Windows 10: Microsoft send Win10 prep files

Discus and support Microsoft send Win10 prep files in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi All, Was browsing a site yesterday and seen a writeup on something Microsoft done. The heading on the site is below. "Unforced error – Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Scramjet, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Scramjet Win User

Microsoft send Win10 prep files

Hi All,
    Was browsing a site yesterday and seen a writeup on something Microsoft done. The heading on the site is below.

"Unforced error – Windows 10 downloads unto ALL eligible PC’s like it or not"

It seems Microsoft done this to all who reserved Win10.
    I didn't see it mentioned on this forum so I did not want to post the link.
    Wondering if the mods here know anything about this statement?

cheers

:)

Scramjet, Sep 12, 2015
  2. AndrewMZO Win User

Problems with installing Windows 10 Home OEM on New PC

When trying to install windows I can only get the first green checkmark when its copying files, when it comes to prepping the installation files it fails, but I just recently bought it. I've also tried disconnecting my SSD and using my new HDD but same results
    with an error once it starts prepping installation files.

AndrewMZO, Sep 12, 2015
  3. Ed Reddy Win User
    Windows 10 Says I needed better Video Card. Ok - fixed that...now what?

My initial Windows 10 eval of my machine said my video card wasn't compatible. When I now go and say get windows 10, it still is complaining about my old video card (now removed and replaced with a Win10 compatible version).

So...what gives? How do I ask the Win10 prep app to re-scan my machine and install Win10?

Anyone? Microsoft send Win10 prep files :)

Ed

Ed Reddy, Sep 12, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

> It seems Microsoft done this to all who reserved Win10.

According to what I read, the statement is wrong. The update has not only been downloaded to PCs, on which the upgrade had been reserved, but to all Windows 7/8.1 PCs.

Joergi, Sep 12, 2015
  5. Scramjet Win User
    Well that's not a good move for MS. *Sad

Scramjet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft send Win10 prep files - Similar Threads - Microsoft send Win10

2. Prepping for automatic repair / windows password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Prepping for automatic repair / windows password: Hi Having issues with my windows 10 PC. Starting up it will prompt 'Prepping for automatic repair' then ask me to log in. I forgot the account password so I reset it using my cell phone. The new credentials will not let me log in after several attempts. Is there a...
  3. 1-1 Clone of Win8.1 HDD didnt work (prep for win10 upgrade)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1-1 Clone of Win8.1 HDD didnt work (prep for win10 upgrade): So my dad did some of his research on gaming oriented hard drives, and he got interested with firecuda desktop drives, so I bought him a 2 TB Firecuda Desktop Drive and it came in today (yes I know there are better ones, but he's adamant on firecuda, and im not touching that...
  4. How to prep for a new router?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to prep for a new router?: In about a week I am getting a new router and want to be reasonably prepared. My local network consists of 4 computers (all running Win 10 1903), 3 NAS drives (all using SMB 3, I think - definitely no SMB 1), and a printer. All devices use dynamic IP addresses and will...
  5. Sending file

Sending file: How to send file over 25 MB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sending-file/41828ca1-12ac-4a0b-b1bf-698e28ded456"
  6. Sending Zip files

Sending Zip files: I've been sending Zip files with no problems in past but this year these same files have been unable to be opened. The ERROR message when trying to open is Ox 8000 4005. Running Windows 10 on my System. Have done some research & it is possible the Zip Compression Method...
  7. Does Win10 have a native tool for sending files to an Android Phone?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does Win10 have a native tool for sending files to an Android Phone?: Is there a way to right click on a file in Explorer and send/share it directly to my phone or has this not been implemented yet by Microsoft? If not, I'd think that many Win 10 users would love to have this feature. I've been using an Android app to get this done but would...
  8. Activation and sys prep

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation and sys prep: I am creating a Windows 10 64 bit LTSB 2016 image and I am going to do a copy profile. I want my default profile to have a customized Start menu. With personal folder, file explorer, etc on the left side. So I activated it. When I run copy profile (sys prep) do I need to...
  9. Prep for Donating My Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Prep for Donating My Computer: What can I do to protect myself before donating my computer? *Smile 48195
  10. Win7 to Win10 Tips & Tricks (Install Prep Guide)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win7 to Win10 Tips & Tricks (Install Prep Guide): After searching through multiple threads I am seeing assistance at all levels on what to do when errors and BSODs occur during or after installing Win10. This is relative to ISO or upgrades, all inclusive. As I have NOT installed Win10 on any of our systems yet, I am seeking...