Windows 10: Microsoft says 14 million computers now running Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft says 14 million computers now running Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; PALO ALTO: Microsoft says its' new Windows 10 operating system is now running on more than 14 million computers, two days after the software was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Mystere, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Mystere Win User

Microsoft says 14 million computers now running Windows 10

Source: Microsoft says 14 million computers now running Windows 10 - The Economic Times

Mystere, Jul 30, 2015
  2. vgchat Win User

14M in 2 days is pretty good considering the upgrade waves. Wait until the upgrade waves are over, then update us with the new number.

:)

vgchat, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Coin Balance Disappears on Microsoft Jackpot

You are not alone. One post says approx. 14 million users affected. I tried numerous "fixes", still had to enter password, and lost all my coins. worked on it for three full days. Finally gave up and went back to Windows 8. Going with Apple computer
    after Christmas. Much less headaches. I have business to run and can't put up with all the failures on Microsoft 10.

DarrellSmithKY, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Shilohbob Win User

Shilohbob, Jul 30, 2015
  5. machare Win User
    So how many compatible PCs are there? (or how many W7, W8 licences are there?)

machare, Jul 30, 2015
  6. vgchat Win User
    Well according to steam, 95.77 percent of all steam users use windows. And apparently steam has 125 million users. it looks a bit like this..

Windows 7 64 bit 45.92%
    Windows 8.1 64 bit 31.22%
    Windows 7 9.78%
    Windows 8 64 bit 3.10%
    Windows XP 32 bit 3.07%
    Windows 10 64 bit 1.05%
    Windows 8.1 0.63%
    Windows Vista 32 bit 0.44%
    Windows 8 0.25%
    Windows Vista 64 bit 0.21%
    Windows 10 0.05%

THEN, we have all the business computers not allowed to use steam. And then we have mobile devices that are eligible for windows 10, including tablets/phones/other small smart devices

vgchat, Jul 30, 2015
  7. Boozad Win User
    There's two more in our house when the notification finally comes through.

Boozad, Jul 30, 2015
  8. altae Win User

Why don't you just download the Iso and update when you want to and not when MS thinks it's time?

altae, Jul 31, 2015
  9. vgchat Win User
    That's what I did for my computer & sisters laptop.

vgchat, Jul 31, 2015
  10. Cr00zng Win User
    The referenced article states, quote:

I am not certain, if the "in stores" also means online stores...

Then there's the W10 TP users, that has probably shown up the Steam stats, posted by vgchat.

It's still a good number, regardless how it's diced...

Cr00zng, Jul 31, 2015
  11. Boozad Win User
    I can't be bothered. They hardly get used so it'll come when it's ready.

Boozad, Jul 31, 2015
  12. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Statistics can mean anything you want them to.

I'm running around 20 (yes 20) machines on W10 -- but a lot of these are simply Virtual Machines --I'll bet Ms actually hasn't a clue about the number of Windows 10 installations out there. It can surmise of course how many IT has released or the number of downloads from its servers but it can't possibly know HOW MANY installations people have done (or how many people have obtained W10 from alternative sources).

Until W10 is licensed and activated properly (there's zillions of Free versions being used - legally - such as Insider editions) Ms can't possibly have any idea on the number being used.

However what Ms CAN say is that W10 has had an infinitely better reception than W8 did and judging by the activity on the W10 Forum lately I would suppose that W10 WILL be a success as far as the number of people using it are concerned. Now whether it will generate piles of CASH for ms is another issue.

All those freebies out there won't translate into millions lashing out 199 USD for a copy either !!! --I expect the torrents will get busy again with alternative "licensing" methods once the freebies get rained back !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 31, 2015
  13. Wenda Win User

Better make that 13,999,999 because I just got rid of it.

Well, I'm back on 10162 at present. But I'll be back on 8.1 by morning.

Might do an upgrade over a quick & dirty 7 install later, or a clean install and stay an insider.

But I'm not sacrificing my 8.1 licence for this.

Wenda, Jul 31, 2015
  14. BillyBob Win User
    Better make that 14,000,003 because I just sacrificed 4 licences, and I don't feel any pain at all, still got one 8.1 licence, but that'll go too. I like 8.1 love 10.
    My motto is, Never look back.

BillyBob, Jul 31, 2015
  15. Ztruker Win User
    Wenda, you're not sacrificing your Windows 8.1 license. It's still there any time you want to dump 10 and go back to 8.1. No different than any other Windows upgrade restrictions.

Ztruker, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft says 14 million computers now running Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft says million

2. one million useless process running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    one million useless process running: why am i the only one that see an issue with an endless list of windows services running nonstop 24/7 using all my CPU to the point I can not even use the computer. How does one become an MVP and fail to see this huge issue with windows 10. Nonstop useless services running....
  3. Windows 10 is now on more than 900 million devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is now on more than 900 million devices: #Windows10 is on more than 900M devices! Thanks to our customers, we added more new Windows 10 devices in the last 12 months than ever before. From PCs to HoloLens to Xbox to Surface Hub, Windows continues to power innovationwith more to come next week! More:...
  4. Windows 10 now installed and running on more than 800 million devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 now installed and running on more than 800 million devices: Thank you to all our customers and partners for helping us achieve 800 million #Windows10 devices and the highest customer satisfaction in the history of Windows. Source: Microsoft by the Numbers Tweet — Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter 128486
  5. Windows 10 Now Has 350 Million Active Users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Now Has 350 Million Active Users: Microsoft announced two major Windows 10 milestones this morning: There are now over 350 million devices running Windows 10. And the system’s first major and free upgrade, called the Anniversary update, will arrive on August 2. I spoke with Microsoft’s Terry Myerson about...
  6. Windows 10 Mobile Already Running on 1 Million Phones

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile Already Running on 1 Million Phones: The final OS is projected to launch in the coming weeks [img] Microsoft has recently revealed that Windows 10 was running on 200 million devices across the world, explaining that adoption of the new operating system goes much better than it did in the case of...
  7. Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices: Today, Yusuf Mehdi, Corporate Vice President of Marketing for Windows and Devices, shared some fun Windows 10 facts via Twitter. Check out the full list below! Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 1yksa_z8jU8 19278
  8. Microsoft says Windows 10 now on 600 million monthly active devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft says Windows 10 now on 600 million monthly active devices: Windows 10 is now on 600 million active monthly devices. That updated figure -- up from 500 million in March 2017 -- is from CEO Satya Nadella, who shared the latest figure during Microsoft's annual shareholders meeting in Bellevue, Wash. on November 29. (Thanks to...
  9. Windows 10 upgrades: Microsoft sued for millions

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 upgrades: Microsoft sued for millions: Three Illinois residents are leading a class-action suit against Microsoft over data loss and damage to their computers, which they blame on the Windows 10 upgrade. It's been two years since Microsoft began pushing its Windows 10 upgrade to consumers, and complaints about...
  10. Microsoft says Windows 10 is now running on 270 million devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft says Windows 10 is now running on 270 million devices: Microsoft says Windows 10 is now running on 270 million devices In the opening keynote for its Build conference in San Francisco, Microsoft's Terry Myerson announced that the number of active devices has risen sharply since the start of the year. But can that pace...