Windows 10: Microsoft shares its vision of the future

Discus and support Microsoft shares its vision of the future in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has released a new video on its work oriented account to share its vision of the future. It's all about massive, thin displays, holograms and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft shares its vision of the future

Read more:

[youtube]w-tFdreZB94[/youtube]

:)

Brink, Feb 25, 2015
  2. [ Pete ] Win User

Bing Vision missing in my Lumia 720

It looks as though Microsoft is gradually retiring Bing Vision (features have been removed with each successive update, it seems).

You're probably better sticking with third party lenses to replace the Bing Vision apps until we have a clear idea of how Microsoft wants to re-enter this feature set. It may be that Cortana will take on this task, allowing her to open her eyes as well
    as her ears and mouth.

At this point though, we don't know the future for Bing Vision.

[ Pete ], Feb 25, 2015
  3. teodragos Win User
    Windows Start and Notification stopped working on Win 10 x64 build 16299.248. Also all apps opens and closes.

Dear Patricia Yu,

Suddenly everything works as should be, I don't know what Microsoft did.

But a week I could not access apps and other features.

Case closed for now.

Solution Unknown!

This is the human future in the Microsoft AI vision, or who knows this high level manipulation.

Regards.

teodragos, Feb 25, 2015
  4. Vladimir Win User

Very nice !

~edit~

I'll be here patiently waiting what is to come.

*Smile

Vladimir, Feb 25, 2015
  5. Wynona Win User
    Yes, nice, but where is our new build? We natives are getting restless as well as bored!

Wynona, Feb 25, 2015
  6. Wynona Win User
    Wow!!! I spoke too soon! That is one amazing video and I want one of those fold-out things (whatever they'll be called) for myself right now!

Wynona, Feb 25, 2015
  7. I will be ordering one of those thin displays as shown at about the 3:40 mark of the video as soon as they are available.

IownAmoneyPit, Feb 25, 2015
  8. LEE
    Lee Win User

The sad part of all this is that I won't be around for it. . .put still Science is great. . .*Biggrin

9. Wynona Win User
    Although it's not logical that I will be either, I think I'm going to live forever just so I can experience all this!

Wynona, Feb 25, 2015
  10. LEE
    Lee Win User
    . . . Good Luck to you. . .*Thumbs

11. BunnyJ New Member
    It'll show up in good time.. but in the mean time I'm just living with 9926 and loving every bit of it. *Biggrin

BunnyJ, Feb 26, 2015
  12. The wonderful thing about marketing promotion videos is the promise of what might be done.

Lots of 13 year old Minority Report type stuff in there:

How Accurate Were Minority Report’s Technology Precogs?

How 'Minority Report' Trapped Us In A World Of Bad Interfaces

Still, it's cool if they only get some of it done in the next 5 years.

Slartybart, Feb 26, 2015
  13. Vladimir Win User

Surely we'll get there much before 2054 !

~edit~

... maybe not the precogs thing ...

*Smile

Vladimir, Feb 26, 2015
  14. jeffrys Win User
    yes, video was impressive, liked it a lot

Jeff

jeffrys, Feb 26, 2015
  15. Awesome but when ? 3015 ?

Fahadking07, Feb 26, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft shares its vision of the future - Similar Threads - Microsoft shares vision

2. Will Microsoft add the drag and drop function in the taskbar in its future updates ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Microsoft add the drag and drop function in the taskbar in its future updates ?: I have recently moved from windows 10 to windows 11 and just missing the function of taskbar that was dragging and dropping files from one app to another or just dragging shortcuts from desktop screen to taskbar to pin it there. I just hope if Microsoft can do something about...
  3. Will Microsoft add the drag and drop function in the taskbar in its future updates ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Microsoft add the drag and drop function in the taskbar in its future updates ?: I have recently moved from windows 10 to windows 11 and just missing the function of taskbar that was dragging and dropping files from one app to another or just dragging shortcuts from desktop screen to taskbar to pin it there. I just hope if Microsoft can do something about...
  4. Microsoft Edge could have a new Sharing menu in the future.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge could have a new Sharing menu in the future.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/o6llm3/microsoft_edge_could_have_a_new_sharing_menu_in/
  5. The Future Vision of Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 News
    The Future Vision of Microsoft 365: Productivity is personal. Who we are as human beings deeply influences productivity as both a process and an outcome. Our values and beliefs, the needs of our families, our personalities and preferences, how energized or deflated we feel when seeing our Calendars or To Dos...
  6. Microsoft Vision 2017 x64 Redistributable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Vision 2017 x64 Redistributable: I was downloading Microsoft Vision 2017 x64 Redistributable, but I decided it took too long, but I couldn't press the grayed-out X button. I restarted the computer hoping it would close the tab, but now when I log in, it shows an infinite welcome screen. I opened Safe Mod...
  7. Microsoft’s job post teases its new vision for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s job post teases its new vision for Windows 10: A new job post from Microsoft shows futuristic arenas, hinting at Windows 10 UI changes to develop new ways to use your device. The changes are likely to be part of Windows 10X first, which is specifically designed for new form-factors and it will allow consumers to run one...
  8. Computex 2018 - Microsoft shares vision for future of computing

in Windows 10 News
    Computex 2018 - Microsoft shares vision for future of computing: Today at Computex 2018, Nick Parker, Corporate Vice President, Consumer and Device Sales – along with executives from Microsoft’s engineering, marketing, and research teams – shared more about our vision for the future of computing and the opportunity it represents for our...
  9. W10 and its future interaction with 3rd party software.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 and its future interaction with 3rd party software.: I might be way off base with this but thought I'd throw the question out there and see what you think. When a new OS is released (such as W7 from Vista, or W8/8.1 from W7 and so on, then OS specific software often doesn't run correctly. I've experienced that with backup...
  10. Microsoft "Future Visions" Short Stories eBook Out Today

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft "Future Visions" Short Stories eBook Out Today: [img] The Microsoft "Future Visions" short stories eBook is out today. Future Visions: Original Science Fiction Stories Inspired by Microsoft is an anthology of short stories written by some of today’s greatest science fiction authors. These visionary stories explore...