Windows 10: Microsoft shows off windows without 1px border in Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft shows off windows without 1px border in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft’s design language has evolved over the years with many changes that were dearly loved by fans and many that were very much disliked. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 19, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft shows off windows without 1px border in Windows 10

Microsoft’s design language has evolved over the years with many changes that were dearly loved by fans and many that were very much disliked. This time, however, we’re talking about Windows 10 and it’s 1px border around the window edges.

You know what will be a groundbreaking feature of Fluent design? Removal of that 1px border around windows.

— Mehedi Hassan (@mehedih_) May 11, 2017

The 1px border around the window edges is by far the most hated element of Windows 10’s design. Mainly because a window is the most basic thing that makes Windows, Windows. And the worst thing about it is that it’s always there, everywhere.

Microsoft recently updated their documentation for NavigationView control and the new documentation shows off some screenshots of how the control works. Besides the control itself, the screenshot also features a beautiful drop shadow around the window and yes – without the 1px border. So, Microsoft has finally decided to drain the swamp – well, it seems.

The screenshot is certainly just a mere mock-up. But it gives us a closer look at how this could look like. However, this is destined to happen at some point in time.

I think the most exciting part about Project NEON is the fact that they're finally getting rid of that ugly 1px border around windows

— Zac Bowden (@zacbowden) February 9, 2017

*”Project NEON” meaning Fluent Design System’s codename.

Microsoft had already shown off many mock-ups featuring the similar absence of 1px border before. In fact, in recent Redstone 5 builds, Microsoft has already gotten rid of the 1px border around the edges of many UWP controls such as context menus and dialogue boxes and was replaced with a drop-shadow instead. What do our readers? Is the wait is finally over?

The post Microsoft shows off windows without 1px border in Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 19, 2018

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft shows off windows without 1px border in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft shows off

2. Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders: Using Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders am I able to drag and drop an application like Adobe Photoshop from one computer to the other?If not, am I able to use zoom on computer 1 to screen share my application on computer 2 via Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders?Thank...
  3. Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders: Using Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders am I able to drag and drop an application like Adobe Photoshop from one computer to the other?If not, am I able to use zoom on computer 1 to screen share my application on computer 2 via Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders?Thank...
  4. Is there no way to have no 1px border but have coloured title bars?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there no way to have no 1px border but have coloured title bars?: I hate this about Windows at the moment. Why do I have to choose between having an ugly 1px grey border around windows or an ugly white title bar on unselected windows when everything else is dark mode. It looks terrible. I don't see why they aren't separate options in...
  5. Is there a way to stop hiding the 1px border when a window is not in focus?

Is there a way to stop hiding the 1px border when a window is not in focus?: Pretty much as the title says. I like to have things in windows, not full screen. I've tried searching many sites but so far been unable to find any correct setting. I don't want to get rid of the border entirely, I just want it to always be displayed. Then there is no...
  6. Remove program's 1px outline border in latest update?

Remove program's 1px outline border in latest update?: With shadows enabled, the default border outlines programs have are useless and only serve to make them look worse. "Removing" the border by unticking accent color for "Title bars and window borders" does not remove the borders of unfocused programs and any legacy windows...
  7. 1px border is still active around apps after turning the off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    1px border is still active around apps after turning the off.: hi there I'm on windows 10 version 2004. I noticed 1px border is active around apps even though I have title bars and borders turned off in the settings app. I used to have similar problem on version 1903, except it goes away when tick title bars and borders on and off....
  8. Remove the white 1px border in high contrast mode?

Remove the white 1px border in high contrast mode?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ayy_-_lmao [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fnvpsr/remove_the_white_1px_border_in_high_contrast_mode/
  9. Windows 10 is showing Windows Vista window borders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 is showing Windows Vista window borders: So I was watching a YouTube video in fullscreen and when it ended I exited the fullscreen to find my window borders as if they were the ones in Windows Vista, the individual buttons that look like a cross between Windows XP and Windows 7, not the ones that you'll see if you...
  10. Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders: How to: Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders When I was using Windows 7 I used Mouse without Borders, After updating to Windows 8 I forgot all about it Now that I am running Windows 10 I have found it again and it works great. What is Mouse without Borders Mouse...