This madness only force more people to turn to onboard audio solutions.

I have 250$ worth hardware in PC not connected.
    I had SBZ 4 years and worked great. Because I had option to buy new SBZxR for 120 euro I spend only 50euro on upgrade after compensate rest of money selling my old SBZ. Sound improvement, huge sound improvements are notice immediately even on Youtube clips. I recognize difference even few months later because I used long time on SBZ and this was real upgrade. Everything was perfect until 1709 update.

Now SBZxR mean nothing. I can't install drivers because mess start.
    Windows Sound is not capable to see 5.1 speakers before driver is installed not after 1709 Update.
    SupremeFX on Rampage V Edition 10 recognized by Windows and give me option to change to 5.1 even before drivers installed.
    Difference between SupremeFX and SBZxR is huge but now SupremeFX serve me better thanks to this update.
    That's not fair.

Vlada011, Dec 14, 2017
  11. swarfega Win User
    My Creative Zx works fine on the current insider build, as does my new Creative AE5.

Try uninstalling the drivers, reboot and reinstall as necessary. The latest ZxR driver release is 23rd February 2017 so make sure you have that.

swarfega, Dec 14, 2017
  12. sygnus21 Win User
    As one who owns a SoundBlaster ZxR card, I can tell you Creative had issues going all the way back to the initial release of Windows 10 with the ZxR card, so it's not just the recent updates.

Anyway the last driver update was Feb of this year (2017). Perhaps you could try those to see if your issues go away. And I've not seen (let alone used) the Dolby Pack or DTS Pack in years; And as far as I remember it never did work properly under Windows 10, but if you had it working that's good for you.

Regardless, I can't tell you how my ZxR card is fairing since I no longer have it installed in my system. I no longer have a need for a soundcard being I use a high end USB DAC pushing my powered speakers.

sygnus21, Dec 15, 2017
  13. Vlada011 Win User

My Sound Blaster ZxR worked good with 1703 and DTS Pack and Dolby are visible in Control Panel before 1709 update.
    It's tragic I see people who complain on Onboard Sound Card with new Windows 10. That's completely insane and from one side computer become useless. For most people sound and picture are absolutely same and necessary for normal PC.

Vlada011, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Ruined Best Dedicate Sound Card 250$ worth with 1709 Update - Similar Threads - Microsoft Ruined Best

2. Is sound card worth replacing my audio codec Realtek ALC887?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is sound card worth replacing my audio codec Realtek ALC887?: I have a huge problem. My mic is picking up my voice and every single soundf.e system sounds, game sounds And I think it's because of my codec alc887, because Microsoft community managerif i remember told me that your video codec is too old. And I want to can soundcard fix...
  3. Is sound card worth replacing my audio codec Realtek ALC887?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is sound card worth replacing my audio codec Realtek ALC887?: I have a huge problem. My mic is picking up my voice and every single soundf.e system sounds, game sounds And I think it's because of my codec alc887, because Microsoft community managerif i remember told me that your video codec is too old. And I want to can soundcard fix...
  4. Is sound card worth replacing my audio codec Realtek ALC887?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows update ruines sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update ruines sound: EVerytime, I still dont know what procedures i go through to fix it, a bunch of random reboots and frustration and it starts working again. The headphone jack doesnt know its plugged in, this is a software issue, the smart jack is so smart. Sound test works playing through...
  6. Windows update ruines sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update ruines sound: EVerytime, I still dont know what procedures i go through to fix it, a bunch of random reboots and frustration and it starts working again. The headphone jack doesnt know its plugged in, this is a software issue, the smart jack is so smart. Sound test works playing through...
  7. Laptops with a dedicated graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptops with a dedicated graphics card: A friend of mine has just bought a laptop with Windows 10 and a dedicated graphics card. I am attaching a few screenshots below so that I can ask you a few questions.1. In PCs a dedicated graphics card is a totally separate piece of hardware, but what about laptops with a...
  8. Best Card for $250

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Best Card for $250: I'm building a ryzen 3600x and I don't want to spend over $250 for a GPU so what would be the best card I can buy?
  9. New update ruined graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New update ruined graphics card: This new update (KB4465477) has made it so my projector and graphics card no longer work together. The computer was plugged in to the projector, everything worked fine, and then I updated, when the computer restarted from this update, my projector notified me that I was out...
  10. Windows Update ruined my Graphic card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update ruined my Graphic card: Sinces a few updates ago (everything worked well on march of this year) My Photoshop started to has issues and then, my Blender startet to render a really horrible 3D images using my gpu, I really tried to avoid these updates but you didn't let me, you forced me to update,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update ruined my soundcard