Windows 10: Microsoft Scammer - Remote Access to my Computer

Discus and support Microsoft Scammer - Remote Access to my Computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My dad was using my computer when he clicked a link, which caused a red screen to pop up with a phone number to call Microsoft, threatening saying your... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by T1R027, Aug 17, 2018.

1. T1R027 Win User

Microsoft Scammer - Remote Access to my Computer

My dad was using my computer when he clicked a link, which caused a red screen to pop up with a phone number to call Microsoft, threatening saying your computer has been infected by a virus, etc. Typical scam. Well my dad actually did call and gave them remote access to install files onto my computer. Obviously, it was for a fee which we already took care of with the credit card company.

I do have two questions:

1. I did a factory reset of my computer, but after reading, it seems like there could be a chance that hidden files that "may" have been installed in the background could still linger. Should I take it to Geek Squad to wipe out my hard drive? Or should I try and format my hard drive and reinstall everything? If so, how would I go about doing that? Or am I safe by just doing a factory reset?

2. My computer and my laptop share the same Microsoft username. I know they are linked but not entirely linked (such as the backgrounds will change together, but downloaded files don't appear on both the computer and laptop. Since the scammers got onto my computer, could my laptop be affected too? My laptop was not on when they had remote access to my computer, but it shares the same wifi.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

:)

T1R027, Aug 17, 2018

2. How to get remote access?

I wanted to know as how to remote access to windows computer from linux computer.....

kevin_white77, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Remote access

In this case, we suggest checking this
    link
    to learn more about using the Remote Desktop app. This article will guide you on how to remotely access a desktop PC or a mobile device. For additional troubleshooting can you also answer the following questions:

• Is your computer connected to a domain?
    • Are you receiving error messages when using
      the Remote Desktop app?

We will wait for your reply.

Jefferson Ore, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Microsoft Scammer - Remote Access to my Computer

My computer can not be accessed by Microsoft?

Hi,

We do not work for Microsoft and have nothing to do with their Tech Support Staff.

And before you let anyone use Remote Access to your Device, read this about this Community:

Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions - Microsoft Community

Community User Cautions

• Be very cautious about accepting direct help from another user. If that user suggest he use Remote Assistance to help you, be aware that he will have access to your computer, and that your computer could be hacked.
    • If you volunteer to help another user through Remote Access, be very careful not to harm their computer in any way, or to access information that is not openly made available to you. Abuse of Remote Access will not be tolerated, and will result in your
      being banned from the community.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

You are always welcome to post your computer problems here, as there is no cost for any assistance that you receive from here.

If you wish to post a question/thread about a computer hardware/software problem here, choose the correct Forum to do so in from this link:

Microsoft Community

"Suggestions for asking a question on help forums"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375/en-us

Regards.

Bill Smithers, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Scammer - Remote Access to my Computer

1. Microsoft Scammer - Remote Access to my Computer - Similar Threads - Microsoft Scammer Remote

2. Scammers Remote Controlling My Computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scammers Remote Controlling My Computer: So, earlier some person I know ended falling in a scam and gave other people access to him computer remotely. I tried to find the app they were using to do this, but they always closed the the tabs and were trying even to stop me from turning the computer off. Because of that...
  3. Computer Locked by Scammers

Computer Locked by Scammers: I've just got a laptop in that's running Windows 10. The owner thought he was dealing with his broadband provider as he has been having trouble with his internet. However, it turns out it was a scam and he allowed them access to his laptop. When they asked him to login to his...
  4. Can Microsoft correct a scammer who got into my computer?

Can Microsoft correct a scammer who got into my computer?: Can Microsoft eliminate a scammer who posed as them made changes to my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/can-microsoft-correct-a-scammer-who-got-into-my/0dce4bd7-f1b9-469d-83e5-56a722a96a53
  5. Remotely accessing one of my other computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remotely accessing one of my other computer: Is there a way I can remotely open a computer that has my microsoft account as the administrative account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remotely-accessing-one-of-my-other-computer/60e12cfc-cb51-4765-a84b-66237aad8e3b
  6. Scammer accessing my computer

Scammer accessing my computer: He said he worked for MS said my anti virus had expired, He said he needed to access my PC to install the new software. It took me 15 mins on the phone with him to make up my mind, weather or not to give him access, to my computer, but I did! MORON Any ways The...
  7. I allowed a scammer remote access to my computer....what now?

I allowed a scammer remote access to my computer....what now?: How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-allowed-a-scammer-remote-access-to-my/639b38bc-2a9f-4d5d-925f-2574b8aa1405
  8. scammer had remote access to pc for five minutes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    scammer had remote access to pc for five minutes: hi I restored pc to factory settings with every thing removed and the pc runs well and I have added malewarebytes pro which scans daily and has found nothing . could a rootkit placed remotely by the scammer survive and run undetected thanks peter...
  9. scammers had control of my computer,

scammers had control of my computer,: How do I determine if they planted a back door, to enter my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/scammers-had-control-of-my-computer/fa6ead2b-dda6-48dd-9ffb-2883db669c51
  10. How to allow remote access to my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to allow remote access to my computer: I tried to allow remote access to my computer but when I opened the remoe tab on the advnced setup only the upper part shown. see the photo. no radio button to choose is shown. How to solve that? 93868

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Scammer got remote access to my phonr