Windows 10: Microsoft shows off the modern Skype’s upcoming split view feature on Windows

Discus and support Microsoft shows off the modern Skype’s upcoming split view feature on Windows in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The Redmond-based Microsoft has recently announced that it has changed its plan concerning the discontinuation of classic Skype in September. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 16, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft shows off the modern Skype’s upcoming split view feature on Windows

The Redmond-based Microsoft has recently announced that it has changed its plan concerning the discontinuation of classic Skype in September. The support for classic Skype will continue for some time and it will be discontinued when the modern version of Skype is feature-rich.

“We are working to bring all the features you’ve asked for into Skype 8,” the Microsoft Agent said. Decision to retire the old Skype app and replace it with new modern version was met with some pretty harsh criticism.

Microsoft remains committed to Skype and the company is working on a new update for the messaging client that will add back the split view feature. Thanks to the feedback, Microsoft appears to have picked up a design for the split view and the company is internally testing it.

“Hey split view fans: Look what’s running on my desktop! Dogfooding and QA time (thanks for survey feedback!). And no, I’m not commenting on the schedule yet,” Microsoft’s Peter Skillman said in a tweet.

Hey split view fans: Look what’s running on my desktop! Dogfooding and QA time (thanks for survey feedback!). And no, I’m not commenting on the schedule yet. pic.twitter.com/AhWlObfXHp

— peter skillman (@peterskillman) August 15, 2018

The post Microsoft shows off the modern Skype’s upcoming split view feature on Windows appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 16, 2018
  2. kwdavids Win User

Can't install "Skype for modern windows"

The Microsoft web pages say that there is a new "Skype for Modern Windows" app. When I follow the links for it, I arrive at the Windows Store, which says "This product is installed." When I view All Apps, only one Skype is listed "Skype for desktop" in a
    folder named "Skype." If I select "Open" from the Windows store, I get Skype version 7.5 which
    looks like a desktop app with a menu bar across the top.

I uninstalled Skype 7.5 using the Uninstall a Program control panel applet. The Windows Store says that it's still installed. Now, when I click Open in the Store I get a page with nothing on it but a "Download Skype" button. That takes me to a page labeled
    "Skype for Windows desktop setup." It has a link for "Skype for tablet" and that goes to a page with link to "Modern Windows" and that page has a "Get Skype for modern Windows" link and that page takes me to the Windows store, which says Skype is already
    installed.

So I've gone full circle and gotten nowhere.

This is a Microsoft Surface 3 Pro upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

PS: I saw another question similar to mine, but the answer won't work because the Windows Store has changed and doesn't have the interface features required to implement the solution.

kwdavids, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Fourstaff Win User
    Microsoft to Acquire Skype for Over $8 billion

Windows Live Messenger is still "free". I think the founders of Skype split the company into two, with a holding company for the patents and another for the "front end" Skype, which is what Microsoft is aquiring. Based on that I think we will not see WLM integrating with Skype. I could be wrong though.

Fourstaff, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Microsoft shows off the modern Skype’s upcoming split view feature on Windows

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft shows off the modern Skype’s upcoming split view feature on Windows

1. Microsoft shows off the modern Skype’s upcoming split view feature on Windows - Similar Threads - Microsoft shows off

2. Please modernize Windows 10 in upcoming updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please modernize Windows 10 in upcoming updates.: Dear Microsoft, As you remember in Windows 10 insider dev build 21342, there were many new features such as new icons on file explorer and new notepad and paint app. just like Windows 11, can you add new design improvements such as floating start menu and rounded corners?...
  3. Please modernize Windows 10 in upcoming updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please modernize Windows 10 in upcoming updates.: Dear Microsoft, As you remember in Windows 10 insider dev build 21342, there were many new features such as new icons on file explorer and new notepad and paint app. just like Windows 11, can you add new design improvements such as floating start menu and rounded corners?...
  4. Please modernize Windows 10 in upcoming updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft reveals upcoming features for Windows 10 Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals upcoming features for Windows 10 Edge: Microsoft has shared the roadmap of the upcoming features and improvements for the Chromium-based Edge browser. The Edge team also revealed that feedback from testers has helped Microsoft to introduce features such as dark theme, built-in Bing Translate, privacy controls,...
  6. Split screen view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Split screen view: I have been trying to get split screen view on my hp windows 10 laptop but it does not work. Earlier I was able to do it but I don't know what changed now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/split-screen-view/89806d48-f374-4686-bd2c-e86efa5d214b
  7. Split View mode now available on Skype for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Split View mode now available on Skype for Windows 10: Split view mode is now available to everyone on the latest Skype for Windows 10 client. I'd love to hear your feedback once you've tried it. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter 122014
  8. Split View mode now available on Skype for Windows 10 Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Split View mode now available on Skype for Windows 10 Insiders: Split View mode is now available on our latest Skype for Windows 10 Insiders builds, 8.33.76.40/14.33.40.0! Try it out and send us your feedback! For more info on Skype for Windows 10 Insiders visit Skype for Windows 10 Insiders - your most asked questions: | Skype Support...
  9. Skype app on Windows gets a big update with Split View mode for Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Skype app on Windows gets a big update with Split View mode for Insiders: Microsoft is listening to users feedback as the latest Insider build of Skype comes with the highly-requested feature. Skype preview for Windows has been updated to version 8.33.76 and it comes with the Split View mode that would help you chat with multiple people at same...
  10. Microsoft is considering bringing compact view (split view) to Skype’s new Windows 10 app

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is considering bringing compact view (split view) to Skype’s new Windows 10 app: Last year, Microsoft confirmed that the company is retiring the classic version of Skype on September 1, and as part of its efforts to convince users to update before the September 1 deadline, the company today announced that it may bring back the compact view (split view) to...